Roadhog needs a buff

Roadhog needs a buff. my suggestion give him an 11% increase in damage for both firing settings as well as for whole hog. 50 points of damage upon hooking an enemy. and 15% decrease in shot spread. and 6 second cool down time for hook. and hey if it means going back to 4 shots instead of 5 and slower ult charge it would be worth it. he is the only tank without a barrier producing effect (not that he should have one) his reload is painfully slow and whenever you’re at a choke point and a barrier producing tank is holding the choke point with a mercy pocketed bastion behind it its impossible to get past 9 times out of 10, by the time he breaks the barrier they produce another one and have already taken half his hp after he just healed/reloaded. it is only fair given the fact he cannot move fast he cannot jump/fly high he’s naturally a big target and cannot teleport away. and yes. reaper also has shotguns but he can wraith form right up to an enemy and gets 8 shots that fire much quicker than roadhogs shotgun. he’s an offense tank. offense was his specialty above all other tanks that was his primary function it made up for the slow mobility/reloaded/inaccuracy as well as the distance factor of his shotgun, his shotgun has been turned into a pistol basically it makes about as much sense as decreasing reinhardts shield hp to 1000 points instead of 2000 and allowing him to use fire strike every 3 seconds instead of 6. he’s basically an ult battery for the enemy team just because he’s a tank doesn’t mean he’s meant to be a shield. most other characters weapons possess concentrated fire capability and are more often than not high dps (not saying they need to be nerfed) but not every piece of scrap hits the target. the one man apocalypse needs his whole team at all times and they are not gonna be there all the time he is completely reliant on his team making his effectiveness as well as a valuable asset to the team completely luck of the draw its been a year somethings gotta happen. i have just about 400 hours under my belt most of that being with roadhog and its borderline meaningless all the other characters just keep getting more and more unnecessary buffs as well as the new characters starting off with insane imbalances. a person with skill and experience should stand a chance against multiple enemies when surrounded either by means of escape or killing on occasion. it shouldn’t take a whole clip of ammo to take down a hanzo from 10-15 feet away, 2 or 3 at the most it shouldn’t take 4 point blank range headshot on a mercy pocketed mcree to kill him.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but I’m not going to read this.
Please try using paragraphs.

Does Roadhog need buffs? Maybe, but not big ones like increasing his damage or CC resistance, but I wouldn’t mind see less cooldown in his hook. I just don’t think the meta favors him.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/lets-talk-about-roadhog/188004

I think the number one thing roadhog needs is some damage reduction during his ultimate.

Lower hook cooldown will be welcome as well.

The meta hasn’t “favored him” since, in some strange coincidence that I’m sure has no relation whatsoever, he was “reworked” into what he is now. Hell, he hasn’t even been meta since season 3, but I’m sure that just means his great strength hasn’t been needed in the game for the past year and a half.

Obviously, saying he needs to reliably one-shot again is a contentious thing, but the fact remains that he still doesn’t really have a niche outside of that. Beyond, you know, being an above average shield breaker and being “hard to kill”.

2 Likes

Ok just some friendly advice, if you want everyone to read your post. Please make it into paragraphs, no one likes reading a huge wall of text.

Maybe? Roady is the should be the 1v1 flank watch hero with easy to punish combo’s based on mid-close distances.

Do you know how we actually play roadhog? We hope to god a reliable dps can help us confirm kills that should be easy, based on our RNG primary.

He should get a damage/combo buff, not a survivability or utility buff.

because the DPS/tank hybrid isn’t actually a DPS/tank hybrid.

1 Like

Roadhog DESPERATELY needs bug fixes and more consistent damage

3 Likes

I think Hog needs:
1- A less RNG-y gun. Give the shrapnel a consistent, predictable, usable spread. Even if this means he needs his actual damage count reduced, I would at least like to have more control over that damage
2- Less ult feeding. He’s supposed to be a tank, and most tanks have mechanisms by which they can deny the enemy team ult charge (in fact, AFAIK, only he doesn’t… even Hammond’s adaptive shielding gives zero ult charge). At the very least, he shouldn’t give any Ult charge while vaping, if not passively give less ult charge all the time
3- Less counterable ult. It’s very powerful, when you can use it. Its directionality and his lower movement speed, however, mean it’s very easy to CC him out of it, and barriers (even though he can chew through them) eat it up and only exaggerate that opportunity. Again, it may need a mild compensation nerf to prevent it from being too strong, but giving Hog some degree of CC resist during Whole Hog would be amazing

Beyond that… it’s tough to balance him without making him utterly obnoxious. Part of his problem is that he’s a bully tank, but we already have another bully tank (DVa) who both bullies and tanks better than he does, and has mobility. He has better endurance than she does, but endurance doesn’t matter much in a game where burst reigns supreme. Hog and Orisa both are inferior to their counterparts (DVa and Reinhardt) in that their design inherently plays up strengths that are not relevant in Overwatch, or are substantially less relevant than those offered by their competitors. Thus, to make them relevant, you either A) make them really, really strong (potentially make them OP, which gets no end of complaints), or B) attempt to fundamentally alter how the game is played (which Blizzard tried with Brigitte, and received a torrential storm of howling for)

This is the first thing we need to let the devs know about,

1 Like

Yep I’v encountered this issue numerous times personally, that really needs to change as well.

1 Like