Reports of Mercy's death are greatly exaggerated

Wow, bias much? Cause Moira is such a high skill character?
I like playing Moira, she is in my Top5 most played characters, but boy is she not hard to play. I have mediocre aim and can still land her RMB, and her healing is not really hard to aim either. Her balls require just a general direction as well.
I am not trying to bash Moira players, she is fun and good in certain comps. But don’t try to tell me she requires more skill than Mercy

Ana, I fully agree, she requires more skill, but that still shouldn’t make Mercy’s healing absolete

5 Likes

Yeah I play Moira and Mercy and everytime I hear Moira is high skill I laugh my butt off. I have a 20% accuracy rate and I am a decent Moira.

2 Likes

hence why i said “even”, cause can moria look around freely while shes healing? the answer is no, meaning she does need to track, no matter how little tracking is required…its still more work than mercy needs to do to pull off her healing.

Can Moira throw her biotic orb into allies and then look away again?
Also, Moira has a healing over time as well, so just sprinkle some heals on and let it get topped off by itself.
Zen doesn’t need to aim to heal, Lucio even less than Mercy and Zen, Brigitte doesn’t need aim either, beside with her repair kit, which requires as much aim as Zen and Mercy healing

2 Likes

Every single update these boosted Mercy mains complain saying that Mercy is dead.

She is still going to be the strongest healer, she still has the most consistent and powerful healing, and as well as the best surviability.

She’s not dead because of the healing nerf. She’s dead because they nerfed her in a way that doesn’t address her actual problems, which means she’s going to continue to get nerfed.

4 Likes

How would you nerf Valk or Rez, while keeping Valk as an ultimate, and Rez as Single Rez?

Not to mention if you’ve got a Biotic Orb ready you can Fade backward and launch one forward to heal you and any other damaged ally.

I wouldn’t do that, because that’s stupid and wouldn’t work. I’d make rez her ult and put something else on E. How many more times do I need to tell you this?

2 Likes

I haven’t really seen any “Mercy is deadl threads, except for one that was by a DPS player who said, “Mercy is finally dead. Thank you, Blizz. Cheers!” And that was all.

I have seen one or two Mercys say that it feels bad and that they can’t keep their team alive, but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Great! Let’s keep nerfing the one competent main healer and continue with the nerf train until supports are almost useless. o7

2 Likes

She was reworked, which no one wanted as soon as we saw it on the PTR, and has since then received nerfs for every fun thing about her. AKA gutted.

4 Likes

the part I like the best about these changes is that now using your pistol feels better at times, so you yourself find that number being even lower because you don’t just mindlessly keep the beam on, now you gotta actively protect your teammate by any means and your gun is amazing at giving out that little extra oomph Dmg boost also has more value as it should which is nice

All in all my healing per game diminished but boy am I having fun sniping people with that tiny pistol and people not even realizing I’m not sitting around just in case they get 1 dmg worth of hp lol

If the last fun thing about the pure healer is her SELF DEFENSE pistol then I think theres a problem with the hero.

3 Likes

You keep on thinking, watch out for that pew pew though

She’s going to lose the duel with most hero’s.

she’s not ment to be a dps.

shes not tracer.

that’s why she’s got a heal? I mean if Tracer could keep her teammates health up just like Mercy does I would also complain but alas, that’s not the case

additionally moira’s healing numbers include her selfheal, mercy’s regen doesn’t show up in healing

1 Like

Ah ok. I’m talking only about the most recent nerf, which reduced her healing from 60 to 50.

I don’t see why someone would look at a small change and claim she hasn’t been gutted instead of looking at her as a whole. People didn’t say Ana was gutted when her nade nerf came out, no they said it over the entire series of nerfs.