Reset MMR, please

:man_facepalming:

/20facepalms

What? Why do you have problem to accept that? Just remember what they did to us with role q beta season. They talked about it like it will not count at all and suddendly like week or two before the end, they said they will actualy use our mmr from it.

This is what they said btw :slight_smile:

"Hey everyone, when Season 18 went live matchmaking values from prior seasons weren’t being respected. We’re extending the Role Queue Beta Season while we work on a fix for this bug, we expect to be ready for Season 18 early next week."

They talk about it as a bug , but just read the explenation of bug, what it means. They didnt use previous mmr, that was so called bug. So it was reseted basicly.

In the end its better to say “its a bug” instead of “we f***** up”.

Didn’t they reset MMR with 222 in season 18…it was pure chaos

Its what we talked about yes. It really doesnt matter if we call it mistake or bug, result was that accounts didnt have MMR formed. So they had to lock comp and do new start of the season.

And we’re still dealing with that soft mmr reset

YEP! Just like i do on my 3rd account. Just like i have on multiple accounts for the majority of this game’s life.

It’s the idiotic system tossing throwers, smurfs, everything my way, just to force an even match.

Reset MMR. It’s FAR more F’d than you think it is.

Yeah exactly lol, if you will try to place older acc where you didnt play comp several season, it will act as soft reset, meaning gaining or losing a lot for every win or loss in and after placement.

If we reset MMR every season people would just stop playing this game.
I’m not seeing myself doing the exact Plat to GM every season without getting bored or annoyed.

2 Likes

They didn’t reset MMR at all. It was a bug that didn’t take MMR into account.

Why buy ow 2 if you then link your account just to have anchor stats screwing you once more, or even if not your mmr and sr being applied in a way that is hidden from you? Im so for anything you presented here, kissed the game goodbye also until this happens. Love the heroes and mechanics of this game since day one but despise anything around its matchmaking for comp right now and the way the top 20% cant even coordinate in the slightest way, while ppl pretend thats how it should be. The show that is presented in Diamond got nothing to do with a higher understanding of the game right now, there are plat games far more coordinated and enjoyable because there ppl at least dont think they are the hot fuzz and concentrate on playing for the most part. How can it be that a diamond game doesnt use the team chat in any way like 80% of the time nowadays even if you join and start to talk constructive. One guy said to me its expected that low diamond doesnt coordinate or communicate, a year ago it was said that Diamond is the top 15% of the Playerbase, why tf can the top 15% not play the game in a decent way, where did Blizz go wrong!

They are doing soft reset for older accounts in role q system. Reseting older accounts to a state in which new accounts are . With only changed starting position based on previous rank. Meaning old accounts will start placement at their previous MMR instead of 2350 as new accounts, but everything else is like placement on new accounts, thats why its soft reset. In a way its good chance to place old acc higher or lower by big amount of SR.

Guys seriously shut up. You aren’t Nostradamus I bet more than 70% of you asked for Role Queue, got disappointed and want it removed. None of you can predict so stop doing it.
I wanted Role Queue and I knew what’s coming for dps mains like me and never complained.
MMR reset will be rough so what?
Did you guys leave Overwatch in Season 1-2 because it was a bit chaotic? I didn’t even though I complained about team balance.

Correct me if I am wrong but won’t Overwatch 1 (the pvp side) become free to play anyway? Those few smurfs will ruin it for you guys with or without MMR reset lol.

I mean if you enjoy chaos and total dice roll of the result of the game then sure it would be more fun and exciting, but for most people that would not be.

This is only your delusion, just like Im pretty sure you wouldnt think MMR reset is fun and exciting if you would actually have it every season, or even once. Its just your delusion.

Yes but that is mainly because usually GMs have slight understanding, a half a brain some would say, unlike the tinfoil “stuck” people who try to use every single excuse why they are stuck but them selves, so they never have to improve so they keep fulfilling their destiny.

But why do people want it in the first place? Whole reason for MMR/SR reset is that they will somehow place higher. Even if they would, it doesnt change a thing, their skill wont change and they will drop back anyway. People are in their ranks for a reason. Because if someone is stuck, he belongs there.

I couldn’t care less about my rank but still want a reset every season. It’s just about the fun of climbing through ranks. New season, new start, a fresh page. Of course the seasons have to be longer than it is now.

I think it would be fun yeah, for me yes. But i know it would create chaos and people wont be happy anyway.

Free smurf account every season, stomping through the unlucky bottom 90% something, yes plz.

1 Like

Have you never played a game like that before where they reset every season and you have to climb? It’s really not as chaotic as you imagine.

They completely reset the MMR for the first comp FFA season. Forums were full of silvers complaining they had to fight Masters and GM’s. I imagine this will probably be the same if they reset normal comp mmr.

But like I said, I don’t care I’m all for it.

Yeah it was honestly not fun to play against dps grandmasters lol as high plat/low dia. But i did top353 there :wink: