Revert Sombra's Invis, Speed, & Health Pack Ult Charge

Sombra Main 160+ hrs, only trying to help.

1. Return her Invisibility cooldown to normal.

• Her Invisible Contest is a key strategy used to pull the enemy team away from the choke when attacking (like Hanamura/Anubis), if she has to be visible then she’s likely to be shot on sight significantly cutting the time gained on the point. Less time contesting means more time waiting on cooldowns and being away from your team.

• A better buff would be adding 3 to 5 seconds to the invisibility timer imo.

1. Slow speed + Stealth casting and exit delay = less survivability.
  • Going invisible to escape is already unreliable considering her Casting Glow and her speed needing to ramp to stand a chance of avoiding detection, if you keep her slower speed this will make her location more predictable and an easier target. Plus it takes away key strategic locations only accessible with her speed.
  • Revert speed back to +75
  1. Revert Ultimate Charge From Hacked Health Pack Nerf
  • Imo this never should have been changed considering every character that can heal themselves and or others gain ult charge from that ability except Sombra. Hacking a health pack vs an enemy is a big decision, when you consider the fact that everyone else can heal on site compared to the danger with Sombra’s healing by location, the risk reward alone for Sombra and her teammates warrants her to have this back. (Maybe with a 50%+ charge reduction)
  • Given the amount of shields and barriers that teams run with this would increase her viability since it counters those heroes well. They wont be able to pile up in one place all the time for so long without a possible consequence. Add in the fact that Symmetra no longer shoots through barriers and returning the health pack ult charge would be a great change.
  1. Translocator Timer Revert

*This is simple, if we are regaining the speed I don’t mind giving up the infinite translocator. Add a couple seconds to it if you want but Sombra players already know hot to play well with the timer, it was never really an issue. The ability for it to be destroyed should stay.

Tl;Dr

1. Revert permanent invisibility change (maybe add 3 to 5 seconds extra to live)
  2. Revert speed change back to +75
  3. Revert hacked health pack ultimate charge (All other characters capable of healing gain ult charge except Sombra. Also the current meta + risk reward warrants this change)
  4. Revert translocator timer from infinite to 15 seconds (maybe add 3 to 5 seconds to live)
3 Likes

I dont want to go back to being an EMP bot.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Why would you ever want to become an EMP bot ?

1 Like

Honestly at this point I’d rather be that than whatever gameplay devs are thinking about.

Honestly that comparison is a misnomer. Every hero in this game is in some part defined by their ultimate ability, but it doesn’t make them who they are. You don’t have to only hack health packs, do damage/take damage and heal to charge, she’s not confined by this playstyle. But if you’re going to generalize…

Hanzo = Dragon Bot
Zarya = Graviton Bot
Moira = Coalecense Bot
D.Va = D.Va Bomb Bot
75 = Tac Visor Bot
Etc.

The generalization of a characters kit isn’t the definitive description, to believe that is short sighted. Utilize the hero’s kit to the best of your ability.

Why exactly?

Why should we be forced to choose between the lesser of 2 evils?

I’m not saying we should.
I’m saying blizz balancing devs have no idea of what they’re doing.

The only thing they’re forcing me to is to finally uninstall and get away from this mess of a balance team

Lesser of two Evils? You act as if players still can’t get her Emp quickly enough right now. From damage farming alone on a character like a Roadhog you can get her EMP quickly, so by that qualification she’s still an EMP bot. right now.

There needs to be a reward to the risk of hacking health packs for healing since it’s arguably the most difficult method of getting it. Even if it’s 50% less of a charge before I’d be fine with that, but no charge at all is ridiculous.

Honestly with the current state of Sombra, I am starting to think the EMP bot was a better version

1 Like

Defensively speaking, yes. While her hack was difficult the threat of her EMP was very helpful. I could lockdown Point B of Volskya almost every time, stopping snowballs etc. This ability wasn’t taken advantage of by a lot of teams for some reason until they saw APEX teams utilize her.

I dont think they would do 3. She usually had too much ults other teams couldnt counter even with support ults.

As you know Sombra used to be picked simply for the reason that she could get EMP for every teamfight. Her overall kit was garbage, but was counteracted by the fact that you got an Ult advantage against the enemy team when your team farms it for you.

It promotes skilless plays where you get rewarded for being damaged, while not really doing anything and passively winning the Ult charge race.

This playstyle of course only worked on 2CP and only in pro play, but still didnt make her an overall viable and acceptable pick in ranked.
If you make her viable by bringing that back, she goes back to being just that and doesnt help Sombra mains on the ladder very much.

We want to be able to make plays and not just press Q.

EMP is the last thing a team needs right now. If we had tank meta, sure thing. We do not have it, however. Do you want Sombra to be tied to something is hardly needed now ? Of course they will ask them to switch. Even healers are being asked to switch.

Agree with 1, 2, and 4. No need for #3. Just put her back to how she was a week ago and fix her bugs.

I’m open for a 50% ult charge reduction if they would do it, but there has to be some reward for providing healing with such a risk reward.

Then make plays, nothing is/was stopping you. Ult charge farming was only One way of playing Sombra, you could have easily attacked with your team as she’s pushed to do now, focus on hacking enemies, backline, etc.

But you forget that her Translocator bug that made her take damage after she tl’d out Was Not Fixed For Months. So Sombra players had to put our Translocator on health packs just to survive. We didn’t want to, we needed to. Not until they finally fixed it and increased her Translocator timer could we do more things without fear of issues.

I’m assuming this applies for 76, Mei, Roadhog, Ana, Lucio, Moira, etc? Should we revert their ult charge from healing as well?

Maybe for you, but for me and others her kit worked on every map, sure some were more favorable and her kit was yet to be fixed but she was viable on virtually every map.

I’ve stated before, I would be open to a 50% ult charge reduction from health packs or more, but there needs to be some reward for providing healing this way. (i’ll put this in my OP)

The benefit of hacking health packs is that they recharge quickly for your team and the enemy cannot use them. No need for ult charge on top of that.

Lol Like Rein + Zarya + Brigitte combo isn’t a thing? Heck I faced more Rein + Orias + Brigitte comps today than I ever have. A starting point of 3400-4300 barriers to break through combined with close proximity teamplay for constant healing is dying for more EMP’s. Especially since Sym can’t shoot through them anymore.

The charge is dictated by the pack size, there have been plenty of times where there are more than one hero at a pack waiting for it to pop back up, meaning they’re out of position and vulnerable to enemy attack, other the healing was not sufficient enough.

They don’t stay up forever and are difficult to manage when there are other targets to attempt to hack.

It’s a good source of healing but not at all the best way to get it compared to all the other heroes that heal on site, Sombra heals by location and map layout.

Those disadvantages means hacked health packs are a lesser option than other healing methods and warrant for her to receive some kind of ult charge for this, even if at a reduced amount.