✅ [RoleQ] Comp = Mandatory, QP Optional

For Comp, it would make climbing less random if 2Flex-2Tank-2Heal was mandatory.

But have it be optional for Quickplay, either 6Flex or 2Flex-2-2.
And as the guy below me said (Densetsu), for the RoleQ in QP, have it use the Comp Ruleset, for an Unranked Mode.

Would probably deal with the “too many DPS players” who are primarily in Quickplay anyways.

Also have 4 votes needed to unlock roles. Incase your Comp team needs that SoundQuake 4DPS comp in GM, or you just got 4 people who wanna go DPS in Bronze.

1 Like

What about the people who dont want to deal with ranks, but want to have enjoyable gameplay in an environment like QP?

QP shall have even no limits for all i care, but then give us an unranked mode with comp rules,including the forced 2-2-2.

If you can unlock roles the limits are worthless for stopping cheese comps like Goats.

1 Like

Jeff did say that queue times would be like 30 mins for DPS players, although maybe that will encourage flexing, but it also could lose a lot of players.

After all the changes on PTR, you think GOATs is still going to be a problem?

Yes, so long as tanks do DPS level damage with three times the health pool.

1 Like

Right, but that’s exactly why you have the two queues in quickplay. Since that’s where all the 3-4-5DPS comps are primarily.

Sadly its not the right idea. Its an idea, but mostly will just lead to long queue times and declining population.

Still waiting for better ideas tho

I think the devs gave Masters/GM level players enough tools to deal with GOATs in these two PTR patches. And if they didn’t, you can be certain the devs will be finding ways to weaken GOATs further.

This is really only a “Top 5% of the playerbase” problem anyways. Ana only really affects the average player through boring Twitch/OWL streams.

Sure, that’s my most played hero, but whatever.

Did you mean Goats? That would make more sense if you meant Goats.

Well, how about the idea that if you queue for Damage, you have to queue for 2-3 Roles, not just Damage.

But if you played Support/Tank the previous round when queuing for Damage, you are guaranteed to get the Damage role the very next game you play.

1 Like

Maybe you could base it on the honor system? Like they get preferential placement?

I mean, it feels like you get endorsements randomly just by playing long enough, and not quitting games midgame.

That’s a great idea.

I get it, that we all want a balanced comp (however it is) that gives us a reasonable chance to win the game. I really do.

But imo the cons here outweigh the pros. I’ve been in WoW with queue system, and super long dps queues are sadface. At least in that game, while waiting you can also do daily quests, auction house stuff, spend times at the transmog skin guy, or go herbing/mining or whatever profession you have.

Nowadays in wow, there are plenty of players that lock in healer or tank, and they are either garbage at it, or else the content has been so trivialized that its meaningless anyway (yes you are healer but there is not enough dmg that we have to count on you.)

I also still don’t like the idea that once locked into healing-- or tanking-- I literally cannot swap off. Perhaps i’m in a game where we can solo tank with orisa for a few mins while I swap off to sombra, get past the bastion choke, then i can swap back? Not in the Greyfalcon communist version of events.

I really like the idea of choices regarding building a decent comp. But I also know that super long dps queue times will drive players away. Good players. Some bad-- yea, but some good.

Maybe the dev team has something up their sleeve that can solve it all. Maybe, for those that value the beloved 2-2-2 more than quick games, they will institute a LFG option so those players will know they’ll have their awesome balanced comp before entering the match. Just maybe.

(p.s. I’m not actually a dps main either, but sadly I see the flaws currently in this system.)

Well, I’d argue that 2Flex-2Heal-2Tank has a lot more flexibility and ways to compensate for weaknesses.

The 2Flex can play any hero, so if they really need to, they can do a third Tank or Healer.

If your 2Flex players aren’t putting out enough damage, there’s a lot of Healer/Tank options that put out good damage.

There’s also the option of just acting like you have one Healer, and using selfHealers for DPS/Tank.

Mei, Batiste, and kinda Lucio/Zen/Genji can offer some solid tanking options.

And if all 4 Tanks/Supports don’t like the locked Roles, then vote to unlock them.

Could also have this system, to trade Roles, but I’m somewhat worried about the potential harassment:
✅ [Hero Swap] RoleQueue or RolePick

Jeff said Roll Que would put us at 30 minutes.

He also have the proviso if “assuming no playerbase behavior changes” and I’d bet that number would be way lower for just Comp players.

That the vast majority of the 4-5DPS games are in Quickplay.