Repeatedly disconnected after my game freezes

hi, it seems this issue may be something that affects me only, but I’m worried that it will affect my XP gains if it keeps dc/ing me.
My pc has always run overwatch completely fine, and this issue has only started today with the launch of Overwatch 2. now, at random intervals, my game will completely freeze and spam the most recent noise effects. after trying to press windows key, and windows key +tab, I cannot right click to close the game, nor can I open task manager. It will always take me back to my frozen game state, and forces me to restart my entire PC. i’ve had to do this at least 4-5 times now… I’ve been playing non-comp and don’t want to be punished for too many dc’s.

4 Likes

I have the same issue.

1 Like

thank you for responding, I hope we can have a resolution soon! I’m playing in a stack but my friends have not been affected by this issue, it’s very strange.

1 Like

I also have the exact same issue. Never had problems with overwatch 1

2 Likes

here is a person who has our same problem [Main Thread] Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

1 Like

Hi, so to contribute to the thread:
My game was freezzing since day 1. I waited hours in line and then playes like 3 min or stayed on menu 3 minutes or less and got a freezzing screen, with audio on the game and game not responsive even on alt + tab. I have an Intel i3 KabyLake 4650, 24gb ram, 3.50Ghz and Gigabyte H110 M.2 motherboard and an Gtx 1050 ti 4gb. The only thing that solved the problem was resetting the windows and reinstalling it. Im now playing for over 4 hours without any issues. I did it on the built in reseting windows option. I dont know if makes any difference from doing it from an bootable pen drive. But here’s my 5 cents of contribuition.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.