Reporting smurfs for cheating DOES work, by the way

WOAH … the “logic” right there. Overwhelming.
I dont even know how to adress that one dude. Congratulations, you totally got me there. Ok dude :+1:

Don’t even bother my dude,

people like Hyphen who ardently defend smurfing are smurfs themselves so their opinion is entirely irrelevant

5 Likes

Yeah ik, I should’ve avoided entering the conversation, but since I can’t put him in an ignore list cause he set up his account privacy to circumvent the system. Oh well, I’m a sucker for these things.

3 Likes

So I am saying that you should report Smurfs for throwing, because its sabotage, but I am a “smurf defender” … Questionmark :rofl:

Dude … I am speechless, IDK if you live in a different universe at this point because I say ABC and some dudes interpret DCD.

Yes, we agree on that department. However, we’re also arguing that the people in the matches after those gameplay sabotages are perfectly able to report him on suspicion of tampering with the MMR to stomp. Tampering with the MMR can be considered cheating, as is win trading, account sharing, etc included in that segment of the CoC.

2 Likes

the point being if you want people to take you seriously you shouldn’t defend smurfing in any way shape or form

you are saying it is not cheating, when according to the CoC it is by its very definition

as i have said, gaming the matchmaker is no different than finding an out of bounds glitch and killing people from outside the map

it is exploiting the system to gain unfair advantage over your opponents, and is entirely counter to what the devs designed so it is cheating, no ifs, no buts, no coconuts

4 Likes

That is False Report. Which People who do this should get Suspended. Also it isn’t really Funny for People who Smurf Started in Gold, and they Climb to Grandmaster.

its not a false report, check the CoC

Also no, people who Alt start in gold and climb to grandmaster

people who smurf, start in gold and stay there through manipulation of the matchmaker through soft throwing matches

there is a difference between Alt accounts, and Smurf Accounts

Alt accounts play legit (i know i have many, all at the same rank) Smurf accounts purposefully keep their MMR low so that they can have “Fun” stomping on people less skilled than them

7 Likes

Oh! I don’t know it Difference. Edited: Thank you so much for Telling me Difference.

2 Likes

no worries dude :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Also be Careful, some of them maybe are not a Smurf, some of them are Alternative Accounts. If you see them in same Ranks many Times, then they are possible Smurf. Also most Obvious when they are Smurf, where they are try Throwing Games.

It is not cheating. Get gud and stop crying

Being better than someone else is not reportable

1 Like

Oh, yeah? Then why my 21 smurf accounts are still alive? No signs of anything bad happening with ppl who smurf. Keep it up boys, let’s learn low elo pepegas to play, otherwise they will complain, even if their life is on the line.

Ofc if you report 24/7 with that string you will get your bone, doggie. But that doesn’t mean it works, it means you are just wasting your time hard enough :rofl: Or probs you hit the actual cheater :thinking: Anyways, good job, sniper :joy:

Again, for the hundred gazillion time: It isnt.
You bending the meanings and twisting the words wont change reality.

Sorry to bust your bubble but the systems that track, detect and suspend cheaters will NOT ever, in a million years, suspend a Smurf for cheating (unless they actually are, which is a different matter).

Learn about how Warden and other anticheats work before trying to say that a dude throwing is the same as someone using wallhacks or going under the map to kill enemies uncontested. Again - telling it like it is :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What you are talking about is not a smurf, it is an alt account. Smurfing inherently requires throwing in order to keep or force your MMR to be lower than it should be. It is not feasible for a GM to place in Gold unless they are playing outside of their comfort picks (and even then you should still place Plat as even my most recent accounts that were specifically for being outside my comfort picks landed in Plat). Now that account is not a smurf but if I decide to play my normal heroes, gain 700SR, then decide to play the weaker heroes, lose and repeat, I have become a smurf because I am manipulating the system to keep my ranking lower.

However, however neither of those are cheating. Cheating is a very specific thing and smurfing does not fall under that. This falls under unsporting conduct and will of course get banned but cheating specifically is about outside tools being used to assist in the completion of the game. Reporting smurfing as cheating takes away resources from the very important tracking and banning of actual aimbots.

2 Likes

The green report screen works differently than the blue one. When that pops up it means someone has been removed due to verified evidence of hacks as determined by the hacks team from Blizzard, which is SEPERATE from that of Blizzard Customer Service who identify disruptive play. So if anything, HypoHorntail only identified some actually cheating, and thought they were a smurf.

This only proves that unless a person says they are playing on an alternate account, there is really no way to prove that someone is TRULY on an alternate account. Again report for Gameplay Sabotage if you see someone throwing.

10 Likes

Sad that we can’t report false reporting people like the OP.
So many false report from people who don’t like losing… Unless the guy he reported used a hack to be bad at the game and throw… ^^

1 Like

Most of the time they’re not cheating but it 100% classifies as gameplay sabotage for the enemy team. Lost count of the reports and have only seen a success ban like 3 times. It’s a terrible system

1 Like

Actually it makes perfect sense for smurfs to be cheaters too. I doubt someone who put hours to get into platinum would enjoy curbstomping bronze players (while having your skill degrading). Pay to get new acc, pay to get cheats - this kind of pay 2 win mentality perfectly goes with suckers who only play to get their ego scratched.

1 Like

and people ask me why I don’t wanna play comp at all lol. So you play on 24 different acocunts only to have easier games. got it. But sadly blizz allow this thing. Not your fault.

2 Likes