RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

So you think suddenly people are going to stop having good aim with her? Its bad to practice to have good aim with a character?
Should braindead characters be the only viable ones?

3 Likes

first of all this is not my main, im a Master player with 1k hours on Widow with pretty high crit rate.
I know how to use her pretty well, a lot better than the Genji mains who use her in your comp just because its “Temple of Anubis” attack point. I know exactly how hard its going to be to use her next patches just because of the new buffs/nerfs to the other heros.

what im trying to say in this thread is… Blizzard already nerfed her by buffing/nerfing/realsing WB. there is no point to nerf her hook’s cd and make her a goat. she should be positioning herself faster since her most power is when the enemy doesnt focus her.

now let me explain… if u stand highground behind everything sniping people… people doesnt even have to kill Widow to counter her… a McCree can simply shoot her to make her useless. and now with the 50% dmg falloff of McCree and Soldier they will deal with Widow pretty well in long distance.

2 Likes

Widowmaker says clearly

SNIPER… LEAVE THIS TO ME …

While the rest of the cast just tell everyone to don’t show their heads.

The only counter to widow is another one. Even in Dive meta a skilled Widow > D.va/Winston/Genji/Tracer.

Because she is the only hero who can constantly can 1 shoot any 300 hp character with no drawbacks, no exposing herself on close range.

5 Likes

I don’t think you understand balance.
2 seconds extra on a hook cooldown doesn’t make her go from brokenly overpowered to trash tier. It also doesn’t effect aim.
They’re also nerfing perceived braindead heroes e.g. Brigette so don’t start that.

TBF, even the OWL pros are complaining about Widow.

I still think she’s strong, being able to one-shot from far-away is pretty good. Her damage remained unchanged, her mobility is nerfed sure but that doesn’t mean she can’t do stuff.

Open, long-sight maps is still Widow territory. I.E Junkertown first point, Gibraltar, Dorado second point, KOTH, just to name a few in particular.

You sure like to use genetic fallacy. The source of an argument has nothing to do with the truth value of an argument. You just have no real argument so you’re just bashing ppl based on rank, which basically means you lost cus you have no real point. It’s like billionaires saying they’re right on twitter because they have more money, it’s sad really.

6 Likes

you describes everything like its EASY to headshot with her.

a GM widow will fight a GM DVA, WINSTON GENJI AND TRACER. do you really think a GM Widow will be able to win a GM Tracer consistantly? seriously.

the BEST counter for Widow is another Widow because then the enemy Widow wont pop her head that easy since she knows theres another Widow around. BUT… if you play dive heros u dont really need another Widow to counter her and as I said… we got a lot of shields in game. an Orisa which stands behind shield shooting a WIdow already makes it a lot harder for her to do her job.

Widow is strong right now simple because of the fact that dive is dead. and second because of Mercy. since Mercy is the ONLY main support u want in your GM game Widow is pretty strong. cause Widow Mercy is a strong combo. because when somoene shoots a Widow from behind she can still stand and get her picks while getting pocketed by a Mercy… but when Widow doesnt have the Mercy with her she will have 2-3 chances to kill then she will be able to escape and get a healthpack.

5 Likes

Do you forget 6 seasons of dive meta?

1 Like

this Widow in the current game is ok… but tehy changed a lot of stuff which nerfs Widow. Hammond will join the game and hes a pretty much counter for Widow aswell… thats why she should not get a nerf.

6 Likes

Even amazing Widow have a ~20% scoped headshot rate. You make it sound as if she can just choose when to be consistent with that, here’s a hint, she can’t.

Ya sooo true, in my 300 hours on Widow, I’ve only died to another Widow. True story.

5 Likes

u didnt get my thread? GM players cant read? only play OW ranked and brag about their rank?

so what I meant in this thread is that all of Blizzard’s changes to the REST of the heros (watch above) will nerf Widow already. like, cree and soldier will deal with her better now, Dive heros will be in game even more, Mercy pocket wont be powerful as now… Wrecking Ball made to counter snipers. thats why I think she should NOT get touched because she will be already less viable than she is right now.

11 Likes

Wow from 8 to 10 seconds on your mobility and you become a trash pick? Widow mains are more frail than I thought. It’s not even a nerf to your damage and if you seriously think bastion can snipe her you are fooling yourself. Also F*** Hanzo, he is not a good reference point for balance.

8 Likes

if it was only 8-10 no one would say anything about her.

but watch the rest of the changes they made and see why Widow will be less viable pick than now next patchs. thats why the hook should stay at 8 seconds.

2 Likes

5 Likes

After how long she has been dominating the higher elo’s meta? I say let’s.

1 Like

He ain’t. Hammond is more of a distraction tank or CC tank.

I have fiddled around with Hammond, and my thoughts is that he’s not really a widow counter. A soft-one maybe, but counter? No way.

Assuming Widow and Hammond is on equal skill footing (Hammond knowing to use grapple claw to its fullest.), I would say that Hammond would still have problems trying to keep up with Widow (Assuming if we go with the 8 second grapple cooldown.) since her grapple gives her more consistent getaway than Hammond who needs to build momentum and a higher chance to screw up.

In addition, even with the 100+ barrier, A widow headshot (Which Hammond WILL pop out when he shoots.) to Hammond will hit about 270+ damage. 3 headshots is enough to mulch Hammond, even getting there is dangerous considering Widow 120 bodyshot is not something to laugh at either.

If you want to shut down Widow better, D.va is actually the superior option thanks to DM and chase her down well. Hammond can force her off the highground but that’s about it, he’ll be better used on the enemy support than snipers.

That’s talking on Widow, I have yet to touch Hanzo and his 420+125 shot.

Edit: Even with 10 seconds, Hammond will still have problems trying to keep up with Widow since he needs to take the long route to build momentum while widow grapple is pretty reliable at least.

You dive Widow, she hooks away, you wait for your cooldowns to reset, you jump widow she hooks away. See the problem with her hook being 8 seconds she cant be reliably dove upon since she has an escape option on such a low cooldown. All while she is shooting 300 dmg headshots at you.

7 Likes

dude, so what are u trying to say? if a hero dominating the meta he is OP? Widow isnt OP she just didnt get countered enough BECAUSE of this meta.

Blizzard buff nerf rework hero just for seasons. for example… now it was Widow season… next season she wont be viable because she got nerfed… next 2 seasons she will get buffed again… this is Blizzard way of balancing

in every game I played when u buff something, u balance the game around this buff… u dont buff it then nerf it because meta changed.
if Jeff would be a Widow main he would never touch Widow because of the fact that shes so hard to play to be effective and she can be useless depending on the comp she play against.

4 Likes
  • Winston’s jump has a 6 second cooldown which is shorter than her current grapple anyway.
  • Genji’s Swift Strike is equal to her current grapple at 8 seconds and he gets resets on kill/assist.
  • Tracer’s blink charges build up every 3 seconds.
  • D.Va’s Boosters are on a 5 second cooldown.

Her mobility is one of the worst, especially if you consider its high fail rate due to how buggy it is.

10 Likes

not really!

you dive Widow she hooks away… u wait for ur cooldown and jump on her again she still has to wait for her cd.
there is no dive hero which has longer cd to his mobility ability than 8 seconds.
Winston’s is 6 rest are same or less… check it urself.
lets not talk about the fact that dva has DM, Winston has Shield, Genji has deflect, Tracer has recall.
Widow has… 8 seconds hook… that is the big deal?

9 Likes