Repair pack rework

I understand why they nerfed repair pack: it’s because it enables flankers.
outside of that the extra armor isn’t inherently op and removing it leaves repair pack very underwhelming as an ability.

so if they intend to proceed with this support massacre, I propose the following rework so repair pack still feels like it’s doing something:
repair pack: quickly gives up to 50 armor but without overhealing, after a second this armor “melts” and heals the target.

now what does that mean? this:

1. repair pack will heal armor instead of normal health at a rate of 50hps without overhealing. e.g. a hero with 100 health will receive 50 armor, but a hero with 180 health will receive only 20 armor.
  2. a second after the armor is fully received it will start to decay and be replaced by normal health at a rate of 50hps and with a ratio of 2 point of health per armor point (so a full 50 armor will heal 100 health), again, without overhealing. e.g. a hero that is at 50 health and 50 armor will end up with 150 health after the armor decay ends and a hero with 180 health and 20 armor will replace that armor with normal health without surpassing his maximum 200 health.
  3. if part of the armor is lost to damage, that healing will be lost. e.g. if a hero with 50 repair pack armor loses 20 of it to damage, only the remaining 30 will be converted to health (so 60 health).
  4. repair packs can be stacked, but each stack will have half the effects of the previous one, each stack will also reset the decay timer back to 1 second even if the process is already underway. e.g. if a hero with 50 health receives 2 repair packs, it will end up with 75 armor, if it were to receives a third one, it will end up with 87 armor.
  5. the stacked effect will reset immediately after the last point of armor decays or is lost to damage.
  6. if the target is under the effects of anti heal, the armor will still be granted but the decay healing effect will be denied as expected.
  7. likewise, if the target is under the effects of amplified heal, the armor received will be unaffected, only the decay healing will be amplified.

of course those numbers can be tweaked (and the stacked effect, I’m not 100% sure about that part), but the idea is to still grant armor without overhealing if that mechanic is too problematic.

1 Like

I mean its alright, but im just confused with the armor and healing side to this.

Any of these would be preferable to the exp changes.
My god, they really just ripped brig’s armor pack to shreds.

Imo, it should have immediate armor, but it disappears after two seconds, and armor stacking is removed.
Simple as hell to change, but yet the devs dealt with it so poorly.

It’s not that hard to understand.
The tl;dr version would be, brig will not overheal and her repair pack now heals armor, after 1 second that armor becomes regular health.