#ReworkMercy Idea that needs a balanced imput

thanks for the offer, but no

I have found nothing of value ever comes from certain sources

Thats not a good mindset at all…

I find it to be correct in my experience - some sources of information are good, and others, not so much

if that’s how you live life, I’m not your parent :bowing_man:

Personally, I would expect a good parent to be willing and able to help guide their children away from bad inputs and towards good ones

You realize how biased that kind of study is right? A survey from her followers (who share her opinions, which is why they follow her) and people who either feel passionately or dispassionately enough to participate in a survey about Mercy. It leaves out the real sample group, the average player, who doesn’t have a passionate opinion on Mercy, but has an opinion nevertheless.

That’s likely why @Megadodo doesn’t want to see the survey results. I’ve seen it, and even if it showed that most mercy mains don’t want a change, all that would indicate to me is that an overwhelming number of anti-mercy people voted in this survey to skew the results. If I saw an overwhelming amount of mercy mains do want a change, it leads me to the likely conclusion that the people who chose to participate in the survey are people who have a passionate view on mercy – mercy mains. A true sample would have have to be taken by Blizzard, but even then it would still be somewhat compromised by sampling bias (what I’ve described above, only people with very strong views participating when the real sample is the people who have opinions but don’t care enough to participate).

1 Like

:slight_smile:

And that’s where your assumption is incorrect. She doesn’t host the survey, she only retrieves information from it.

Resurrect outside of an ultimate will never be balanced. As well, the mechanics you are suggesting are a bit hard to understand written down. Maybe it would look better in action but for now they’re rather confusing and seem a bit too powerful.

As well the time it takes for her to begin regenerating health is a bit too long and would likely put her in a worse spot overall. Though I suppose with the other intricacies of this kit you’re suggesting it could possibly balance out.

Overall I think a simpler rework would suffice. Specifically one that made it so Rez on cooldown wasn’t a thing in any way. I mean, Rez on E is after all the reason they had to gut her in the first place.

I got something a little more simple.
Primary Fire - Staff
Secondary Fire - Pistol
Ability 1 - GA
Ability 2 - Toggle beam type from healing to boosting
Ultimate - Valkyrie (now gives you one rez charge)

I personally find a few issues with this change. I don’t mind the ability to amp an extra 10% while giving a small health regen, but the ammo clip and regen bother me.

Mercy’s release regen was at 3s and was buffed to 1s because Mercy was way too vulnerable and bad with it that high. Making it an extra second longer without Valk makes her even weaker than launch.

You’re giving Mercy’s pistol an extra 5 damage per shot, but reduced the clip in half for 5 damage. That’s REALLY bad because the only way Mercy can kill a target without dying is landing literally every shot. If she doesn’t, she has to reload and hope she isn’t dead by then.

Also, Mercy giving 160 consistent healing as a main support to multiple targets (even if chain beams are weakened) is A LOT for a consistent beam. Moira does 140 healing, but isn’t guaranteed to hit her target. Once Mercy locks on, she is guaranteed 160 at all times. This just increasingly outshines Moira and she really doesn’t need to be even more outshined.

There are a few fundamental issues with this rework idea, but it is a nice thought!!

I had fixed these changes because I see the difficulty with these changes skyrocket, more than intended

I currently removed it but as it says for her ultimate, ideas are always welcomed, normally considered, and also being thought of. I saw how broken that ultimate can be, especially in the eyes of professionals and intend on changing it soon

There was an interesting one on EeveeA’s stream that was a sort of “Kinder” ability where anybody within an aura cannot be dropped below 1 health for a set duration, acting as a “Mass Res”, but it would be up to the supports to stop the team from dying at that point. It would work REALLY well with trans.

So you would pop ult into a grav, have Zen wait until after the grav, when everybody is 1 health, you pop trans.

#HowAboutDon’tReworkMercy

1 Like

How about listen to the problems the community has with her

1 Like

Its a good idea, but I hate the idea of linking too many abilities with such a short character roster. We already have brig, lucio, and zen who both have an aoe ultimate set for allies. I’ve been thinking about a self buff to make whoever you heal immune to cc, or a burst cleanse to all cc in the area.

1 Like

How does she retrieve results from a study she never hosted? I’m honestly curious how you’re going to rationalize this.

1 Like

A different user made the survey, and posted the results on the forums. Check Titanium’s thesis thread for the full story and credentials.

The results were posted here. HOWEVER, it is still a heavily skewed survey.

1 Like

Here’s a link to the survey they’re talking about if your interested, it was made by Slyther0829