Rework Mercy 2.0

OK, lets break it down to Original Mercy and current Mercy.

Original Mercy:

1. Heals for 50hps (was Buffed to 60hps after Ana arrived)
  2. Fast Mobile healer (GA, an all that)
  3. Can Glide
  4. Rez Ultimate (Hero Moment) no invulnerability, so died a lot when pulling Rez even with it occurring at start of cast, no slow an instant cast time
  5. No “E” ability

Current Mercy after Rework then 15 Nerfs

1. Heals for 50hps (was Nerfed from 60hps when Ana Buffed)
  2. Fast Mobile healer (GA, an all that)
  3. Can Glide
  4. Bunny Hop (Originally a Glitch)
  5. Rez as “E” ability with 30 second cool-down, slowed 75% movement speed, 1.75 second cast time with Rez AFTER cast
  6. Valkyrie Ultimate, chain healing @ 60hps (buffed from 50 hps Nerf after 1 month), chain damage buff (same as normal DB but to several Heroes), Unlimited Ammo for pistol (weapon power Nerfed to normal ages ago), and actual FLIGHT (currently slower than Pharah flight after 2 Nerfs, -75% speed taking it to 25%, -50% speed taking it to 12.5% of original flight speed)

All and all, many Mercy players would prefer the Release Mercy even though Release Mercy is arguably weaker. There was no “E” ability, flight an everything else from Valkyrie, Bunny Hop glitch added to character (in past year only 2 buffs, this and 50 to 60 hps in Valkyrie), and you died a LOT attempting a 4-5 man Rez because there was so many counters to it. Why, because of the potential to make game changing decisions with an Ultimate that actually COULD change the game. Heck, for the past 2 years for Halloween’s junkenstein’s Revenge the Witch (Mercy) Rezes all the bad guys at once even though Mass Rez was removed from Mercy’s kit. An what do they do the 1st year that Symmetra changes, change The Summoner in Junkenstein’s Revenge. It’s almost like they know that Valkyrie is not Mercy’s Ultimate, Resurrect is.

It’s nice to see that most people think a re-work would be healthy for the game.

Personally I’d like mas res as an ult again.

2 Likes

As I see it, I dont think there is any valid data to support that most people feel this way

I can see that many folks feel this way, but there are also many folks who feel the opposite way, and I dont think it has been reasonably established which is the majority

That said, those supporting a Mercy rework may want to talk to a few folks who played Torb and/or Symm prior to their reworks - they may then find themselves in agreement with the old adage - “be careful what you wish for”

Arent we in like mercy 524.5 atm?

:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHjS8HUmEE

Random video on youtube from one simple google search.

Hide&Rez wasn’t a thing, so easy to counter-play. /s

I NEVER used it because I was always too busy keeping my team alive by HEALING. Strange concept, but many of us Supports felt it was bad to stop healing for any amount of time because it allowed teammates to die in the first place. As for the SR abuse from Rezing several people at once, funny how for a support it is abuse while killing several at once also grants more SR but it is not considered abusing the system.
Be that as it may, I only ever had 3 “Huge Rez” of 4-5 people. One of which I was coming back from Spawn and Rezed my whole team (5 man) and I missed that Tracer had her Ult ready an she blasted my team and me to oblivion (pre-Nerfed Tracer Pulse Bomb).

The correct quote was “I have Rez. IF you are gonna die, die on point.” Normally said from a Mercy coming back from Spawn. But whatever.

You can literally see the grav ending in the first clip.

2&3 start too fast.

4 is a lucky respawn

5 is a perfect example of a great use of resurrect. Using natural cover, actively participating, and making sure no one else will die after casting.

You’re literally hurting your argument by posting this

3 Likes

:rofl:

The lack of objectivity boggles my mind. Anyone can go and press Q, anyone. My 12 year old sister could do Hide&Rez.

Thank god, Mass Rez is gone.

You can show them actual video proofs of Hide&Rez and they would still reject it as “proper usage” :rofl: Cognitive dissonance at it’s finest.

I don’t believe you, but even if I did you are still one person. The reality is that the overwhelming majority did which is why Mass Rez is gone.

1 Like

You aren’t being too objectove either, mister.

“Any time Mercy rounds a corner, she’s hiding to rez”

You’re the mind-boggling one here.

2 Likes

Video proof isn’t objective enough for you? I’m out of this conversation. Even when presented with irrefutable evidence, you peeps are still denying it.

Have fun with the echo-chamber.

She wasnt hiding in any of those clips!

What the hell are you on about?

Would you want her to fly into the grav? Or take cover while healing her team so she can use her ultimate after it’s over?

I don’t understand people like you.

2 Likes

Actually that’s a telltale sign that she does need a rework. #reworkmercy

2 Likes

Funny that, I saw

1. repositioning Mercy
  2. Mercy coming out of spawn (2nd point Anubis) GAing over to team then pulling Rez
  3. Mercy getting out of way of Hanzo’s Ult then Rezing
  4. STILL HEALING till teammates all died then pulling Rez
  5. @ 2:00 and @ 2:32 Mercy “possibly” hiding while team dies, but since it starts with her behind a wall it is out of context so we don’t know what killed her team nor if she was healing then saw Ults incoming and got out of the way. Several others, including those 2 since they are out of context, Mercy was Repositioning so that she could pull Mass Rez.
  6. a LOT of behind wall Rezes, which most Reworks put in a Line Of Sight requirements, preventing behind the wall Rez in the first place. So that is a moot point.

Great video, it totally disproves your argument.

2 Likes

No it’s not. I don’t like how Torb functions. Does he need another rework? I don’t like how Orisa functions. Does she need a rework?

A telltale sign would be the internal data that blizzard has. The stuff that says “Hero X is almost never picked” “50% of the people that get reported for throwing are playing Hero X” “Hero X has a 30% winrate compared to similar comps that ran Hero Y instead”

Things that we can’t see.

just leave mercy alone, let her brew and grew, find her place in the universe

I am laughing so hard. A channel of mercy hating DPs even admit that a revert rework would be good for the game. I can’t stop laughing

2 Likes

what does DP mean in the context of your post?

The channel in the OP is run by DPs mains (that category outside of tanks and supports) and they hated Mercy cuz of the moth meta resurrects with a passion and even they admit that she currently only works in pairings with snipers cuz of damage boost and and that’s it and that mercys old rez can punish the careless ult stacking which this game lacks, something we have been saying ever since Valk 1.0

1 Like

Fairly sure Freedo (or whatever is name is) plays Lucio, and Eddie plays Ana.

And for the record, almost everyone, tanks and supports alike hated the moth meta.

Yea nobody asked us Symmetra mains whether we wanted Sym 2.0 to be reworked just like nobody asked us if we wanted Valk instead of mass rez. She was reworked because people hated playing against her autolock. The skill fetishists mostly and even then, Sym 3.0 has her moments to shine too, just not as much