Reset MMR, please

i would be bricking it right now if i was in diamond or above

So what your saying is, they reset mmr, everyone placed the same and the fact they gained nothing is a direct consequence of that?

I didn’t say they reset MMR.

Please stop inferring I said that.

As I noted previously, it was a bug wherein the matchmaker wasn’t taking the existing MMR into consideration.

So there was no existing mmr being taken into consideration, explain to me how that is different to it being reset?

I never said it was.

But what happened as a result is what would happen if MMR actually were reset, as in complete chaos with pro players being placed Gold and stomping actual Gold players.

That actually serves as an excellent example as to why MMR should not be reset ever.

You’re actually contradicting yourself. All of my arguments have been against a reset, using the event that you are so insistent on refusing was the same as a reset as an example of why it would be a bad idea.

I never once said it wasn’t the same as a reset.

Those are your words, not mine.

Oh my bad, I guess you were just being pedantic for the sake of it then? Explain to me why you were so insistent of making sure it was known as a bug, and why you you tried to correct me when I referred to it as the same as a reset?

You were insisting it was an MMR reset when it was not.

I was merely seeking to correct your erroneous statement.

I was insisting that it was effectively a reset. Key word being effectively.
Though I never stated it directly, it is reasonable to assume anyone intelligent enough to comment on the matter would be able to see how having no mmr be it intentional or not has the same result.

No, you said it was a reset.

Yes, you did.

What I said was not incorrect. They released the season with a bug that unintentionally reset mmr. I don’t understand how you’re still trying to argue.

You quoted me saying ‘though I never stated it directly’ in the wrong context. I never directly stated that it was EFFECTIVELY the same. The fact you managed to misread that in such a way makes me question more than just your reasoning for this continued debate.

You seem to have a difficulty to understand. What I suggest is a fresh season every few months or half year instead of one endless season. Everyone climbs from 0 and it motivates new players as well as the current players who enjoys climbing through ranks. That is how ranking works.

I mean, if they don’t reset MMR for OW2 and want to keep their old data FOREVER, even into a sequel? I’m not buying it, and i don’t see why any former players would want to come back to the game.

I cannot see them resetting MMR for Overwatch 2 because it will have a shared Competitive mode with Overwatch 1.

Do you actually believe you are hardstuck silver at lvl 1800 because of the matchmaker? Do you really believe you would place AND stay higher if there was an MMR reset?

1 Like

They did that by mistake one season. Watch youtube. It was sheer madness; GM players against Silvers…

I wonder, if the MMR was removed or reset, and they fell like a stone, what would they blame it on then?

They’ll be like the guy who posted here the other day crying about how he apparently had throwers on all his placements on his new alt even though he placed like 200sr below main “despite all the throwers”

If OP wants to experience what an MMR reset would be like he should play the Comp Arcade modes. Literally masters/silvers in same lobbys.

1 Like

We were told its a bug, but it doesnt mean it truly was.