Roadhog buffs coming. Reaper, anyone?

This argument is something I have seen many times already, the “Reaper is performing okay in low tier/it’s really easy to make him too powerful”

1st, performing fine in low tier isn’t a judgement of anything. Pretty much any hero can be used effectively in bronze to plat by someone with a bit more skill.

2nd, Reaper has never even been effective. I can’t imagine how many buffs you need to make him “too powerful”, but I hardly think the devs would be willing to buff him that far ever. At this point, 1 or 2 buffs would be all I am looking for, and it’s highly unlikely a rational buff would make him instantly OP.

3rd, a hero that is (very/too) effective at lower ranks and not effective at higher ranks at all…isn’t that the exact reason they changed Torbjorn and Bastion? Doesn’t this further suggest Reaper need changes?

2 Likes

Mc cree was a victim of being the first Bridgette, they introduced a character to solve their balance problem, he was predictably too strong, and then they just nerfed him, then because two pros can sort of make him work occasionally they refused to fix his kit.

They just do not learn from anything they do.

Support from any player is always appreciated

1 Like

He deals a lot of damage at times. Sure, he may need changes.

1 Like

Don’t put him in the meta

And don’t put him off the meta

There’s a huge grey area in between and that’s where he can operate

*Developer Parker looks confused

1 Like

Hanzo.

Always believe.

Yeah. It’s been a very, very sad road for Reaper. Possibly why he’s so edgy as it is. Self fulfilling prophecy and all.
I do have faith they’ll come around and give him something soon. I feel they’ve been getting better at balancing and fixing heroes now that they’ve gotten their feet under themselves some (at the cost of extra event game modes and such [which I’m all for quality of life > events]).

So here’s to hoping that as of late they’ve seen some of the shadowstep buff suggestions. The smoke grenade alt fire suggestions. The hellfire shotgun tweak suggestions. The armor piercing rounds suggestions. The death blossom tweak/buff suggestions. The “Reaper needs something. Anything!” suggestions. The fact is, they do care about the game. There are many characters to worry about. So it’s a matter of time before he gets his (at least that’s what I keep telling myself)

1 Like

Pharah is in the same boat, and she’s only just now getting changed so maybe reaper is next

1 Like

“We heard your feedback and we’re working on reaper’s buff! We’ve given him a single extra bullet, that should keep him relevant!”

3 Likes

Yay! All praise the edgiest of lords! Our Lord and savior has been brought back from the depths, he is saved! pops champagne

1 Like

reaper really deserves buffs especially if all shotgun characters are getting buffed

2 Likes

Amazing thread, with a bunch of work behind it.
If Reaper can’t be a tankbuster anymore, do something else for him.

Right now, he has no niche/doesn’t benefit the player to get picked.

Edit:
If have some points, too if you wanna add it:

1 Like

Sorry, I was banned earlier for “obscene language”, apparently.

I have added your post, but the general lack of response is depressing although expected. It’s like there are too few of us left to make a difference at all

1 Like

No problem.
Well, at least we can try.
One of the many posts might get noticed

Yeah Reaper would be the only one without a change

Reaper threads die fast

Just like his pick rate.
Cries in corner

Yeah dont remind me…

yall hear sumn…? no? ok good