RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

Winston can jump extremely far, his range can keep up with Widow in all but a few edge cases that a lot of maps don’t even allow, and winston is considered an off tank and diving is what he does.

Genji has deflect and he can 100-0 a widow with just shurikens + dash which is absurdly easy to do on a scoped in widow her movement speed is very slow especially if he’s doing his job of flanking he’ll catch her unaware and he can kill her before her reaction + her hook even lets her reposition due to it’s cast time.

Tracer has ways to get on a huge percentage of the platforms that Widow can and can one clip her. She can recall if widow immediately grapples ontop of a ledge after dropping down, assuming she didn’t one clip the widow which isn’t that hard for the same reasons stated for Genji.

D.Va can boost into her while holding defense matrix and pin her into a wall while unloading rockets and widow has no option but to die after that even if she’s trying to hook away she will die before she gets away due to cast time and how obnoxious it is when you’re being propelled through the air with D.Va’s boosters. And again, like with genji and tracer, scoped in widow is a super easy target.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m out, I’m not gonna discuss with 10 y/o children. Have a nice day :))

I’m a teen but okay:

2 Likes

A good widow will be proficient to avoiding these characters and most of the time she gets pocketed so healing will save her or another teammate will.

Ok bye.

you will reach the point where u play a hero and get used to it, it get buffed to the point where he is balanced and then get nerfed because of its pickrate.

why wouldnt you pick a Widow in a meta where all of the mobile heros are useless because of Brigitte?

Blizzard buff a hero for a season and nerf it for the next season and rework it for the next season… you usually buff a hero and balance ur game around it… I never played a game that balances their game based on seasons just to make it more interesting and change some metas.

Calling him a child because he’s keeping the discussion lighthearted, hate to break it to ya but you’re the child in this scenario.

2 Likes

I believe overwatch would get severely boring if they didn’t change up the meta every season. Yeah it’s kind of dumb but I think it’s necessary

Then I’ll play another hero and get over it. There are 28 heroes in the game now, I can live with not being able to play one of them.

1 Like

Eh, don’t worry about him or her, he lost when he said “Stop using weebs gifs”

1 Like

That’s a lie.

I actually am more surprised if I don’t spend 70% of the match using health packs.

Also scoped widow is one of the easiest characters to headshot in the game her movement speed is incredibly slow and her head hitbox is way more generous than a lot of heroes.

2 Likes

meta should change with more and more heros brought to the game… simply like Brigitte, but her stun were too op (5 second cd).

without Brigitte for example, even with Hanzo’s rework he wouldnt be viable like he is now. now after the Brigitte 7 seconds SB nerf, dive will comeback and Widow will still be in the position where shes not viable enough to escape and protect herself…

I remember the Developers saying “we buffed Widow’s hook to 8 second from 12 seconds to let her escape her counters better and give her a chance to survive more”

they said it when dive meta was dominating… now we will go back to the same point… dive will comeback… and Widow will be the same goat she used to be… u hook… u kill something… the enemy see you … u die.

I wish there was a key where u could kill urself instead of waiting for the Winston to jump on u and kill you…
with 10 seconds, 12 seconds hook cd when a Winston catch u… youre not able to escape u just gonna wait till u die.

Widowmaker wont be viable she will be dead and considered as a throw pick… the day where Blizzard buff her hook to 8 seconds again will come… Hammond will be a big counter for her anyways…

2 Likes

Overwatch would be a lot more fun in an actually balanced state, and a lot less enraging.

Blizzard doesn’t add heroes quick enough to keep the game interesting. It’s a sad truth. Also the community doesn’t allow Bliz to help change the meta in the way they want. Any beloved hero gets nerfed and the forums explode. This community is toxic and it’s taking a toll on the game.

We must be playing different games then, since I see a good Widow getting pocketed by a mercy or a zen.

You forgot that a good widow will flick herself to kill you even while scoped, I have seen this happen most of the time in my comp or qp games

1 Like

She has been a must pick in OWL which is what they balance around often. IMO it makes sense. She still has crazy hard carry potential with her 1-shots, and an extra 2 seconds on a cool down won’t kill a hero.

This is true yet it’s impossible. Overwatch will never be in a completely balanced state because of the counter system.

Every single hero I’ve enjoyed playing has been nerfed into the ground, hard countered by the meta or reworked, and I’m still here.

Cry me a river.

It’s not the counter system, it’s the vastly different skill curves on heroes.