Respawn penalties apply to the WRONG TEAM

Hello there,

I’m the author of this reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/crmrxi/bug_dynamic_respawn_timers_dont_work/
All the information you need about the bug is in here, with a video.

There’s currently a bug where, apparently, the defender’s respawn penalty is actually applied to the attackers instead, where attackers take 15 seconds to respawn, and defenders never suffering this penalty.

2CP is now impossible, pls fix ASAP

21 Likes

Thanks for posting this Ziegler, also appreciate the very clear video showing the problem. We’ll get this fixed.

18 Likes

I knew I was feeling a longer respawn in 2CP. I thought I was crazy and ended up being true. Thanks ziegler for video and hope they fix it.

1 Like

Happened to me last night on xbox

I feel like respawns should just be completely disabled for both teams during overtime. Too much zerging. You shouldn’t be able to switch to Tracer on attack and get back to point after dying during overtime.

2 Likes

Ah that’s why i rareley win 2CP

What about on payload maps, after first 2 rounds? attackers can win 1 fight and ride the cart all the way to the end

I’m not a computer dude. Can someone offer some insight to how this might’ve happened? They did tons of rework for the 222 rolelock, and tons of balance changes for the heroes. But how did this leech into the respawn timer? Thanks.

I mostly meant for 2cp, it definitely wouldn’t work in every gamemode.