Reward players for individual skill

I think there should be a system that gives you something if you do well in a game like the game already keeps track of your stats like uptime,saves,ability kills and other stuff we have all had a game where we ourselves are doing great but the team isn’t playing well also this could help against leavers because as long as your doing fine rather than a win/lose you get something out of it either SR (way less than if you would have won)or some credits and it’s an incentive to do well even when your losing bad I see to often (especially in push) when it looks hopeless everyone kinda just gives up and winnable game becomes un winnable

As nice as it would be, I don’t trust Blizzard to know what skill looks like.

4 Likes

Blizzard has already stated they are not sure what metrics are meaningful and what isn’t. You have to break it down by role by hero by map by enemy composition by Rank. Then decided what you think that hero should be doing overall in a match. If they want to go by wins/losses we don’t even need MMR, just a ladder number. Fight the closest number… Win go up. Lose go down…

1 Like

Nah they are actually punishing good players.

“Oh you’re a good healer? Here’s a brain dead tank so the average skill level on both teams appear to be the same. All is well with the world. Fair and square in our books. Enjoy.”

1 Like

your heroes portrait used to flame up when you were on fire(doing well in a match ) a nice visual to give an indication during the match , painted a giant target on your back but was nice .

maybe using that as an indicator for a small reward additional on fire xp maybe ?

That’s really the only reasonable conclusion.

1 Like

On fire is coming back. The devs in the last week said they want to bring back on fire ( which is why every hero, including Ramata, says I’m on fire sill. ) The thing was not every hero could easily go on fire, like Mercy, because the metric to cause it isn’t used by every hero. I think they are adjusting it to fit all situations.

What I meant by this is they should give players that do their part or do extremely well something extra so it’s an incentive to keep playing even when it’s kinda hopeless I know it’s a team base game but sometimes you get into a game and your teammates are playing like bots but in comparison you yourself are doing great. It would be hard to implement into the game because it needs to be in a way where you can’t just farm damage off the tanks I’ll use junkrat as an example it would use your data like direct primary fire hits, kill assist with trap,air time?,and other things that actually take some brainpower to pull off and this would have to be done for each hero and the reward can be a tiny bit of SR , credits or a small amount of the golden weapon credits but knowing blizzard it’s too much work for them