Revert Mercy healing nerf, remove rez

Mercy’s healing wasn’t the problem, trying to fit an ultimate into a 30 second cooldown ability was. Without rez she’ll be a consistent highly mobile support with a powerful damage boost and a strong sustain ult. She will still be viable on a lot of mobility focused maps within almost every team comp, and be a good place for less mechanically skilled new players to get a feel of the game.

5 Likes

Yes please, remove rez and let her be really good at healing.

5 Likes

Suggesting the removal of Res? oh the Mercy mains going to flag you.
But yes Res needs removed all together.
Make her excellent at healing.

Buff Ana so she takes over in more situations the higher in ranks you get (not making Mercy useless, just Ana the preferred pick in more situations)

2 Likes

People already call her boring. Removing rez will make it only worse.
Moreover, rez is balanced. 1.75 second statue mode gives more then enough time for counterplay.

1 Like

I’m a former Mercy main. I stopped playing the game because Mercy got boring. Mercy got boring because in the process of trying to balance rez they took away a lot of her choices and decision making. If Mercy didn’t have rez she would be more fun to play again…

I don’t know how in 2018 people are still complaining about resurrect. Every one in the game can kill anyone else, even 4, 5, or 6 people with their kit, so how is a single hero unkilling a single other person OP? It’s not, especially considering its not a single button press and done, you are frozen in place for 2 sec and have to maintain melee range or it cancels all while being shot at

I do wish theyd bring 1.0 rez back as her ult…it was a lot more fun than valkyrie currently

8 Likes

How about we keep the healing nerf, because she still is the best healer in the game, and we get rid of Rez completely? Sounds better to me, ability doesn’t belong in this game period, tons of people and pros have been saying it since launch.

Yeah, because Widowmaker isn’t only played to make the fight 5 v 6 Naaaaaah.

1 Like

Agreed revert back to 60HPS healing - 50HPS is horrible.

Then switch Valkarie to std ability and Rez to ultimate.

Rebalance as appropriate.

Job done.

1 Like

Oh yeah, because we want to be EVEN MORE of a healing bot. No way, if they ever remove rez (which would be just sad, to think they’d ignore so much feedback and outright remove it), they would need Mercy to have something just as impactful and fun to replace it. Mercy is already boring af with valk (gag) as an ultimate, we do not need her to be even more stale.

2 Likes

Removing rez won’t be horrendous. It’ll probably be overall positive for mercy players and non-mercy players. You could replace it with something less controversial if need be, but how are y’all gonna say “she’s the pure healer she needs to heal the most” (it’s moira) then complain about being… A nearly pure healer

One of the reasons mercy mains give is because of rez on E so…

1 Like

As someone who mainly picks Mercy in the support line-up(and my second most played overall), I agree… I too wish they would just remove Rez and make her healing back to 60 HPS and give her another E.

obviously we’d expect something to replace it, not just remove it then leave her with nothing. But seriously, look at what they’re doing to her in order to keep rez. It’s parasitic.

I mean, they could admit their mistake and bring back rez as an ultimate. I’ve read many, many unique ideas that include rez in her kit, but they refuse to test any of them. What makes you think they can make anything unique when they’re trying so hard to keep this boring iteration of Mercy?

2 Likes

because at this point our expectations can’t fall any lower? :rofl:

Blizz stated that rez will always be part of her kit. We’d like the removal idea to be removed, thanks.

P.S.: Valk is the worst design ever, it was removed for good during game’s development and it must be removed or placed as a toned down E ability. Rez must be an ult again, as it’s that yet, even being an E ability.

P.S.S.: Blizz already said that they don’t want valk being used for the rez, so making rez usable only durign valk is out of the table.

Mass Res was also bad design and removed for the games health (comments of developers not me)
So what?

Also let me use a popular argument you lot like against you.

Developers said they will never implement death match - They did
Developers said they will not revert mass res - maybe they will!? never say never…they have gone back on what they said before…
“Kaplan: “I think it would be unfortunate if we got to that place, where we just gave up on the ability” Maybe they will go back on this…they have before :slight_smile:

1 Like

GamesBeat: “Resurrecting a dead ally is such a strong ability. Have you ever thought about just getting rid of it?”

Kaplan: “I think it would be unfortunate if we got to that place, where we just gave up on the ability. I do think it’s really cool. It feels great to be resurrected. It’s such a play style change.”

Taken from this interview -> h ttps://venturebeat.com/2017/11/03/overwatch-lead-jeff-kaplan-on-moira-mercys-troubles-and-fixing-toxicity/

It wont always stay because people tend to change their mind.

Remember when they told us that EVERYTHING in this game was earnable through loot boxes? no microtransactions outside of it? two words, Overwatch League.

Agreed. Bring back mass rez!

1 Like