Rework Ideas for symetra

Ive been reading alot of posts about sym and really love the idea of hard light, i think its the coolest thing ever, but with all things said her current kit doesn’t really reflect that, so allow me to share some ideas for new abilties, and please give ability ideas, feedback/changes, and remember no hate!

• Instant teleport
    Teleport is put on a short cooldown (6 to 8 seconds) and teleports only symetra a shorter distance and almost instantly, allowing for her to get closer without having to sacrifice her life and being more unpredictable than her nee teleporter witch takes like 2 seconds to build and by that point the enemy is ready for your attack

• capture
    Symetra would raise a cage like hard light material from the ground to trap enemies for a short amount of time, if they touched the bars the cage would dissapear and they would be stunned and damaged

• beam blast
    Sym would simply fire out a beam that dealt medium damage but with quite a long range, useful for getting escaping enemies or for finishing kills

So whay do you think about these, cuase i think they suck, but hey maybe youll like them and share your ideas and changes below, and also please blizzard, just get rid of her turrets, they are really holding her back

I’d just like her building small barriers fortnite style. Since in the lore she does exactly that.

It would be hard to balance, but it would give her in essence an unlimited skill ceiling.

And I love the turrets.

I like this more than the orbs. Make it charge up but travel really fast and suddenly she has viability long range.

This one is pretty good too. It could work the same way as a Junkrat Trap. Place a small oval material if stepped on would turn to a cage.

Sym just got two buffs to her damage. I would wait and see.

May be 5 months old but any changes that push her further from her identity of a shield and barrier support/shield tank i will scream bloody murder

Excuse you, but we don’t tolerate such vile language in my Minecraft server, you’ll have to leave.

I know about the charge speed increase, but what was the other one?

She got 2 changes that and now shes worse at damaging armor.

She deals 30% more damage against armor.

Beam weapons only lose 20% damage against armor, not 50% If under 10 damage per tick or 3 If they deal more than 10.

Sym never deals more than 10 per tick.
So she will deal more damage per tick.

She needs major changes, not rework. Example of those changes:

Photon beam:

• Balanced, imo
  • Ammo gain from barriers increased from 7 to 10 per second

Photon orb:

• Balanced, but maybe
  • If charged for 2.5 seconds, it pierces the barriers and explodes on contact with enemy heroes or environment only

Sentry turrets

• Projectile speed increased from 15 to 20-25 meters per second
  • Beam range increase from 15 to 20
  • Beam DPS increased from 50 to 55 or:
  • Beam DPS has 2 levels with 1.3-1.5 second ramp up: 35 and 60
  • Deployment duration reduced from 1 to 0.8-0.75 seconds
  • Enemy is revealed if targeted by sentry for more than 1 second. Effect duration is 1.5 seconds and refreshes when hit by sentry (that revealed him or any other sentry)
  • Sentry ammo increased from 3 to 4
  • Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds

Teleporter:

• Entrance now spawns directly under symmetra instead of in front of her
  • Deployment time reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds
  • Activation range increased by 1 meter
  • Range increased from 25 to 30 meters

and maybe new ability to spice up things:
Shield generator - can be placed instead of teleporter, like her previous ult
Provides extra recoverable shields to all targets in Line of Sight. Shield gen range can be seen by allies as blue (shield hp color) outline, similar to lucio song range or brigitte rally range.
Stats:

• Hit points: 50 health 250 shields
  • Casting time: 0.8 seconds
  • Deploy time: 1.5 seconds
  • Range (shields): 15 meters
  • Shield amount: 50 or 75
  • Duration: 10 seconds
  • Cooldown: 12 seconds

This has already been confirmed incorrect. According to info from devs, this change reduces her damage against armour by 24 DPS.

2 Likes

According to devs she deals 20% less damage against armor, which doesn’t stack with the current 50% or -3 damage.

If she deals 195 damage in 20 ticks, then she deals 9,75 damage per tick.

Armor takes away 3 damage from anything that deals more than 10, and 50% from things that deal less.

50% of 9.75 = 4.875
9.75 - 4.875 = 4.875

If she deals 20% less damage instead that is
20% of 9.75 = 1.95
9.75 - 1.95 = 7.8

If they round her damage up to 10, then armor takes away 3 damage.
10 - 3 = 7

20% of 10 = 2
So she would deal more damage then as well.

The devs have stated that Sym now deals less damage against armour at full charge. I don’t know why you’re trying to state otherwise.

1 Like

cause he has a vendetta against Sym and her mains.

1 Like

Because either the devs are wrong in their statement about how much damage beams will do against armor, or they are wrong about her current damge.

If the statement about her dealing less damage after this is true, then she would need to deal 12 damage per tick currently.
Or more.

You have to be kidding me. You think the devs, of all people, have got the calculations wrong.

I don’t think they have.

But i think their statements are wrong.

If symmetra deals damage in ticks, then armor currently reduces either 50% or 3 damage per tick.
That is fact.

If she deals 180 as they previously stated, or 195 as currently stated, doesn’t matter.

If her damage is dealt in 20 ticks a second, then armor affects 20 attacks.

If the damage is less than 10 armor will remove 50% of it.

If the damage is more than 10, armor will remove 3 damage from it.

So.
Either symmetra doesn’t deal damage in 20 ticks.
Or she deals more than 12 damage per tick.
Or she deals more damage after this change.

There is no possibility all of them are right.
It’s impossible.

20% can not be more than 50%.
So it’s impossible for her to deal less than 10 damage per tick.

2 is less than 3.
So it’s impossible for her to deal 10 damage.

2.2 is less than 3.
So it’s impossible for her to deal 11 damage.

2,4 - 2,6 - 2,8 - 3.0
All are less than or equal of 3.
So it’s impossible for her to deal 12, 13, 14 or 15 damage.

IF SHE IS SUPPOSED TO DEAL LESS DAMGE AFTER THE CHANGE.

If she is supposed to deal less damage then her current damage - 3 must be more than her current damage - 20%.

I think you should ask a dev by creating a topic to clarify your confusion!

I have been fooled for 8 months not knowing that her weapon was actually the original 65/120/195 but accoring to the “devs” they had an error on their patch note by typo of 60/120/180 but its hard for me to believe their reasoning behind it.

To have that error for so long when people are crying about her damage lower than zarya’s 190 dps max and other symm’s damage buff thread! How can they miss it? Like seriously?

So from now on i dont take their word seriously.

2 Likes

Their statement was that at full charge, Sym will deal less damage against armour. If their statement is wrong, then their calculations must be wrong.

This is true, and has been true for a while now.