RIP Widowmaker [MEGA Thread] </3

I said it before. I will say it again.

Widow needs a complete rework.

Sure lets rework her that worked so well with mercy.

less pickrate cause no one play dive… but once u start using Trace/Genji or any dive hero and u start dominating one of the enemy’s support will surprise u with Brigitte.

Watched Overwatch central video, pretty much they said the same as OP, what I still think Is that mobility will remain countered by Hammond. Sniper meta would be dominating.

1 Like

1 Like

her dmg and the fact she can 1 shot enemies aint the problem. u can still counter her by simply shooting at her, using shields, diving on her, using another Widow against her… shes not in the position where there is no answer to her.

the problem was simply the fact that people stopped playing dive heros because of Brigitte. Widow was able to stand behind without anyone trying to dive on her. she was still not that easy to play because there was double snipers against her but she was alot more viable than using Tracer and Genji as dps in a meta where Brigitte in.

with Hammond in game u will see dive heros again, and Widow will deal with a lot more… is she gonna be a viable pick? maybe in some specific maps, but she wont be a dps hero u use that much anymore since she will be countered easily.

her hook’s cd wasnt the problem, 8 seconds is still not enough to escape any counter… shes still in the position where Winson’s jumps on u, u can die… but with 8 seconds u could at least have a better chance of escaping, now its all based on the enemy… they jump on u, u die.
Winston’s jump cd is at 6 seconds, when u press the ability and ure in the middle of the jump, the cd starts, means… when ure at the ground u mostly gotta wait 4 seconds before u can use the ability again. its differnt for Widow… if u use hook the cd starts when u stop the ability with a jump or when u reach the position.

shes totaly balanced with 8 second hook, its just a meta that has to change and she will become less viable. with 10 seconds hook she will become meh… reportble.

2 Likes

Oh yeah definitely. No other hero in the entire game is designed solely to either completely shut down the enemy team or shut down your own team completely depending on how awesome you are at either getting those head shots or failing miserably in getting them.

Wasn’t genji getting so much hate that he could kill an entire team if he was a god at him or the genji was bad that he gets killed almost every fight and the usual genji main that people see in the forms that the player wines and compains that the healer isn’t healing him.

they should’ve nerfed her body shot damage and made the crit multiplier match her current head-shot damage because mercy damage boost with discord orb is enough for her to body-shot instakill a 200 hp hero. and in high levels of play or with a 6 stack of people who communicate its not hard do destroy

Honsetly i feel brig isnt even that much of a problem pretty easy to kill. The main problem is Hanzo most of her counters are legit destroyed by him rn

Oh man, you’re still going on about this? This ‘nerf’ got Iddqd laughing when one of his viewers said ‘Widow is dead’. He even became sarcastic and said all the pro widows in OWL were good because of the 8 seconds hook.

It’s obvious that you are a master widowmaker isn’t good enough as a widowmaker. Stop whining and get better, and solo winstons hardly beat a good widowmaker. Headshot once and run to your healers, or just jump down from your high ground in advance when you see winston jumping on you if you can’t find that headshot. If he chases you, he’s low HP because of that headshot and has to get out of the bubble he used. If he isn’t chasing you and has high HP, just shoot him from below until he runs off. At some point you can just go back to high ground and contribute. It’s not like your Hanzo can’t cover you with his burst DPS.

and why should I care what this self aggrandizing guy thinks?

I have never heard of those issues. Since Genji needs to get real close & personal also with Briggite and Rein among many others they will make a Genji real careful how they approach them.

Besides Genji can’t 1 shot kill another character without them ever having a chance of countering them.

Back in the day, people where complaining about Genji when he had the 8-second dragon blade, his deflect, etc.
You should of seen the past forms when people was complaining about genji because he so mobile and you can’t do a thing about it since he can outplay his counters.

I though we were talking about current issues.
Besides early on Widow got big huge nerfs too if you recall.

Oh my bad, my head is in the past.
I remember that she could one shot a tracer with a bodyshot and that’s all I know of. I forgot the other nerfs.

Other than watching his aiming guides and listening to small tips on how to get better? You shouldn’t. Like why do you need to copy his toxic moments, just get his good ones. He offers good insight and reasoning from time to time, and his positioning is good to learn from. At the end of the day, he’s a OWL player who has trained with his team. If you analyze things well enough you can understand why he succeeds against flanking or understand why he fails against flanking.

Ummm, is no one going to comment on this? Last I checked 2600 wasn’t masters :thinking:

2 Likes

These forums crack me up. We literally have two threads on top one saying how widow is too OP and one saying RIP Widow… hahahah

1 Like