Role Limits in Quick Play

ikr, I don’t see the reason why it’s being held back so long.

IDC much about 5DPS but it’s really annoying to have 5 DPS when you’re a Moira 1 trick lol I need some tank cuties in my life lmao.

3 Likes

While I agree, I think they are using a ‘temporary’ Competitive season for the purpose of testing and and maybe adjusting role based MMR. The other idea is that they probably want everyone interested in role queue to be playing a single game mode, so that all the data the team needs to go over is in one place after the ‘temporary’ Competitive season is finished.

… nothing here, I was totally wrong

3 Likes

Thank you. Does this mean role queue is coming to AI games along with QP in September?

Loved the new changes, finally we can have a decent comp match, but with this it will be harder to make a different strat to win the game, i mean everyone knows GOATS but with this new thing we can’t make it, im not talking for me on this one, i liked the changes, im just throwing some “problems” to you guys :stuck_out_tongue:
waiting for classic qp on arcade tho :joy:
keep up with the good work :slight_smile:

Have you even read? It was a bug that gives you role lock but not role queue in qp. In September it will be same as comp with full role queue, that’s why they removed it for now

I played quick play for 2 hours yesterday, won almost all my games because we had a basic 2/2/2! Only complaint I had is someone personal decision making or gameplay style but never was I upset about what role I was in!! I flex so playing any role doesn’t upset me, but playing with 5 dps and one tank isn’t fun it’s tilting and irritating to see a team leave the spawn room with no type of synergy or actual win condition, other then blaming everyone else because of this or that!! Quick play role lock felt like an actual place to test skill and warm up before comp!! And you take it away so people can continue to throw and ruin games for other people? They’ve had their time since game release what about the people who understand the beauty of locked roles and 2/2/2 BRING IT BACK FOR THE TRUE FANS PLEASE! I don’t wanna wait two weeks for a good quick play match :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t know what else to say, besides the bug made the game better.

How tone deaf do you have to be to your community. If a bug is better than the actual game, what does that say about people running the game? Another month of Broken Overwatch

3 Likes

@Blizzard: As you are so convinced that enforcing 2-2-2 will make Overwatch a better experience … why not just add a 2-2-2 Quick Play and change comp only? Don’t move “Classic Quick Play” to Arcade. Let “Classic Quick Play” players play against “2-2-2 Quick Play” players. Are you planning to change Quick Play to the version that came online yesterday by accident?

What this guy said!! I had the BEST games of qp I’ve had in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time with 2-2-2 forced! Dont call this a bug! PLEASE GET 2-2-2 forced going NOW in qp ! ty! <3

2 Likes

So, I went in to play Quick Play on live servers yesterday- and because of a slow computer- I was forced into a role that I didn’t want to play.

I was under the impression that Quick Play’s system would be the same as Competitive- you select a role and you queue. Since this is not the case- you are essentially forcing people onto what they don’t want to play, because for instance they have a slower computer, or was getting a drink while the queue popped.

The new Quick Play felt worse to me than the old one did- and the only reason I can see why you wouldn’t make the same system for Quick Play and Competitive is that the Damage players would have a long queue. So instead of affecting only Damage players, you make everyone suffer? What other games with a role queue does this? I don’t know the numbers of people who mainly play Damage, compared to Support or Tank- although I’m pretty sure there are more Damage mains, than Support and Tank combined. But if they want to only play Damage, that’s their problem right?

I am guessing they are going to do the same as before.

And this beta is just to pre-locate people for the real season, best thing most people can do is wait for everyone else to figure out what Blizzard thinks is what, in my opinion.

I would hope so haha, but the system still pushes you to where IT thinks you should be based off of unknown factors (that are now in disarray) that may or may not be relevant, by nickle and diming you (2-8sr at a time), which by fact of manipulation is probably not something some people want to deal with.

I would still say, anyone serious they back off for (admittedly longer than I want cause of the beta, then early season sucks.) a month (2weeks beta+1-2weeks early season).

Which is a real shame since Role queue is awesome.

1 Like

The Gif is perfect for us who wanted role que for quick play it does feel like rains just pouring down on us having to hear our team asking for a damn healer.

My butts like " Go look for a damn health pack.
Are you daft? "

I learned all the health pack locations on maps because I don’t rely on healers to heal me in time as I’m sniping as Widow so I’m not with other players where I’m going to get shot at but I’m left vurneralble.
Still I don’t need teammates attracting attention to my location bad enough Widow’s sniper doesn’t have a Suppressor like Ana’s.

Please make an Exception to have the Role Limits placed in Quick Play early?

Had a good time yesterday. If you were quick you could play what you wanted. And it is “quick play” after all. I expect I had and advantage as I’m using an SSD

1 Like

Same thing is still going on in AI. Ai of all game modes should not have role queue or role lock.

1 Like

I hate doing this, but I have a question about the new comp system and how you get ranked. I was doing my support matches, only won 2 but had golds in every match on support based skills, some on damage and eliminations as well. so my question is, does the new algorithm for ranking not take into account how the player does separate from the team? or is it just based on the wins. I got placed low silver and it doesn’t seem right.

thank you,

GalahChad.

Disagree. AI should have role queue but not role lock. Not everyone enjoys all dps all the time and that happens in AI just as much or more than QP.

1 Like

Well that depends on the difficulty Easy no medics are needed find a damn health pack

Hell just have a sombrahack a health pack so it respawns as soon as its used

I disagree with your disagreement. VS AI is waaaayyy too easy to have 2 tanks and 2 healers enforced at all times. At best you only need 1 healer and 1 tank, and the tank is questionable, because I’ve seen 5 dps and 1 healer easily stomp the hard AI.

Furthermore, it’s an ACTUAL practice mode. Like, that’s its name. It doesn’t even have shield tanks or half the dps/healer roster. People go there to practice aiming and abilities for whatever hero they want to use in QP and competitive. It’s kind of ridiculous that someone wanting to practice Widow or Ana is thrust into a role lock as a Tank in a practice mode that means nothing, offers no SR, offers no MMR, offers no endorsements, and can’t even be used to complete limited time quests.

2 Likes