Role queue beta and Seson 18

So, do you guys remember how we were told that our MMR won’t change and it doesen’t matter how we perform in RQ beta?

I had problems as healer, for some reason I couldn’t win. I ended up with like 6W-15L. To be honest, I was just frustrated so I stopped queuing for heal role, because yeah, I didn’t want to tryhard since RQ beta MMR won’t matter. And what I’m seeing now? I placed somewhere I ended up in RQ beta.

(and yeah, I wasn’t trolling, I was trying my best, from the discussion on r/Overwatch is clearly visible that quality of DPS compared to tanks and heals is just… meh…)

Do you have the same “problem” or is it just me that mmr from S17 is completely gone and has no impact on S18?

RQ 0-5 placements, S18 4-1 placements, how could I end up -300SR below than at the end of S17?

EDIT:
Quote from blog post because you all feel like you are the wisest

However, beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats

I don’t understand what your question is.

Yeah, they poorly worded the beta season saying that stats won’t be saved from the season. Personally, I never took that to mean that your mmr wouldn’t be saved (or at least I was skeptical of it). They’ve since clarified that what they meant was that your stats from the role queue beta won’t show up on your stats page. Everything else was kept.

20 characters…

1 Like

Okay, thanks.

I don’t get it then., guess I will sacriface the penultimate semester of my uni to climbing back to 3,3k with healer.

• Will my Beta Season MMR/SR be carried over to Season 18?
  • No , stats or rank will not be carried over from the Beta Season.

And the quote from blog post, under “When is Role Queue available”:

However, beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats

So, what is this? I’m probably dumb…

no, because they never did

all they did was saying that the beta seasons stats won’t be added to your overall comp stats

Well that Reddit post is why I only get my information from official sources.

And as for the blog post, yeah, they worded it pretty poorly. It’s not hard to understand how that was misinterpreted.

I linked Reddit because I firstly saw it there and then went to blog post which says the same.

Well, I’m not a native English speaker and I don’t play OW so often atm but I’m here just to ASK, there’s no need to reply like that.

OK, I got it now, I should have read that article 10 times.

I didn’t realize that I responded in a negative way?

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people took it to mean that beta season wouldn’t have any impact on the next season. Even a forum MVP (green text) posted that.