Requiring voice in competitive

hitting tab shows you that no reason for chat to be on

I’m sorry but when 50% of the time coms are just used to demand someone swap this kind of thing will never happen. Stop trying to control other players.

3 Likes

Yeah no, not when every time I join chat and talk I get harassed for my voice, gender, sexuality, hero choice, and any other weird thing

7 Likes

I agree with you that people should join comms and make effort to communicate and cooperate to win, but forcing people into voice won’t fix the issue. Imagine everyone being forced into comms and then people still choosing not to talk or listen, it’s still going to be tilting. People who don’t want to cooperate or listen will always not cooperate and listen, trying to force their hand will make them rebel more, it’s sad but it’s true. The game isn’t the biggest problem, it’s the community and it always has been

1 Like

Oh sure we’ll join as long as people like you don’t scream at us as soon as we switch to Tracer or Bastion (even tho they suck)

You wanna require more toxicity in Ranked games? Great idea 10/10 would read again.

1 Like

I actually mute the written chat and only join voice chat. I find that people who only dare to type in chat are the ones who tend to be toxic, while people who bother joining VC are less likely to talk crap, because well, there’s a real human behind that voice. I don’t need someone who doesn’t even want to reveal their voices to tell me to swith, but I will fully willingly listen to them if they want to talk. An Ana complaining that she needs peeling 10 seconds after being dead and 5 more seconds of afk doesn’t strike as wanting to work cooperatively to me.

If people use VC to be toxic, then I’ll just mute them or exit VC altogether. It’s that simple.

I’ve long said Team Chat needs to be compulsory for Competitive because communication is a key component of teamwork.

Jeff’s recent post saying “every decision we made was to embrace/encourage/force teamplay at all costs” surprised me seeing as how Team Chat isn’t compulsory (and also there’s no backfill in Competitive despite being in other modes).

Lol, I dont think you would like being backfilled in a game where you win or lose SR, imagine joining a game with a minute left and losing 20 points for it, haha.

Backfill on competitive doesn’t make sense. A competitive game rewards your own gameplay, bein backfilled means someone else is playing the game for you. They should add rights and vote to pause the game when someone dc’s.

I honestly hate players who are not in voice because they cant hear call outs and they cant do proper call outs. In my experience its often stacks in EU who dont join. Then people playing heroes like torb, sym sombra which suck because sym and sombra require communication. Oh and a lot of salty hardstuck high level framed players is not in voice.

Reality: 6 players joined VC

Nobody speaks or gives callouts.

I Ieave VC

2 Likes

Reality: 5 people join voice chat

Team rages to get last one to join

Team purposefully throws to spite the one who didn’t join

Team blames the one who didn’t join for the loss

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that.

Sounds like a 5 stack problem

5 was an arbitrary number, there’s always that guy.

If Blizzard really thought that not communicating was gameplay sabotage, they wouldn’t have given the option to leave voice chat. The day they add voice chat requirement is the day I learn to play without sound.

2 Likes

Hard pass on this one, but it would shorten DPS que times because 1/2 of the population would stop playing comp lol

1 Like

Voice chat is like advertising on the internet. I was willing to give it a go, but you ruined it with your complaining and whining and “x switch to y you suck”, and now I have ublock origin installed because i am extremely not interested in the stupid opinions being offered.

1 Like

(would make it longer; its counterintuitive but the queues would be longer because less people would be getting into games)

1 Like

In some countries VC is banned. So not going to happen.