Rendering Device Lost

I get this message at random when I have Overwatch open. It has come up a lot and ends with my game closing. I have looked around for a fix but so far non have worked for me. If anyone has any fixes I will hear out anything. And if it cant be fixed then I was hoping that I could get a refund. I’m not fully aware how the refund policy works for Blizzard but I hope that I can get one.

Are you overclocking your GPU by chance? this error was coming up for me because of that reason, I was overclocking through GPU Tweak II but lowered it a bit and all is well no more of this error.

Edit: I think a lot of the issues though are with RTX cards, I’m on a GTX-1080TI so I’m not affected by those issues. If you have an RTX I suspect the problem is with those cards and drivers and should be a fix from Nvidia.

I have an AMD card and was also told that it was a common problem with this type of card

I had a similar issue which randomly started and lasted for like 2 months until I followed some instructions on an old forum post telling me to uninstall my GPU and reinstall it without the 3d drivers (on nvidia at least) I was never overclocked and my temps were always normal low 60s on GPU and cpu was never high either. Doing so fixed my issue, but at the cost of a new graphic bug which makes it so nano boost makes my game look like I’m on some type of drug and everything starts looking like an old antenna TV losing signal with a bunch of static. Besides that I at least dont get random game crashes in comp anymore due to lost rendering device.

These steps are good starting points to check to resolve common RDL’s:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/known-technical-support-issues/25/11?u=wyomingmyst-1633

During a good portion of 2017, a series of drivers from AMD would result in this error, however this was long corrected.