RichC quit because of Rein bugs, so i tried him

Not that iam aware of, with successful earthshatter it prolongs the stun, he should be stunned after sleeping animation completes.

Try to freeze, stun, flash etc someone at the same time, the enemy looks like he got panic attack and all stuns applied to him.

But i will have to test it, your point sounds logical.

It’s a daily struggle really :neutral_face:

Rein has some bugs for sure, but it’s not like he’s unplayable…

My friends and I typically run a Rein most games with good results. Especially paired with Ana. Bugs exist, but they don’t destroy set him back in any significant way.

I’m not that bad of a Rein and I’d probably play him(Only other hero I really enjoy playing)
But everytime I play him I get screwed over at least 20+ times a game due to his bugs

Is he really that unplayable? The most picked tank?

Much respect for you trying to experience this first hand. I appreciate your open-mindedness!

If it helps any, I have a huge list of issues compiled here. If you do plan on continuing to play Reinhardt, I highly suggest knowing what bugs you will encounter along the way because there’s a ton.

Rein is one of the very few heroes I can’t play too well, so while I trust RichC, and quit OW for my own reasons… I was skeptical of the claim that the bugs were that bad and wondered if it was a bit overblown.

That clip you showed us… wow. That shouldn’t be.

Trust me, thats just one of the bugs with new shatter, theres like 30. Another one is basically ‘if the enemies are right behind each other only the first one gets stunned’.

Reinhardt is only the most picked tank for 2 reasons. He has amazing synergy with meta heroes so they heavily enable him. He also has the best shield in the game, so he will be the most used tank on offense most of the time.

Rein is not a good tank by himself, without being enabled he is essentially worthless except for his shield.

I checked it, he didnt take any damage, earthshatter does initial damage, he got up with same hp like he fell asleep, Reins ult completely missed him and wouldnt affect him even if he wasnt asleep :slight_smile:

I have started paying attention to reins who swing their hammer in grouped up enemies and it’s ridiculius how many swings make contact but do not register as a hit. I’m not talking about clipping a hero but full on going right though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, though Genji’s deflect works only half the time now…

I see the HP shows up for Bastion but not for McCree. I can only assume that the damage hit him so he awoke, but he took no damage. Much like all of those ‘hit register’ complaints.

I just don’t know at this point. I main rein/orisa… and I honestly dont have any complaints with Rein. I think I’m just not skilled enough to notice honestly.

I’ve been shifting toward tanks since a few months, I’m not even gonna lie, but playing Reinhardt is like winning at lottery with bugs, it’s either all the planets are aligned, or you’re depressed for missing a shatter because of that polygon edge that somehow was still there.

1 Like

Quitting because of a certain hero is at this point his problem and everyone should care less if he’s not a otp and only finds fun in playing only one hero

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say, bastion is incredibly fun. Sometimes you get countered, but other times when you’re outplaying the enemy team- you can just mow them down.

I think he should have Crit’s back though.

The problem here is that RichC is kinda one of the most notable users on the forums, if you ever played with him, he’s not a otp, but he does value Reinhardt very highly and everything and the thing is, he’s got pretty much every valid points, because it’s been ages since we actually had informative and concrete bug fixes for Reinhardt and each patch seems to add +10 bugs until they do fix one, which then adds up +100 bugs.

At this point, the character itself should be rewritten because it won’t fix like usual. RichC was an important user in terms of positivity and being one with the universe, i mean one with the character and being hella informative to his several bugs.

Rip RichC

Ugh those are the worst. I got booped by lucio once as lucio, booped off a charging rein then vacummed into his pin. Awful time…m

“Highly polished great game”

1 Like

There aren’t bug at all, that’s why they can’t fix them, and that’s why they plague the entire roster.

I think it’s because there are not bug. Everything is done intentionally. It’s done in order to mess with matches and it’s done with every hero. I think their idea was with this was to be able to slightly tilt matches in either direction without the average player catching on that this was happening. I think they thought that this would somehow lead to increased average time played per player, which is a very important metric to potential investors.

OOF! enemy team is about to win a match they are supposed to lose, never fear, just nerf hitscans into the dirt, crank up the RNG/HitReg so your shots don’t register and then mess with damage fall off so if they do register, they don’t do any damage. All this happens very quickly, and usually only for a few seconds or so until key picks either survive or eliminated. Pay really close attention to stuff durning Overtime. You really notice it.

If you’re supposed to lose, and enemy Phara is on point close to her ult, it’s almost like she gets some sort of crazy buff where she just becomes randomly immune to hitscans, it just doesn’t register any hits.

Brigette is really bad for this too, if enemy Brigette is pushing point near/during over time and she’s close to her ULT, she gets like this massive HP buff where she just cannt die. I have seriouly mowed her stright point blank with bastion for a good 5 seconds and she squeaks away with 1 hp.

Now apparently 1 hp is a thing. The frequency and odds of this being random are not possible, I think the algorithm has found a new toy, and that’s not letting DPS get picks they earned by letting the target get away with 1 Hp.

It’s just plain predictable at this point. Go on a winning streak with an off main hero, and switch back to your main and laugh as you have like an obvious -65% damage handicap or something going on, it’s totally nuts.

Sometimes it feels like if I play a few good rounds with '76 what happens is the 3rd and 4th rounds are essentially thrown out the window because suddenly it’s like my shots don’t register and if they do they do maybe 1/3 the damage they are supposed to.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a computer system that basically guarantees absolute maximum monetary efficiency in terms of garnering money from players and the entire thing is automatic!

Wouldn’t it also be nice to be able to pre-determine OWL Winners and Losers all tied with current popular opinion in order to maximize viewership.

All of this is also why WWE is considered entertainment and not a sport. It’s rigged, and always have been, and that’s fine. I just don’t watch it.

In conclusion, those Rein bugs, aren’t bugs. They are 100% nessecery and It’s their stupid algorithm trying to find ways of messing with matches to maintain that 50% win ratio because they think it leads to greater hours played per account, which i turn translates into $$.