Request for Balancing Adjustment: Sigma’s Abilities in OW2

Dear Blizzard,

I am writing to express my concerns regarding the current state of Sigma’s abilities in Overwatch 2. While I appreciate the unique design and concept behind the character, I believe that his kit is currently overpowering and needs to be adjusted for the sake of game balance.

Specifically, I would like to propose a reduction of approximately 1 second from the cooldowns of Sigma’s abilities. This adjustment would primarily target his shield, “Kinetic Grasp” ability, and his “Accretion” ability. These three components of his kit combine to create a formidable defense that is incredibly difficult to overcome.

When facing a Sigma with his current cooldown durations, it feels nearly impossible to counter his sustained blocking potential, absorb incoming damage, or dodge his high-impact rock throws. The time it takes for his abilities to become available again is simply too long, making it extremely challenging to defeat him.

To put it into perspective, imagine the firepower of a fully-unloaded Bastion. If we could reduce Sigma’s ability circulation time by approximately 1 second, it would be a step towards rectifying this imbalance. By doing so, it would provide players with a more fair and reasonable chance to confront Sigma and his formidable kit.

I understand that game balance is a delicate task and that character adjustments must be carefully considered. However, I strongly believe that Sigma’s current power level exceeds what is appropriate for Overwatch 2. I kindly request that you take the necessary steps to review and consider implementing the proposed balancing adjustment.

By addressing this concern, you would ensure a more enjoyable and fair gaming experience for all Overwatch 2 players. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to seeing the continued improvement of this fantastic game.

Sincerely,

• Fair Play Advocate

This is why Orisa-Sigma was meta for so long in OW1. Unlike every other tank, they each had, and still have, 2 damage mitigation abilities that they could cycle to stay active in a fight. Combine that with their poke playstyle and the rest of their kits (which was also a problem), and no other tanks were really viable.

I don’t expect the devs to fix the problem after failing to do so for years. Interestingly, that meta drove away tank players, so we got 5v5… which is also apparently driving away tank players. It’s laughable and sad, but it’s entirely the devs’ fault.

Anyway, I suggest playing Mei against Sigma. When properly used, her kit makes life difficult for him.

Thank you for your suggestions and response! I appreciate the tips and insights you’ve provided. I’ll definitely check out the ideas you’ve shared. It’s my hope that by discussing these proposed changes and improvements, we can gather more attention and engage in a meaningful conversation.

Let’s keep the momentum going and continue to share our thoughts and ideas. The Overwatch community is full of passionate players, and together, we can make a difference in shaping the game we love.

Thanks again for your input, and I look forward to further discussions and interactions here.

Best regards,

BigLukeDaddy