RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

What really annoys me is fact that Blizz at the same time nerfs hero A and buffs hero B which is counter to A or may compete with A. So in conclusion hero A gets a double nerf. Maybe let McCree, Soldier76, Sombra, Mei buff and Wreckingball go live and see how it will affect Widow’s evectivness.

If it doesn’t change THEN nerf Widow.

Hanzo created meta, which allows Widow to shine. But now she is getting ricochet nerf, same as Zaria. Did Graviton on it own was too powerfull? Remember when most heroes could escape from Grav and it got buffs?

This is silly when introducing an unbalanced hero as Brigitte and reworked OP Hanzo caused nerfs for balanced heroes…

4 Likes

I’m surprised they opted to nerf Zarya instead because the real problem is Hanzo. Since the Hanzo rework, he always has dragon up and it makes trivial for him to combo with grav now. A lot of Hanzo’s love to blow their ult before Zarya could get her Ult charged up due to impatience. The rework eliminated that. It’s so trivial for him to have dragons available that it’s common to see the combo in QP if a Zarya and Hanzo are around. That rarely happened before the rework.

Spam arrows or Hanzo’s ult charge rate needs to be to be nerfed and not Zarya.

2 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81165664.jpg

Well it’s not that the game has no ults, but it ‘snowballs’? Like if you kill over and over, stagger enemies and what not, you gain an advantage in different ways with wallhack. But I agree that your team has to pressure the enemy into commit resources to take pressure off you.

Finally if you feel that for some reason you can’t penetrate the shields (which is why I say something like you’re not doing it right tactically, you’re supposed to find space where you can get easy shots), then maybe it’s time to learn a flex junkrat? It’s probably the easiest hero to be effective in masters, and I assume it’s on those choke maps where you can’t find space to get easy shots. When the enemies get to areas where there is long space, maybe swap back to widowmaker?

You can’t expect her to always be effective in every single map at every single point. That’s pretty much a hero in need of balancing.

Me as of now:

Pretty sure people who can play her properly won’t have much trouble.

good for you.
Thanks for the coherent and well though out arguments.

You’re welcome, just gonna stay at the sidelines as of now:

stop trying to tell me what I do wrong, u never seen me playing Widow… im not standing infront of an Orisa shield and sniping it… I know what to do against shields… but if people wants to avoid themselves from getting sniped they CAN do that… theres shields, theres obstacles and theres a lot of long range abilities that made to also annoy the Widow behind.

I assume that u never used Widow and youre just talking about her simply because she sniped u tons of times and ure tired of it… u cant appriciate her skill and the way she do that…
im not playing Junkrat and dont act like Master players cant play the game… to get GM from Masters its probably the easist road.

im not trying to make Widow viable in any maps, there are maps that she should not be used because shes not that effective there BUT… with all of the changes in game right now nerfing Widow’s hook was not needed.
they buffed her for a REASON… go read the reason of the developers urself, they made an 8 seconds cd hook to let her survive more, shes weak and shes not able to fight an enemy in close range.

shes totaly different than ANY other dps in game just because of the fact that shes a sniper.
every other dps can deal with mid range heros, Widow cant…

when somoene dives on a Widow all she can do is to use her hook to escape and sometimes u have the chance to 1 shot the enemy before u die which is not that simple.
now its not like 8 seconds hook feels like 2 seconds… when shes using the ability she still have to use it again in 8 seconds which is long enough compared to the other mobility abilities in game.

her hook used to:

1. positioning
  2. escaping
  3. killing

its not going to be easy to play her and to be based on 10 seconds cooldown to do your job.
if u position urself to hit someone, the enemy can see u a sec after, dive on you and youre pretty much dead, even with 8 seconds hook.
if the enemy doesnt see u in 10 seconds u can use ur hook to escape… then they will simply dive on u again to the position where u cant use any mobility - this happens the same wih 8 seconds! so why do we need it with 10 seconds?
if youre using ur hook to kill someone, u cant position urself for 10 seconds, u cant escape for 10 seconds… this is INSANE it should not be like this.

8 seconds is balanced enough for the weakst hero in the game. and ya shes probably strong… but shes weak… every hero feel like Widow is totaly easy to kill, killing her when shes scoped is like 40-60 bullets right to her head… comon dude…

you might be a GM, probably a support main… u really never played Widow u will never understand what im saying. your comments comes from frustration… u dont like to get sniped just like many people, I can understand that… but Widow is here to stay and snipers are still in the game.

5 Likes

Yes but considering most tanks have to use their mobility to even get on top of a widow then shes gone due to hook on a low CD. You survive and wait til mobility comes off cool down and you have 3 seconds now to kill her which isnt gonna happen if she gets any heals or peels. And well after… the rest of the team just kills you. Widow should have never had her hook buffed in the first place

2 Likes

you describe the gameplay we used to play in 4 seasons, why no one talked about her being op then?

she is totaly fine the way she is, Blizzard just want to remove her for a season or 2.

1 Like

Wasnt her hook 12 seconds back then? They overbuffed her. 10 seconds is a happy medium now that brig is here

1 Like

8 seconds wasn’t an overbuff at all. Considering all her counters still easily counter her even with 8 seconds hook.

If both the diver and the Widow dived and escaped at the same time, respectively, at most it’s going to cost one more round of cooldown reset waiting, during which Winston puts down his bubble and just chill. If it takes more rounds than that, then either the Widow is pocketed (and Winston can’t kill ANYTHING pocketed, not just Widow), or the Winston is garbage that doesn’t know how to turn around midjump, and melee close to landing.

10 seconds is like telling Widow players: “If they have Winston, the only possible thing that you could ever do is switch heroes”. This isn’t supposed to happen, every hero has some sort of counterplay around their counters. Pharahs don’t immediately give up when the enemy picks Soldier.

5 Likes

Adjust speed for 30% decrease when zoomed in

Hook for 20 seconds.

worst nerf for widow is falloff, so we got 13 damage per shot, soldier got 17, bastion 20, mccree 50 or 70(but i can be wrong a bit), so with fall off now we got 7,5, soldier 9,5, bastion 10, mccree 25 or 35(dont remember) and our sweetheart demon from frozen hell no falloff, this is much worse than 2 second of hook

Ladies and gentlemen can you go to this topic and like it for new petition, please!
Petition for Widowmaker poisonous mine change

1 Like

i think it would be a good step if her dmg doesnt completly rely on headshots anymore so everyone can be good but not actually dominating…

since its right that one cant nerf skill and while it wouldnt be fair to nerf her dmg in general or make her even less mobile (cause than clearly only pros can play widow with ANY use) the solution might be make her dmg irrespective of the need to do headshots (maybe let headshots more quickly fill up her ultimate or something). instead dmg could depend on distance or load up of the scope only or marked targets (with a correlating ability). by now shes only a very weak and immobile hanzo in most hands and a complete master tool in pro gamers hands - which actually isnt balanced imo at all).

I guess they want to go back to old QP where half your games as Widow you just spent being farmed by a Winston who didn’t care about the outcome of the match.

3 Likes

just give widow the ability to hook and hang to walls while still giving cooldown on her hook so she can move around a wall. make her like a real black widow

1 Like

there are plenty of nice ideas to adjust feeling, gameplay, sense and output/use of widow, none of which blizz ever seems to notice.
they prefer give us a freakin hamster and stupi.d barriers on checkpoints and stuff (and some overall quite unbalanced charakters) - so many things could really need a rework since the game gets more and more chaotic, leaving behind some of the oldschool-heros :frowning:
i like the idea to make the hook more useful! also the range could be greater imo