Res on E is too Powerful

The reason I have these ideas in place is to encourage tempo reses rather than team reses. It should be very unlikely that Mercy gets off team reses with the cast time and slight movement reduction. Also, Lucio ult is also not considered that great because the shields decay pretty fast, compared to trans which emits 300hps for 6 seconds.

If you want to encourage tempo reses instead of team resses… why on earth would you give her the ability to Res 5 then punish her for going for that?

Why wouldn’t you just make her ult the E this trainwreck of a rework shipped with? Single Target, Instant, 5m range Resurrect?

I like that rework idea but that is for a different thread. Giving her the option to resurrect up to 5 people gives her a hero moment still. If this were to be tested, 5 man resurrects would still happen, just much more rare than before. If your whole team is dead and then you pop self destruct, you will probably be punished for it and die, which is my reasoning.

Then your rework is running smack dab into a different issue E Resurrect currently has… where the game is like “Here… have this cool unique ability. But… because it’s too cool we’re going to attach a lot of extra baggage to it that makes using it literally the worst experience in the game. HAVE FUN!”

Does that sound like a good design to you? Cause it doesn’t to me.

Perhaps if it was tested somewhere like the PTR you could make that judgment.

I would like to try out her Rez change as an earned ability, along with other changes.

Res is overly effective right now because of this sniper meta. She can negate sniper picks. If rez goes(or reverts to an ult), sniper meta becomes even less enjoyable.

Every fight will hinge on which sniper gets the first pick.

Rez wasn’t near an issue in dive because more often than not, downed teammates were downed in a large team fight making rez not only very risky, but it would also divert healing from other teammates often resulting in their death.

I don’t believe rez is OP, it’s just too necessary with this meta.

It’s like saying Trans is OP… it’s not really. But the current gameplay style just demands you have it on your team.

Me too, but I would rather see it as an ultimate rather than an E ability.

See… usually I do have that opinion for Mercy changes… “Let’s throw it on the PTR, it can’t be a worse play experience than what she currently has.”

Problem with that is I have a feeling that your changes will in fact make her have a worse play experience than how she currently is. Couple that with the fact that nearly everything that hits the PTR makes it live… I’m gonna stick with a hard no.

If a team is using 3 ults to take a point, without looking for Mercy first, they deserve to have lost those ults

2 Likes

I like how the question of “why do you think mass res won’t come back?” is answered by “because it won’t come back” xd

Also, Grim, it’s nice to see an idea which is not only a straightforward nerf to Mercy, but at least looks quite acceptable. It’s quite… refreshing to see.

1 Like

No ability should be necessary to compete… This is why OW has the flaming on the forums like it does. Blizzard needs to stop balancing for just 1/3rd of it’s roster.

I actually like how Mercy originally was but that is me. It was big risk with a big reward. Flankers had to worry about a Mercy hiding out. It was their job to spot or finish off a Mercy before the big res.

I would just like to see more of a variety of metas.

2 Likes

I’m glad for your feedback.

The PTR should be a place to test out ideas. If it is considered underpowered, it should be buffed, and if overpowered, nerfed. Unfortunately this doesn’t happen a lot until it makes live, but that should change considering the community has lots of feedback.

1 Like

I see, however you are giving her other buffs that might make 15m op

I’m not quite sure if I like it whole, but it’s still better than all these “NERF MERCY TO THE GROUND” posts around xd

I don’t exactly like it fully either yet, and I’m still thinking about changes I’d like to do to her.

Mass rezz will never come back because blizzard never takes back any reworks they’ve done. You’re clearly new to blizzard games if you believe that they would ever revert a change. If they’re gonna do something, it’s gonna be something new and different again, it’s how blizzard works.

I’m not sure I enjoyed mass rez… it always did feel a little cheap to pop a five rez after the enemy team just effectively utilized a push. It felt good, but it was far more than necessary in order to compete than the current Mercy.

I agree that I would like to see more variety in team comp’s. I would love to be able to confidently pick Lucio over Mercy and be just as confident in our odds. And during dive, I could do that. Reworked rez was high risk during dive - this sniper meta has made it significantly lower risk and higher reward.

The thing is that, by changing Mercy again, sniper meta will still exist and the only thing that changes is we see slightly few less Mercys in place of a few more Moiras or Anas. Which is all well and good. But if a different angle was taken… like nerfing the snipers or nerfing Brigitte to move the game AWAY from the sniper meta, we would effectively see more variety across the board.

1 Like

As we’ve seen in the past, Blizzard has changed their minds about some things like death match. Hopefully they will understand that a reiteration is needed and that their rework was a failure.

Now I wonder when it will find its place in the megatrash :V