Report system flaw

When your account gets actioned, Blizzard says that they have verify reports, yet their chief complaint of late has been that they cannot physically verify every report? Hence the automated system. And still they have every confidence that reports are verified by an automated system that suspends you automatically after you reach a specific number of reports??? Anyone else see that ridiculous hypocrisy???

The report system is fully automated. And even if you appeal, and they say they have evidence, upon REQUESTING to see the chat evidence that you were suspended for, they do not provide that evidence…why???. I feel that it is our right to see what ever evidence they supposedly have used to hold up their “fully automated” decision.

Abusive chat is CERTAINLY subjective based on who is complaining.

'I like oranges!"

“I HATE ORANGES!! REPORTED!!”

What sounds offensive and abusive to one person will not have the same value to someone else. This is why we need to take context and each specific scenario into account. Blizzards CoC states that context doesn;t matter. Well I think it certainly does.

For example. EU versus US. What is the British idiome for Cigarette. Oh thats right. Its a word we can’t use because of the chat filter. SO what if someone is playing on the US servers with a friend but they are from the UK or EU and they live in the US? What if they used that word and then someone reported them for it??? They would be unfairly suspended or silenced based on the system not involving context.

People will report you for any reason regardless of its validity. And then Blizzard will split hairs about what is abusive and what is not. They go by a public majority and number of reports rather than actually examining evidence and then presenting it to the player being actioned saying “This is the behavior that we actioned you for.”

There needs to be a better system.

6 Likes

yep
I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again it enables toxic stacks

it’s completely gamed

players report based on hero pick alone regardless of in game behaviour

it needs to be revised and actually record audio samples from voip where most of the verbal abuse and harassment of players happens

text chat logs and weather or not you used ptt or open mic is all a game master sees

and the hero switches

4 Likes

blizz will ban whoever they want however they want. it’s their game. People exploit the report system because it’s the only way to defend against 1-trickery and other BS quickplay people. And the system will always be flawed no matter what as long as there is a human interaction to it. Every single one of us got mad at least once playing this once a great game(later unwanted addiction) so if you ever typed something bad in chat blizz can justify your ban.

Banning whoever they want when ever they want violates our rights.

The flaws are numerous and obvious. All of them are fixable.

The term “bad” is completely subjective. That is the problem. 1000 people could disagree that calling someone a bad player is toxic, when in fact that person is the direct cause of the loss you suffer. Like when a Moira is doing more DPS than she is healing. Or an Ana focusing too much on DPS when her team is half dead.

This is why reports and suspensions should not be automated because there are hundreds if not thousands of other variables that lead to any given situation.

Your negative attitude also doesn’t help anything.

3 Likes

They dont have to provide anything to you. Its their game, you dont control it. Maybe stop getting reported

2 Likes

If Blizzard fixed the report system I would not be getting suspended for things that are not CoC violations. Asking someone to switch is not a violation, nor is reporting someone for “playing poorly” yet one of those actions should be punishable as sabotage.

Maybe if Blizzard had a realistic stance on sabotage and poor gameplay when at a certain threshold poor play IS sabotage maybe some people would not be in Comp anymore. But no they have a completely vague and meaningless stance on both abusive chat that favors the accusers by sheer numbers rather than favoring the accused when there is a lack of EVIDENCE to support the accusations being made. No they simply say" if enough people share an opinion thats whats true" and they let the community decide, which is a crock of bull manure.

2 Likes

Youre obviously doing something to get reported. People dont just report for no reason

1 Like

So in your worldy opinion…scenarios like THIS do not exist??? I beg to differ.

https: //www_youtube_com/watch?v=xFbwCgTKPyg&t=4s&ab_channel=DostThouEvenDerp

I will NEVER…use derogatory language towards ANYONE!!! EVER!!! PERIOD!!
*Put periods in place of the underscores and close the space before the 2 slashes

there are people who report their team mates when they lose…

1 Like

Ive never seen this happen, and if it does, its too miniscule to have an effect on an actual player. A couple reports per day will not get an account banned. You will get banned if youre doing something thats against the code of conduct though.

1 Like

'It has never happened to me, therefore it doesn’t exist or doesn’t happen often"

Your statement is totally ludicrous.

You just defeated your own previous statement, and now you say that it exists but does NOT happen often enough to effect someone???

Do you realize how DUMB that makes you sound???

Just because YOU do not experience it doesn’t mean that other people don’t. You are ridiculous.

It is also rather funny because the Code of Conduct is INSANELY vague and does not SPECIFICALLY state what IS OR ISN’T abusive and it states 'Anything the COMMUNITY DEEMS TOXIC" WHich means that someone could say in VC…“I love oranges!! They are so tastey!” and someone could HATE ORANGES WITH A PASSION and effectively report someone for abusive chat because THEY do not like oranges??? And if people HAPPEN to agree with them, they may also report that person???

If I said that Life begins at birth and someone who is a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN who believe Life begins at conception is SO outraged because MY oipinion clashed with his, he can REPORT EM because he believes my statement is abusive to HIS beliefs???

You do realize that IS possible???

2 Likes
  1. Theres asbolutely no proof in this video that he DIDNT use any racial slurs of any kind. At the beginning of the video it sounded like he was trying to cover up himself saying it, by saying stuff like “people can’t handle one racial slur,” and later began stating that never said anything.
  2. Theres no proof that those reports did anything to his account at all.

You are such an idiot.

There actually IS proof. Listen to the video again!! “I have never heard someone get so triggered over a racial slurr” “One that doesn’t even apply to them.”

THAT PROVES THAT A SLURR WAS USED!!! I was CLEARLY the one triggered by his conduct and that is why I started recording the video the INSTANT I saw them say in chat to the other team accusing me of being racist.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DEAF???

1 Like

I havent seen this once throughout my over 200 hours of playing overwatch. Thats not even counting my alt with probably around 150. If this is happening, then youre doing something to trigger it

lol 200 hours. I have invested 200 hours…PER SEASON…adding to a total of 2000+ HOURS…since the game was released. You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

I may have misquoted, but that doesnt help your statement at all. That sounds like he just waltzed into the chat and said something like “Allahu Akbar!” because no one in the chat was of that culture.

It doesn’t matter if there was someone of “that culture” was present or not. Some things are NOT TOLERATED by people who have morals and good sensibilities REGARDLESS of parties present or otherwise.

Racial slurrs are NOT TOLERATED!!

I was saying thats still not ok… Racial slurs are never tolerated, I agree. I cant tell whos side youre on.

1 Like

But you are basically calling me a liar by saying it probably DIDN’T happen and I do not take kindly to that either. You can’t just assume when you weren’t there.

I have recorded multiple instances of racism, bigotry and general harassment going on in the game. There is NO doubt that it exists, and that it happens WAY more often than people are willing to admit.

Just because YOU do not see or experience it does NOT mean that it does not happen, so do NOT claim such things when you do not know.

Was it you that recorded this? Im so confused. I was saying its impossible for me to make a judgement based off this video, because there isnt enough evidence on either side. It is never ok to say a racial slur, but this guy claimed he never said one, and was being “falsely reported”

1 Like