Rez...It's Still Broke: Mass Rez wasn’t the Problem

Well said.

2 Likes

They keep doing this, they buff a hero, the buff is too much, instead of reverting that change, they decide to completly change how the hero-s kit is supposed to work.
Same thing happened with D.Va when she got her extra 100 hp of armor, nobody wanted the fix that blizzard gave, everybody just wanted that buff to be reverted…

8 Likes

I don’t find current rez to be broken at all

2 Likes

Due to rez having a flat value in the reward system, I believe it’s just as broken as when it was in mass Rez.

1 Like

So was the other thread that was mass flagged removed?

The titanium one? No, it was not. I will link it for you

That post was flagged because the op called out a forum member.

5 Likes

There was one that was flagged mass after that

Then I am not aware of which one you mean. The linked one I gave and this post of my own are the main posts I habe explored between yesterday and today.

1 Like

It was a thread that brought the other thread into question

'Nuff said. Mass Rez was bad for the game and unhealthy.

4 Likes

That’s not a reply I can properly address without snark. I will simply say, I disagree. See my post above.

let me see if I can follow your logic… a heavily nerfed version of her old ult is broken, yet when it was her ult it was fine? how can you actually break a skill by nerfing it? because it was nerfed and demoted to a skill

How can it be broken now but fine before? just because you had to charge it? mind you, you were able to charge mass rez in 30 seconds as well, so cooldown was not the issue here

1 Like

I argue that Rez itself wasn’t broken before but how it was rewrded. Since the reward hasn’t changed, the issue in mass rez persists.

And cooldown rez makes it so the power is available even before 30 seconds. It cannot be earned as an ult before mercy even sees an enemy . This is an issue with moving its power to main play. It being earned, is going to be better in terms of it’s bad reward system because Mercy has to sacrifice some thing she might not get back quickly.

The harsh reality is that the most of the players that are advocating for the return of Mass Rez Mercy are casuals who don’t want any sort of actual challenge to competitive mode, are unable consistently contribute to a win, maintain their former rank or adapt to play with any other hero competently (including current Mercy) and want free SR for a single button push so they can say they are “Masters” players in OW.

Mass Rez Mercy usage rate was over 50% for multiple seasons. Some seasons spiking as high as 70%!! (S5).

I’m sorry, but the mechanic was broken and that’s why it was removed. That’s why you don’t hear the Devs even say one single word about Mess Rez ever coming back. Because it’s not.

2 Likes

but you don’t get it quickly, 30 seconds is a lot for a basic skill, no other skill on the game has such a long cd

How is the power of rez available before 30 seconds? if you switch back and forth you do get it back at the expense of ult charge which is alright considering valk does increase her power momentarily and you’re giving that up for a single rez that could get you killed

Single rez is more than definitely earned if you can pull it off, considering it almost locks you in place you need to be careful when, where and on who to use it, if you don’t think is an earned ability with a fair reward (only one person is back, unlike mass rez where you could revive your whole team) I honestly don’t think you’re thinking straight

So I’ll ask one more time, if the reward of mass rez was bigger and the requirements to pull it off were easier to achieve, how is it that current rez is broken but mass rez was balanced if it was effectively massively nerfed?

I feel valk Is not possible to mess up. Free Sr is given to mercy players now with valk. That’s not the nature of this thread tho.

That’s a reward issue. Not the mechanic. Which I discuss in my thread.

I did not see that until the Sr exploit started > season 4 Imo

I don’t care that mass rez was removed. I care that the Sr exploit still persists and is easier to do now than before. It’s just less flashy and so it looks like it’s gone even though it’s worse than before.

1 Like

Is there still an exploit though

Are there a bunch of Mercy player at really high ranks because they abuse how rez works?

The first time I’ve ever heard about it in these 50 mercy threads per day but its always brought up with mass rez

There isn’t, SR is distributed equally based on performance, Rez does count for your performance, however its value was reduced heavily not only by making it single target but also behind the scenes for SR gain calculations

I think that shows it shouldn’t be on cooldown.

It’s available the second you select mercy. It has a thirty second cooldown not a thirty second from the start of the a game.

Working to live is not the same as earning the ability . Similarly, like you said, mercy had the ability to earn rez in thirty seconds before with mass Rez. Should we make cooldown rez actually earnable then? It’s possible in thirty seconds. Now Mercy still has to heal and earn rez and let’s make it so the slow and cast time still exists.
That seems fair. I mean, it’s now requiring actual work and not just waiting around for rez.

The reward of mass Rez was not bigger. The reward of Rez at all is still the same.
It’s requirements were not easier to pull off imo. It’s shifted and now has different requirements. Not inherently harder.

Mass Rez was broken because the rewards wee’re broken. The rewards are still broken, so current rez is therefore also broken.

1 Like