Respawn held while someone on objective

To promote more team battles? Thoughts?

You are attacking on Anubis. Now, all your team has to do is kill one person. This person will not respawn until your team won the team fight.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the situation. If only one person left, THEIR team won’t respawn.

The way I understood you is that you are saying that as long as one person is on the objective, respawns are stopped until all respawn together, right?

In this case, the enemy team would just have to kill one person off your team and they wouldn’t respawn until the team fight is over with the remaining 5 people on the objective:

2 Likes

Well I think specificity would help here.

Enemy team has 1
Your team has 5?

If they are defending that one guy remaining is holding up his team. But they could always get off or stay on? Depends on their circumstances.

Well for a 5v1 the implication is that your team won the team fight. The 6th man is not needed you won the fight already.

I agree this one rule would have so many secondary rules that would need to be looked at. But the initial thought is to stop trickling.

not needed and inflammatory!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Definitely love the personal attack. And they say… toxicity is dead. (Or at least cause by me)

And it’s not universal respawn, it’s per team. Or maybe universal? Maybe that’s another thought.

1 Like

Trickling is important sometimes. Mastering when to make use of that method and when not to distinguishes a good player from a bad player.

Having this method systematically denied would have serious negative implications on game play.

Yes, of course per team.

Um…

I mean I am pretty sure you are trying to instigate these reactions with your suggestions.

2 Likes

Throwing some darts on a board on Saturday night and you think I was looking for a personal attack by asking thought provoking yestuins.

1 Like

Not even true. I played when I could and I did a lot of things yesterday.

What an inflammatory comment.

You only did that cause you thought I flagged his post - which I didn’t. I just poked some fun cause it shows how white knights seem to gravitate to inflammatory, and now two knights on a harmless thread chose personal attacks.

1 Like

Your “understanding” of the game really shows with the pointless suggestions, just for the sake of making the game feel different.

I haven’t seen anybody other than the famous group agree with your suggestions

1 Like

Personal attack off the bat. Inflammatory!!!

Again just wondering - like what if. Perhaps there are situations I didn’t think about. Note I am not making a suggestion, I specifically asked for thoughts.

Also it’s not a popularity contest. People “from my group” - I don’t coordinate with anybody on a forum. No Russian troll farm on my end. No coordinator(s) demands replies or make fun of people from me.

1 Like

the only thought it provokes is ‘what are you smoking?’.

3 Likes

Really? Maybe this is high elo ego. I’m looking for ways to make it more round based to combat trickling, I know sometimes it has a purpose like stop the cap, other times it just trickles out the whole round and nothing is accomplished.

1 Like

thats a community issue, not a game issue. stop trying to spoon feed the playerbase.

2 Likes

My apologies!!! Silly me for trying to raise the distribution curve. Lol for trying to close the gap of skill divide.

Is this where we’re at? If people can’t figure it out it’s on them? Is this an idea equivalent to knowledge food stamps for the less knowledgeable?

1 Like

just make the respawns slower according to the percentage capped… maybe…

1 Like

the whole point of a competitive game is the skill divide dude. like literally the entire purpose.

yes. thats exactly where we are at and exactly where we should be at.

yeah man, you got me. people refusing to learn is the same as people not being fed.

3 Likes

I also say that when we are losing point =]

1 Like

Possible changes?

For all SR ranges,
Every map is attacker sided.
Team without a good attack WM is going to lose.
Probably a meta shift to kill off deathball.

Low SR changes,
Players are happy that team fights are now forced.
Players are unhappy that they can’t play the game the way they want to.
Players are unhappy that they are spending 90% of the time just idle in the spawn room.
Trolls/smurfs literally spend the whole game just sitting on the point with the one other enemy on the point so the other 5 players legit can’t play the game.
Low ELO players literally spend the whole game unable to kill the Lucio just wall riding around so that the other 5 players legit can’t play the game.

I’d say the audience you’re hoping to target are going to be the most vocal when it comes to the change.

2 Likes

All good points.

What if - control points don’t score unless it’s uncontested?

This is not in conjunction or could be?

1 Like