RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

Mei can counter Widow pretty easily. u simply spam ur projectiles to the Widow’s head. its a lot easier for the Mei since the Widow is very slow in scoped mode. 150 headshot followed by a bodyshot and bye Widow.

Mei has a higher chance of fighting against widow, but once again, she doesn’t counter her.

Sure, the ice wall and block allows her to move closer but good luck trying to chase the widow. If she can’t kill the mei, she aim the supports instead.

Besides, Hanzo has a better chance of countering and even that guy is having problems doing that exactly.

This is exactly the goal of this change. Right now Widow is way too slippery to catch. Add some pocket healing and she is almost nonpunishable if not for other sniper.

You claim to have 1000 hours on Widow in Masters, yet you state Tracer as a good counter for Widow. If anything, Widow is a soft-counter to Tracer as she has Mercy pocket 90% of the time to 1-shot bodyshot Tracer (should be very easy for Master Widow if it was easy for Diamond player like me) while being unreachable.

5 Likes

That is amazing that the tracer can get to you before you take 2 secs to get a health pack. Also amazing that you don’t have a healer like zen or mercy (oh wait their pickrate is the biggest). Also amazing that the enemy team has the communication to let the tracer know you’re dropping in the first place. Also amazing that the orissa spread was favorable enough to hit you that consistantly from that far away. And in the time it takes for orissa to hit you that much you can’t get a shot off? 1k hours indeed.

1 Like

B. Widow winrate is in the 50’s and the pros are complaining about her so:

Not my problem

Widow is getting the genji treatment lmao. “blade that kills 3 people instantly” you might not have dragon blade but you do have a 300 damage headshot, if genji leads all 3 shrikes on a head it’s not even 200 damage. Widows SMG does more dps than genji. If you truly like to play widow you’ll play around her nerfs. Please stop acting like it’s a sledgehammer Nerf because it really isn’t, do you remember when she used to have a 12 second grapple? She was fine then and she’ll still be fine after this next patch.

u compare the press Q - spam leftclick and shift after every kill to… AIM and get a triple kill while u get heros shooting at u at the same time… ok.

Widow will always get a POTG by killing 3 man over a Genji’s using blade… because of how harder it is to do that then spamming some left click.

4 Likes

You’ve never actually played genji have you? It’s not as easy as pull it out and hold left click. You have to know where people are what your cool down status is. Plus you dive into the enemy team without a target and you’re gonna die.

3 Likes

lol, yesterday i played genji for the first time in my life.

i got 2 blade kills and after it I killed an Orisa.
not really too hard.

Mercy main btw <.<

In qp or comp

1 Like

ok thanks for explaining me what nerf is… but u still cant go against the fact that the future changes going to make Widow a “throw” pick.
she will be considered as throw… she wont be viable… and u know what that is so sad because Hanzo will still be viable…

more and more people will get banned for playing Widow. yes because of this toxic community u get reported for playing a hero that considiered as throw. and what is a hero that considered as throw? its a hero that doesnt fit the game cause he gets countered pretty easily…

“lets increase Widow’s hook cd to make it easier to kill her”
like Widow has 500 hp and 1k hp shield infront of her always. Widow is easy to kill simply by spamming dmg on her… Mei will headshot with 150 dmg, Hanzo can 1 shot, dive comp can delete her… seriously she didnt need this nerf.

2 Likes

First time I picked up genji I got 3 kills with his blade, 100% luck. I’m not saying it’s impossible it’s just not as easy as they’re saying it us.

It’s still easier than getting a triple kill with Widow headshots, rofl.

1 Like

Depends on if we’re talking console or PC. PC is so easy to get headshots with. Also depends on you’re positioning.

At least she’s at a safe distance, genji has a chance to die because of stuns or get his ult nulled and voided.

All it takes is a jumping Winston to kill a Widow in about 5 seconds. Safe distance huuuhhh…

Grapple away, if he wants until you’re grapple is just used then you got outplayed

1 Like

You forgot her grapple, she can use it to:

3 Likes

Stop using weeb gifs instead of typing tyvm.
And well, Winston’s jump cd is 6, and now Widow has a 10 second grapple.

seems legit

1 Like