Reported for spamming?

Hello, so I was just playing in a competitive match and this guy said he reported me because I was spamming voice lines as D.Va. I’m not even sure if he did report me but I just want to know, is that even something that can be reported? And yes, he asked me to stop so I did. I just wished he said the problem before allegedly reporting me. ALSO ALSO, we were losing at that part of the game so he could’ve just been salty but I’m not sure, we ended up winning but he was still annoyed.

It is extremely fustrating, and yes, it is reportable. It is spam so. In QP, ok whatever, but in Comp, big no.

People are trying to hear the game and spamming voice lines doesn’t help that.

2 Likes

The thing is though, I would never use them in the middle of a battle, I don’t have 20 fingers to press the hotkeys and I would only do them in spawn or when nothing was happening.

I think he might’ve just been salty from comp and it just annoyed him even more? I dont know :expressionless:

Well yea, it annoyed him more. In spawn, that’s fine.

Even when nothing is happening, people are trying to hear audio cues, and spamming voicelines hinders that.

1 Like

Understandable, I should probably stop doing it then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That goes out the window once we factor in that enemies are also trying to hear audio cues.

1 Like

Oh yeah something I forgot to add, 1 person reporting this… will anything happen? Like will one report for spamming voice lines do anything?

Doesn’t lessen the fact that it is extremely annoying.

1 Like

Not that much voice line spam annoys me but it makes you unable to hear the enemy and the callouts. When i do, do it only in spawn before the game starts.

I don’t understand this complaint. Voice lines aren’t loud enough to drown out enemy call outs. They can’t drown out ally callouts either because those play over the comms.

2 Likes

Spamming voice lines is a dick move. Period. Any time, Any place.

1 Like

Morally in certain situations i agree,

But it’s a feature in game hard to see getting reported for something of the sort tbh.

Playing 1 of 4 voice lines is a feature. And can be funny, and entertaining. Spamming the same line, or any combination of constant voice lines should earn you getting kicked from match. Just like being inactive.

mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada mada

1 Like

Perfection tbh

“My halloween costume?!”

It still lets the enemy team know where you are, bonus points if your a flanking genji, doom, or reaper, spamming your main voiceline and get picked because they heard you.

hahahha the amount of i need healing and thanks spam i do in game is pretty high. I have spammed a decent amount in ow and never had a problem with any reports on my account

so you should be fine

in saying that people hate voice line spam over any other so keep that in mind and spam your i need healing.

if people complain tell them your just tapping one key on your keyboard and too relax a little.

you owe your teamates good gameplay not clean sound waves.

How about not spam voicelines next time. Hold a pair of toy keys and jingglin them around during your next match, I’m sure you’ll be tickled pink