Right click won't hold

As the title says, a right click will not hold. Instead, it will almost fire immediately. This has happened with zen and widow, making them almost useless to play, as zen cannot fully charge up his orbs and widow can’t use her scoped mode.

It’s not my mouse, as both characters are fine in the training area and at the beginning of a QP or mystery heroes match. But once you start getting into the game, the issue eventually pops up and persists. I’m at a loss as to how to resolve it.

Edit: Just want to add that it happens with reinhardt’s shield as well, so presumably any character is affected if they have a right-click-hold ability.

8 Likes

Issue still has not been resolved; changing my mouse has not worked to fix the issue.

4 Likes

I have the same problem with Sombra and Widow. It just started happening and it seems random. Sometimes it works fine and other times I struggle the entire game with it. It seems to come and go at times too. I cannot find any correlation between when it happens and any other factors.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. I main Rein, so this is a major issue and extremely annoying. It has got myself and the rest of the team killed on more than one occasion. Please fix this before adding new characters or maps. This kind of issue should take priority over new content. Thank you.

Can confirm, it’s extremely frustrating.
I have experienced it with:

• Zenyatta’s Orb Volley
  • Ana’s scoped mode
  • Widow’s scoped mode
  • Moira’s Decay
  • Wrecking Ball’s Grappling Claw

I tried reinstalling the game and disabling other programs’ overlays (twitch, discord, nvidia, windows game mode) without success.

It happens like 90% of the time. It’s not a minor issue :cry:

I can upload videos demonstrating this bug if needed.

2 Likes

Sorry for the double post but I have an update for you guys, since devs haven’t said anything in 5 months.

I solved this by changing my mouse. This happened with a Logitech G403 and now with my old Steelseries Kana it doesn’t anymore. Maybe some mices are incompatible with the game in its current state.

For context, I played the game with the G403 for like 5 months but this started happening like 1 month ago.

Before that I tried uninstalling the logitech software, reinstalling windows completely and changing the usb port of my mice, but it persisted.

I noted this happened most when a lot of things were going on, it was hard to replicate on the training area because you are alone there, but in quick play, in the middle of a fight, it happens like every time.

Hope you guys can solve this issue too. If you can say which mice you use to play would be useful.

Funny enough I started to have the same issue when Wrecking Ball update was live (around 1 month ago) and started to have the same issue with Logitech G403. I do not have this issue with any other game.

Seems like a Logitech/Overwatch game incompatibility.

Was anyone able to find a solution for this problem? I use a G903 and i have been facing this frustrating problem for a while now which prevents me from playing Doomfist/Widow/Rein/Zen. Its not just about right click holding , it sometimes stutters or sometimes not responsive. It happens only when there are enemies in my frame , doesnt happen when we are with team mates or with bots, it gets worser if there are more than 3 enemies in the frame.

I have an Asus Zephyrus GM501, the only solution blizzard ever provides for any type of issue is to remove other softwares(which doesnt fix it btw) , im tired of contacting them while they are unable to help. So if anyone finds a solution for this problem please help !

Just to update all of you I have tried many things like reinstalling Windows/LGS/LG Hub, and resetting BIOS with no avail.

I also had the similar issue where mouse responded perfect in Training Mode/Spawn but right click was not holding continuously during combat.

I have ordered new microswitches for my G403 mouse and changed the OMRON switches to something other than OMRON. All buttery smooth and I have no issues on my right click anymore.

TL;DR It is a microswitch issue that Logitech uses in all of their mice. However Overwatch has this most sensitive input response ever tied to your render/fps where this is no issue in other games.

I would recommend trying other mice before attempting to change your microswitch as it requires soldering which may also void your warranty.

3 Likes

I got the same issue… out of nowhere and started the last couple of months G403. It happens only in games, in training it is alright

Same issue here, Logitech G700. :frowning:

Same issue here…
I cant play widow, ana, zen, moira, brigitte, reinhardt, sombra, doomfist and ashe

Logitech G403

any help? plss

thank you

Same issue here, still no response from Blizzard?
Also using Logitech G403. Perfectly fine for over a year and yesterday this started popping up. All software and drivers are up to date, so I don’t have a clue how to fix this

Hello my problem is a bug of the sprint for a heroes i can’t sprint but i have a good connexion internet help me please

I just started having this problem a few days ago. I cannot find where I read the recommendation, but killing the NVIDIA menu process which was always running seemed to have fixed my problem with right click mouse stuttering.

i have this problem now G403 anyone knows how fix?

This is a fairly common issue with Logitech mice. It’s actually a hardware issue with their Omron switches. Do a quick google search and look for “Logitech g900 double clicking” and you’ll find stacks of people with the same problem.
Sometimes the issue can be caused by static from your mousepad.

There’s a YouTube tutorial on how to fix the switches permanently if you’re fairly handy with taking apart electronics otherwise some people have reported using a can of compressed air or blowing under the mouse buttons can fix the issue. I’ve returned 2 G Pro Wireless because of this issue.

Edit: try right-clicking you’re desktop and swipe you’re mouse around if the selection box start point changes you’ll know it’s not just happening in game.

Got the same issue, i have the Razer Mamba Elite

Same issue- logitech 502. Just happened today, again.

I noticed I had DS4 running and closing it did fix the problem for me. Maybe this helps.