Replace mystery heroes

But why remove Something? Just add no?

Well assuming they don’t add any additional slots to the arcade. They haven’t given any indication they’re even considering that, so I’m just assuming that’ll never happen.

No please lets not get rid of MH, It is the only good arcade mode and it is WAY better then QP.

Mystery hero is the best mode and most voted mode. There is a reason why its the top most wanted mode via Jeff too on a poll.

I stopped reading there.

Boring is an opinion.

I actually really enjoy MH because I can play any hero I’m given without toxicity or hate from my team for playing said hero.

Tell that to the company that keeps adding and then timelocking content behind an event. Never to be played again for another year when it ends.

#BringBackLucioball.

2 Likes

First of all, I only gave a reasoning as for why mystery heroes is permanent and why there’s only a limited number of arcade modes. I’d also like the ideal world of every arcade mode being available all the time, but I’m also realistic.

They actually removed MH once, I think it was roughly a year ago. Blizzard must’ve seen it in their activity numbers (and thus angry shareholders) , because it was already back in a week.

People are not going to stick around if there’s not enough people playing their favorite gamemode, so in that regard it doesn’t make a difference. Also, this is Blizzard we’re talking about. Lately they have the tendency to gut things that aren’t popular (or even as soon as they have the impression they’re not popular). Take a look at the WOW forums for a few examples.

While I certainly believe that OW still has much more active players than TF2, but this statement is wishful thinking at best. One million active players during peak hours is already a very optimistic estimate. Remember that WOW is still Blizzard’s giant and its player numbers are estimated to be somewhere between 1.5 and 3.5 million (and this is not playing at once, but active subscriptions).

That’s kind of the whole thing. Blizzard (like every company) doesn’t care about individual opinions (not yours and not mine), they only care about player numbers, because that translates in :moneybag::moneybag:. Mystery heroes happens to have a big playerbase and they don’t want to lose that. Modes that don’t boast enough players don’t get their attention. That’s just the rule of majority.

For the record I don’t have any stake in this as I don’t play that much anymore anyway (the forums are more interesting than the game right now imo). By the way, I’d really like to play some of those ‘ancient’ arcade modes again: like ‘offense only’, ‘mobawatch’ and some others.

1 Like

I feel there should always be at least one of each mode in arcade
Normal DM (4v4 or FFA)
Mystery heroes (FFA or normal)
No Limits (I feel like I’m missing something that can go here)
Game with a twist (Low Grav or Total mayhem)
And then CTF or another gamemode they might make
And for events like Winter, two of them could switch out each week (or 1 if it’s a single mode event)

1 Like

I’m dismissing solution based on experience and feedback from numerous other people. These things have been tried and tested, and conclusion is that improving arcade rotation and mode availability is best way to go. Organizing games is surprisingly exhausting to the point that i just don’t have time and energy to do it consistently in the long run. Many others agree with me. Custom games in their current form haven’t solved the problem, and more people are needed to help organize them, promoting them, and to build community in order to make it feasible solution.

And quite frankly, why i need to work hard to organize custom games when Mystery Heroes players never need to do so? How’s that fair? Why cant they do that sometimes? That mode has larger playerbase to play and make custom games, too. It would be easier for them.

People just find it easier to play when modes they want to play are available. Problem with this is the arcade rotation being what it is. Wait can take ages, and some modes are not simply available during events, even for one single day. Fixing these issues and improving mode availability even slightly would go long way to adress these issues.

By the way, i’m already putting in huge effort on daily basis to help other people with their arcade issues: I run this forum thread and similar Twitter account. As it is, i already need more help to make this more effective and consistent, let alone run custom games and such on top of that.

Was just trying to give you an option, as it doesn’t look like arcade mode will be changing any time soon. Good luck with your other projects, and may the arcade rotations fall in your favor!

1 Like

There’s a reason for the latter part of this sentence.

Hint: It contradicts the former part.

This is a very important part of the mode. I always recommend it to players who are trying to climb the SR ranks. It’s great for learning all of the heroes inside and out because you have to take the abilities you’re given every life and try to make something happen in whatever crazy situation you’ve been thrown into. Learning every hero helps you play against those heroes better, too.

1 Like

Stopped reading there because it is an opinion.

The difference between you and Ninetales is that he’s not advocating the replacement of a mode.

“mystery heroes is pretty boring” is not valid reasoning.

Thanks for posting a response that is so beneficial to this thread. You really contributed a great deal to the discussion

[/sarcasm]

Did you ever wonder why MH never leaves the arcade roster?

I’ll tell you why.

It’s because it’s heavily popular.

1 Like

WOW THATS FREAKING IDIOTIC. Of course its the most played mode. Because its always available!!!

I hate this mode so much, it makes me SO F**KING ANGRY. I hate playing QM cause i can never play the one I like to play and Mystery is only a question about who gets Mercy/Bastion combo first.

I have to vote “no” I almost exclusively play MH and learned so much by playing it.

One possible reason why =/= the actual reason why

Also, a poll that backs up that it’s simply liked by a lot

So don’t play it? It’s not MH’s fault for your QP woes.

1 Like

Since this game lacks any form of campaign mode, the mystery heroes mode is necessary to teach people how to play.

Blizzard should remove or reduce chance of hero duplication significantly though.

It is the most fun, stress free game mode. The team comps can be hilarious. Leave it be.

2 Likes

It was already most popular before it was always available, hence why they made it permanent in the first place.

3 Likes