Reset MMR, please

Gm won’t stay there for long and if they do, they’d smurf anyway so it doesn’t change anything. People complain about anything at least we’d have something to look forward to every season instead of this one endless season.

That’s a good example a reset would be something great for ambitious players and that’s what comp is all about or at least should be. Seriously is the game any fun anymore? Or should I ask is climbing the ladder fun anymore?

Its not bacause way too many people dont care, and half of people who care is toxic or constantly frustrated.

Game is still fun to play, but community is bad.

I don’t maybe it’s just me getting bored and ranting. I like the game but I simply don’t have any goal in the game anymore, I just login sometimes to waste time.

The thing is, i am still able to find very nice, positive and friendly people in games occasionaly, so these moments counts.

I already finished my life time OW goal, reach diamond on every role :wink:

I was thinking about my next purpose. It will be just playing mostly for fun with friends and hero achievement hunt. And self improvement. But not climbing marathon :slight_smile: all above in comp, as i dont like qp.

Yeah they do exist but like you said there is something wrong with the community. I enjoy communicating with people as much as playing the game and I think that’s the point of multi-player games.

Yeah same here, reached diamond every role and one tricking some of my favorite heroes including zen which was the trickiest one. I never even tried to climb after that.

1 Like

If you want the MMR values to be reset, you would have to describe here “briefly” how the MMR values are calculated in the first place.

Once you have understood this, you will no longer demand MMR resets.

I think there wouldn’t need to be mmr at all if sr resets every season.

1 Like

Definitely agree but only if they make the seasons longer again. They are way to short now (which is one of the reasons why I feel we have lots of leavers) but maybe having 5 or so month seasons, then definitely reset the MMR. Since Blizzard only cares about their OWL, then if they look at pro sports, all the players stats reset at the beginning of each new season so why not here?

To me there are three reasons maybe there is more that I can’t think of.

1. Wants a reset because that person can’t climb and blames the system.
  2. Wants to play in a lower rank without buying a smurf.
  3. Wants others to play in a lower rank or should I say ‘deserved’ rank with how they play.

So in my opinion…

1. is valid because it is almost proven that 4 out of 5 times fresh accounts will get you higher than your main. A buddy who
    I play with weekly in a team stayed for 2 or 3 seasons in Diamond with his smurf yet was never able to touch Diamond with his main thus forgetting the account. From the same team our Support player is Gold with DPS and we know he belongs there yet with a smurf he managed to surpass us and get 3580 as DPS higher than 3.3k his main role rating lol.
    So yeah I think being hardstuck is a thing thanks to Blizzards MM and not wanting to start over again is valid to me.

2. We know those friends who are either way higher than you or way lower and want to play with you. But you can’t do that for a good reason. So there is only one way buy a smurf and ruin games for 6 people so you and your friend can have fun. This is scummy but I think we’ve been all there.

3. Is also a ****-move buuuut if you know that reason 1) is a thing is understandable. I would never group with my support player on his dps role because I know I would lose the next 10 games no joke. Sadly there are many misplaced players not even considering smurfs.

for who? All I see are “dead game” threads and “queue takes forever” threads

For everyone who is still playing OW :smiley:

1 Like

Did you not see what happened the day (s18?) came out? Some of the OWL pros went 5 0 and were gold. Win games and only gain 2sr

For a person in the scenario you described, their MMR for the role they aren’t as good with will crater very quickly. It may be a little wonky this first season, but that stuff should even out in fairly short order.

1 Like

i have a gold stuck account, a diamond account, a plat account, and a silver account. All placed with different win/loss ratios, guess what, all placed around the same sr of their respective areas

That’s what you see on the forum for every game. It doesn’t mean anything. Seriously, think of the best most vibrant and alive online multiplayer game you know of, go to their forums right now, you’ll see a whole bunch of posts about the game being dead and I quit and the devs are idiots, etc etc etc.

People on forums LOVE to complain. It’s practically all they do no matter how good the game is. If you judge games by their forum complainers than there has never been a good online multiplayer game ever made and every one of them exists in a permanent state of “dying” or “dead” from about a month after their launch on indefinitely.

1 Like

Oh, this kinda blew up and made some people madzo.
Let me just say, many games do a full reset, many blizzard games too.
Take into account Arena mode in WoW, they start a new season, and the grind begins again.
It levels the playing field for all.
Those of you saying I’m a low ranked player, obviously didn’t read the post.
All I’m trying to say, is the MMR is a mess, not for main role, but for off roles.
Why not build a system that takes into account your 2 other off roles vs your main role, and completely resets MMR for off roles?
There is -123121234 reasons that I should be playing a high masters DPS as a support main.
Reset MMR for off roles, and that would give more leeway to those that are trying to learn off roles.
Instead of throwing 40+ games to end up where they belong.
It’s a simple fix theoretically, I understand that the system would be hard to build by the dev team, but with a system like that in place, it would balance the game completely.
The devs have done a great job with listening to the community as of recent, but an MMR reset, or something like that, is something we’ve been asking for, for a while.
For reference, when Role Queue dropped, the devs stated that it takes into account all of your seasons on all roles, this is false information, I never touched DPS or tank on my main account, therefore I should have placed at least plat, (kind of like how low diamond is the highest a new account can place) which would immediately make it as if your off role is starting from scratch.
This is something they said would be a feature of role queue if you listened to the announcement, it failed to work on PTR, people pointed it out, and it was never fixed.
I honestly think the system is bugged, and that’s why this is happening.
Reset MMR for OFF ROLES or at least actually take into account your performance on off roles, and see where it goes from there.

I would be fine with an mmr reset. I am bronze/silver and would be anyway with a reset so it makes no difference to me. What I do hate is that I don’t have a fresh start each season. I am going to be bronze/silver but right now I am with every little learning error curve I have made since I bought this game in season 3.

you can also give the option at the start of each season to reset it or keep it. This allows those who want it reset to do so and those who want to stay where they are do so. make it optional, I would reset it for giggles knowing I would likely remain in silver at most.

everyone talking about MMR, please explain to me what MMR really consists of. Each single value, how it is calculated and how time and other player data sets affect it. It’s pretty stupid to ask for a reset when you don’t know what it’s about.

please explain.