Reported for playing Torb

Honestly I am getting over people reporting me at the start of a game…

I just had a 24 hour ban for literally playing Torb… it’s not even that I am playing bad… The first and only games of the morning, I absolutely smashed… like to the point where the other team were commenting on how good I was as Torb…

I have just gone through the process of appealing for which I was just given a standard copy and paste reply saying that I breached the terms and conditions ? This is where it all gets very “Grey area”…

I have bought this game with my money and damned if I should be banned because I play a character on the game… Now who gets to decide if im “Throwing”? Maybe I am just a bad player and Torb is the best character I can play? Who can actually say? I am quite upfront about not throwing with Torb and I even tell them to check my profile… I am at like 2500sr and 59% win rating or something with 40 hours of game play so it’s hard to fathom how blizzard can uphold the perception that I am throwing?

It’s just a frustrating thing because I could play any other character, be worse, give the team less chance of winning but not be reported ever because I am not playing Torb?

Really over it to the point where im just gonna turn my mic off and not play with voice or listen to anyone…

20 Likes

Until Blizz fixes report system you can expect bans like this to keep hapening

13 Likes

It’s a frustrating situation hey…

True that, hope it gets better someday
Just git back to the game after not playing for a few months and ther are a lot more toxic people or maybe its just end of season nobody cares for bans

It’s one of those things… I am surprised there hasn’t been any legal action against them… If you buy this game off the shelf, you don’t agree to any terms before the installation and even then… Australia’s ACCC laws would probably have something to say about someone being banned from accessing the WHOLE game, not just competitive because a consumer has played a character on the game…

4 Likes

You are playing with 11 other people snt they can say the same. Him playing torb made the game adventagus to other team and not fun for me.
So i doubt that would ever happen.

4 Likes

I’ll say it again. I’ll play Torbjörn on attack and defence switching when I know it’s not working anymore. I have never been banned. I don’t know whether or not if I’ve ever gotten reports for this reason (although it’s more than likely I have). If your smart Torb can work fine on attack. Put up a turret in the back line with a good line of sight, and listen to that baby fire lol.

4 Likes

Sym mains know exactly how you feel.

3 Likes

i’m a torb that averages almost 80% winrate
been so abused by system that i play with a public profile and all coms off

well they think i’m in voice but i have the volume all the way down yell all u want lol

but i’m playing the hero i’m good at weather you like it or not cause i’m playing to win

2 Likes

95% of the time the problem isn’t even the ->insert hero here<-.

There are so many games where one just can’t win. Where an entire team’s hero choices all aren’t working. Many times it isn’t even the heroes themselves, it’s just no one coordinates at all.
In these types of common scenarios, everyone is the problem, and not necessarily because of their hero choice. But instead of accepting any fault at all, those 3 DPS that somehow have less damage combined than that Torb, all blame the Torb.

It’s a simple concept: You don’t swap, you get reported. You do, you get reported less. How you actually perform is completely irrelevent because teammates do not judge with logic.
Whether Torb is objectively “working” or not does not matter when it comes to reports/bans. All that matters is if teammates “think” (not that they actually do) Torb isn’t working. Actual performance doesn’t matter.

8 Likes

you just haven’t run accross the average toxic report torb for x reason that happens alot

then they try to rall the other team to report u

yet another reason we need a visible scoreboard

1 Like

I play torb all the time in Silver and even gold and have never been banned…

…which is to say why I never want to ever play this game at high ranks if it can be avoided.

Overwatch, the game that gets worse as you go up in rank. Look at nearly every high ranked poster here for evidence of where this game is at high ranks. It doesn’t sound like fun at all.

EDIT: Oh and the salt on torb is real. Medals don’t matter we all know for rank, but I could get 4 golds including most eliminations as torb and will get no upvotes. Just because even if you do well with a character like torb ‘It must have been a mistake. So says streaming meta.’

Sorry you play too well and are in platinum OP. Hopefully you can lower your rank and have more fun with us in Silver, where people are actually human beings.

I don’t mind people playing Torb If they don’t throw I don’t care, as long as we get the win. But if they do, INSTANT report

1 Like

While i don’t condone the use of torb, (i much prefer symetra) however, no player should be getting bans for playing the game the way BLIZZARD designed it. It’s a joke at this point this is even happening.

2 Likes

Hey, if you’re going to play selfishly expect selfish reactions.

1 Like

you’re playing in a competitive environment, if your pick doesn’t work and you just keep playing that hero they will eventually view you as a thrower.

picking heroes and never switching is in a grey area close to gameplay sabotage.

No it isn’t. One can think it is all they want, but it isn’t.
Gameplay Sabotage has been expressly defined many, many times. It’s purpose is to target people that outright restrict a person’s ability to play at all, like using Mei walls to get people killed on purpose.

4 Likes

its a grey area

some gm’s will not remove the ban while some will, even blizzard doesn’t know their own rules.

2 Likes

Yes it is. Tip toe around loop holes all you like to justify your reasoning, but whether you like it or not it is a TEAM game. You have to work WITH other players, one tricking and refusing to cooperate with your team is the opposite of working with them and is also extremely selfish (lets not forget, they paid for this game too). You really expect people not to view you as a thrower if you refuse to work with them especially when your pick isn’t working/is being heavily countered? Use the loopholes as much as you wish, it won’t stop them reporting you.

3 Likes

In related news, not that it really counts for much at this stage but gone from 2500sr-2650sr since posting and I have topped the damage and elims in every game except one in the last ten games (Have actually had a pretty big winning streak today aswell haha). I should literally record a game and show people whats happening at the start of every game and the reports I get (most people are probably aware of what happens though).