Reporting smurfs for cheating DOES work, by the way

I’ve never reported anyone for cheating for anything else (aimbots/wallhacks/etc.), solely because I’m bad at spotting those kinds of things unless they are ASTOUNDINGLY obvious. But I do report smurfing as cheating because THAT I can see easily.

Just got a green cheat report message when I logged in today. So it does work.

Maybe there is hope yet for this rancid garbage fire to go out.

41 Likes

Hope u gets a ban for false reporting, cuz thats what u do

39 Likes

A smurf is not a cheater … its insane the amount of people that still dont get the difference
:man_facepalming:

From Jeff himself:

Pretty clear, its SABOTAGE. Unless they are boosting, which is cheating, but smurf can be alone which again, dismantles the smurfing = cheating.

We are done :wave:

13 Likes

lol sure you did mate…

likelihood is that “Smurf” was in fact a cheater there are more of them than people think, and the cheats are extremely hard to detect these days

5 Likes

Smurfing is cheating by definition

Cheating = Using Exploits or third party programs to gain unfair advantage

Smurfing = Exploiting the matchmaker by use of an alt account in order to get easier opponents

29 Likes

Haven’t had any luck getting smurfs banned yet, I was just about to lose hope, I’ll keep the grind up :muscle:

12 Likes

It isnt though, because they are not “Cheating” the system or using third party programs or exploits.

Smurfings = Throwing in matches so you get lower MMR so you can then stomp easier opponents.

Its LITERALLY gameplay sabotage dude, not “cheating” the system. if you dont distinguish a dude with Wallhacks, from a dude with Aimbot or a dude that is just on a different account throwing matches, IDK what to tell you :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

it is both, because they are exploiting a flaw in the matchmaking system, its the same as exploiting a hole in the map to get out of bounds

it is gaining an unfair advantage by means other than the devs intended, hence it is cheating

21 Likes

Wow, I never bothered reporting smurfs but I guess I’ll start now! :innocent:

7 Likes

Yall gon report everyone thats slightly better than yall?

7 Likes

I doubt the ban was for smurfing, they were probably also cheating in this instance.

You are better off reporting smurfs for chat violations, enough people report the garbage, they will get silenced, then suspended. They will never be outright banned, but at least we can make them pay for their repugnant ways.

8 Likes

They are not, 100%.
I know 3 dudes on my ALT friendlist that are smurfs (I was told by them) and they are still playing. And yes, they get reported. A LOT.

I guess if you bend the rules and play semantics hard enough, throwing matches is “exploiting the system”.

PS: No.

2 Likes

why does this not surprise me. I mean, the fact you have “friends” that are self-admitted smurfs (how did these conversations originate btw?)

It’s both gameplay sabotage on the matches you throw and cheating on the ones you actually play because you’re altering the MMR through gameplay sabotage, therefor cheating.

If your argument is going to be that blizzard allowed the matching to happen, therefor it can’t be cheating, here I am to remind you that people using exploits/glitches within the game will get banned for cheating despite not using external assistance.

The code of conduct specifically says this:

Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

-Third party
-Bugs
-Any activity that grants an unfair advantage

5 Likes

Paranoid much? What are you implying dude? Also I dont have to tell you anything about private conversations. Chill with the conspiracy theories.

Again, Developer statement on first post. You are wrong.
And no, you cant argue semantics and bend the meaning of words to report someone.

At that point we might as well report anyone with a 240HZ monitor and less than 30 ping because they have an “unfair advantage”.

2 Likes

Just read the code of conduct I guess? Oh and yeah, nice post by the developer that goes off a tangent of anything discussed here. I’ve reported smurfs. They’ve been actioned. It’s really hard to catch them because private profiles, but I managed to get a smurf actioned on QP. Reasoning? Consistent genji combos with a high silver account, most likely purchased. Blizzard surely doesn’t make it easy because you can’t see the pattern of a smurf throwing the matches previous to your encounter.

About that whole bending the meaning of words, huh.

9 Likes

Sounds more like you reported someone who was actually cheating. Low level account + cheats will probably look like a smurf to most players.

Otherwise what you say makes literally no sense. If reporting cheaters for cheating doesn’t work, why would reporting non-cheaters for cheating work?

Just read the developer statement I guess?
Just actually read and understand the COC ?
There are no bugs, exploits or programs or activities to grant an unfair advantage.

You are literally saying that throwing 10 matches to be on a lower rank is “gaining unfair advantage” … like what? :rofl:

Damn the reading comprehension.
I am literally using the same “logic” to prove that it is absurd, how are you still not getting this ?

1 Like

Nope, it’s 10 gameplay sabotage, and the 11th match is the cheating one.

2 Likes

That’s considered a false report and you should be the one suspended for doing so.

2 Likes