Role Queue Placements - SR Reset?

When role queue goes live will it be a complete SR reset? Or will our past statistics be taken into consideration as we are placed in each class? I’m just wondering if, for example, I’ll still only place slightly higher or slightly lower than last season’s SR like I normally do? Or will it be a chance to potentially jump up rank if my play has improved with a certain class?

They said that they’ve been tracking role MMR for awhile, and the data they’ve gathered will be used for placements. So no reset. If PTR is any indication, though, there’s a bit of a soft reset in that you can place way higher or lower than the base MMR they’ve given you.

For example, all of my matches started at 4100, but in one role I placed 3300, so -800 off of my base.

1 Like

Thanks for responding. Maybe there’s a bit of hope. I probably belong no higher than gold or plat honestly, but it bites being stuck in silver where I was originally placed at level 25 :confused: Only been playing for 5 months, but I know at least my tank game is much higher than silver. It’d just be nice not to have to grind through silver all the time to get up to where I probably belong? You know?

I suspect on a fresh account I’d place higher, but meh.

It can be done. I pulled this account from 1600 at its lowest in s5 to 4155 peak this season. No new account needed. Role queue will make things easier, but it’s not a magic bullet.

Nice work. And I totally get it that you have to put the time, patience, and consistency in to earn it. But sometimes the grind seems way to arduous and long… I’m hoping role queue will help with some of the issues in Comp. to make it easier to climb to where your skill level is actually at.

Hate to be that Guy but if you are hardstuck silver you deserve to be there

I know, I know. And I get that. I was in gold for awhile and then dropped. Sometimes the SR gain and loss is just brutal, you know what I mean I’m sure.

It’s not. Jeff said please don’t judge anything based on match quality on the PTR. They’re looking for structural bugs, not matchmaking issues in PTR. Matchmaking will be evaluated in the beta season.

I guess we shall see in the end. I was hoping a forum official from Blizzard might clue us in =S

But thanks for the interview breakdown, it’s a good source and I hadn’t seen that.