Rendering device lost

Hey, Lexa here, I really need help, newbie here.
I have Nitro 5 AN515-43 with processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx.
The ram is 8GB, the GPU I use Radeon RX 560X but on my laptop said that was GPU2 hybrid.
Is that the reason why my game keep crashing with “Your rendering device has been lost. Application closing!”?

I don’t have this problem with the beta, and now it keep happening, I got warned coz keep leaving the game, endorsement level and placement went down.

What should I do? :pleading_face::sob:

Can you give me the link to where you bought it online? Just want to verify the specs because that model has several different versions.

Ah, I don’t buy it online. But I can screenshot the specs if that’ll help :pray:t4:

Sure, that should work.

https://twitter.com/kklexa/status/1592387141698433024?s=46&t=9L6cfzRJp45sPgGfO3TccA

this is the specs on lappy, if there’s any other way to see the details please let me know, i’m so blind about this kind of thing :frowning:

Create a DxDiag report

1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file dxdiag and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all the text.
  2. Head to Pastebin.com and paste it on the site.
  3. Provide a link to the paste in your reply here.

If you have trouble adding a link, highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

So I just did the dxdiag.
Paste it on the pastebin, and here’s the link

ow rendering issue

What should I do next?

Anyway, by any chance you have discord?
So I can ask you easier, I almost lost this thread lol, couldn’t find the response on my account.
But thank you so much for helping me :black_heart:

I do see that your rendering device timed out (stopped responding to Windows commands). Out of curiosity, is Overwatch on the external drive? I’m asking because it’s using a different format than your main drive (exFAT on the external and NTFS on the main), and Overwatch doesn’t support exFAT.

As for Discord… I’m a volunteer and learned my lesson from posting contact info in the past.

I believe Overwatch on my external hard drive.
Is that might be the issue? Should I download and install the overwatch on my laptop storage?

Also understandable, good thing and thank you so much for helping me in this forum!
I’m almost desperate coz none of the google pages can actually help me.
Since I hace 0 knowledge about this kind of stuff :hot_face:

It’s unlikely IMO.

The rendering device lost message is the result of conflicts between different programs trying to interact with the GPU, a game<>driver interoperability issue or the GPU driver itself having problems like a bug.

I suspect this is one of the reasons why Blizzard dropped support for integrated GPUs (Those on CPUs/APUs) because especially on Intel’s iGPUs standards compliance is often poor.

For example someone is queued in comp then they tab out of the game to watch a video in a web browser which is using GPU acceleration which causes a conflict and OW1/2 to crash.

You could try running the Overwatch.exe directly without the launcher running.

With GTX 600 and 700 series cards using the launcher to launch Overwatch can cause the rendering device lost message. You can still use the launcher to update the game, just make sure it and its associated processes aren’t running in the background when you want to play the game.

Yes, you should move it to your internal hard drive. It may require reinstallation. As mentioned before, the formatting of your external isn’t supported, so you need to eliminate that as a potential issue first.

The launcher has a setting to close automatically when you start the game, fyi. The launcher or other programs isn’t the problem. This is a bug with the game.

This didn’t remove the issue I’d still get crashes.

I’ve since got a GTX 1650 Super that didn’t suffer from the same issue but I still launch Overwatch via Overwatch.exe and only use the launcher to update the game when required.

I just move my battlenet and overwatch to my lappy storage, and so far I played 8 games without crashing or “rendering device lost” :black_heart:
Seems like it works so far, I’ll give an update if there any crashing or lost device again.
Much obliged, thank you so much tho!

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense.

I set up a similar setup and run some tests to fix the problem, my post with the tutorial: Overwatch 2 “Rendering Device Lost” error - AMD Ryzen 3 3200G. I’ve been playing the game for two weeks now with no error screens or other issues. :grinning:

my system also says rendering device lost but I have a 6900xt I just bought so I don’t understand what the problem is

Hey, I’ve been getting this problem since the beta, and in the official game I can’t play anymore than 2 minutes before crashing. I tried every solution I could find online including those in this thread and I just can’t fix this issue. I could play OW1 just fine. Do any of you have any more suggestions?

Howdy y’all,

In these cases, we ask that each of you create your own individual thread with your own DxDiag and the steps you have tried. This will help us troubleshoot your situation specifically and avoid any confusion. Thanks!