Revert Hanzo’s arrow speed

A.) The evidence says otherwise.

B.) You committing logical fallacies, including ad hominems does not change this fact.

C.) If it didn’t take skill to pick up hanzo and out perform other Heroes, the server metrics would support this, as people would be doing just that. They don’t, and people aren’t. So again, you are objectively incorrect.

D.) Again, he his high skill floor, and stating that he is somehow low skill floor, high skill ceiling is the same as you contradicting yourself. If he was, somehow, low skill floor high skill ceiling. His performance statistics would be better than D.VA and Zarya in higher elo, as in he would at the very least rocking a 4.5+ K/D. etc. He is not.

So you can attempt that proof by assertion all you want. You can spam logical fallacies all you want. You are only proving just how wrong you are without me even needing to lift a finger.

Hanzo is high skill floor, high skill cap. Skill is relative to performance. Pick rate is not performance. Pick rate is relative to play time. His performance averages, show him by definition as High skill floor+cap.

4 Likes

Do you even know wtf you are talking about?
DF has high floor but low ceiling, Tracer has high floor and high ceiling, Hanzo has low floor, he is easy to start performing as.

And no, he should not have both “aim assist” aka cracra hitbox and high shot damage and faster projectiles. He always had absurd damage and hitbox to compensate the travel speed. Now his shots have almost no dowside on top of having the highest damage per shot in the game.

2 Likes

He is low skill floor.

You didn’t address the point about Tracer so I’ll repeat it again.

Tracer had a huge pickrate at the top of the ladder. Why? High skill ceiling. But that pickrate declined at a massive rate as you went down the ladder? Why’s that you ask? High skill floor she’s hard get anything out of unless you’re good with her

Hanzo has a high pickrate throughout the entire ladder. Meaning even players in Bronze-Gold are getting results with him, otherwise they wouldn’t be playing him now would they? How else can you explain his skyrocketing pickrate across every single ELO??

I’ll tell you how…

Low skill floor.

People wouldn’t be playing him in Bronze-gold if he had a high skill floor. Just like they didn’t play Tracer unless you can explain to me why they’re picking Hanzo but they never picked Tracer??? And “He’s new” isn’t a valid response.

I’ll wait :wink:

4 Likes

Technically not the fastest projectiles, but they are the fastest projectiles that deal damage, only slower than Zenyatta’s Shift and E, and above Mei’s Icicle by 11.12 m/s.

You don’t know anything about low tier comp then because people there play nothing but dps heroes they have fun with not that they’re good at you are clearly in the wrong

2 Likes

They’re smallest not second smallest

4 Likes

Clearly I do as the evidence supports what I am saying.

A.) High floor, low ceiling is an impossible combination. Clearly you are attempting to use terminology of which you do not understand. Just like Edsoulman. DF is high floor, high ceiling, but he is also objectively underpowered. Balance, Overpowered, Underpowered are determined by performance in relation to things like intended role, and skill floor+ceiling.
For example, If DF was somehow low skill ceiling, there wouldn’t be a single DF main in the top ranks. In addition to that, his performance averages in the high ranks would show abysmal performance.

So you are both factually wrong.

B.) Hanzo is high skill floor, high skill ceiling. The evidence, ergo the performance metrics confirm this.

You both can repeat “1+1=4” all you want, 100 times… 500 times… it will still be incorrect.

3 Likes

So why weren’t they ever playing Tracer?

That can be damage boosted as well though

Pick rate has nothing to do with performance. Skill floor and ceiling are relative to performance.

An analogy:

I need to find the strongest pencil. I lay out 100 different pencils, each in sets of 20 by brand. Just because I pick up a lot from 1 brand does it have any relation to how strong it is? No.
When I try and see how much pressure it takes for the pencil from each brand to snap, is how strength is determined.

but you know… keep using terminology you don’t understand.

3 Likes

It’s amusing that people say it’s almost hitscan

5 Likes

You fail to answer the simplest of questions, yet you dance around the point so eloquently. But here is the question again.

why weren’t they playing Tracer?

This was already answered. Just because you don’t like the answer and were refuted, does not mean it wasn’t answered.

As usual, all you can do is proof by assertion.

2 Likes

People play tracer just not as much as Hanzo because she isn’t as fun Hanzo is same with the rest of DPS which is why there’s a ton of DPS 6 stacks in bronze everyone wants to have fun in comp there not play serious heroes

1 Like

The analogy want all that great of an answer but what this guy fails to realize people don’t play her that much in lower ranks because she isn’t as fun

1 Like

What he really fails to understand is that Pick rate and Win rate are skewed…inaccurate and therefore meaningless and have nothing to do with Balance, Overpowered/Underpowered, Skill floor/cap.

This is typical as it is hard to find users on these forums with even basic statistical knowledge.

3 Likes

They could either revert the arrow speed OR reduce the hurtbox to compensate for this new increased speed.

2 Likes

1.) there is no evidence to suggest he needs any changes.

2.) Reducing Hanzo’s “hurtbox” (aka hitbox) would be a buff to him as it would make him harder to hit. This is what happens when people use incorrect terminology, or terminology they don’t understand.

1 Like

McCree and Hanzo are there for different reasons.
If McCree is still failing to do Hanzo’s job but Hanzo is doing McCree’s job better than McCree then of course this hero is broken.
That’s the main argument not that “I want McCree to be picked over Hanzo all the time”

2 Likes

I meant the arrow hurtbox not hanzo’s