Rendering Device Lost - Need Help with DxDiag

Had the issue for a while, tried all the suggestions, and it got less frequent, but now it’s been more and more frequent. GPU drivers up to date (removed old drivers), no overheating, nothing overclocked, disabled my virtual audio cable. It definitely happens when OBS is running, but I can’t confirm if it’s happened when I’m not running it. For the record, this is ONLY with Overwatch. DxDiag was too long, so paste bin below if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

https:// pastebin . com/8Dydz0XC

According the error log, it’s your GPU timing out, so Windows shuts it down. Since you’re behind several versions on Windows 10, I’d update that first. Then grab Display Driver Uninstaller, remove all GPU drivers and install the latest. If you’re still having problems after all that, download HWMonitor and check for temperature spikes – not averages like most apps and games will provide.

1 Like

Its the game Nicole. Its broken. ITS NOT OUR PCS

Players only post in Tech Support when they have a problem; meanwhile, millions are able to play without issue. It’s clear you’re frustrated, but I don’t work at Blizzard, I’m a volunteer here. Please observe the forum rules and keep your replies in Tech Support limited to constructive input only.

3 Likes

I followed all your instructions, and got through most of a play session without a crash, but one did happen. Peak temp was 78. OBS was running during this. New DxDiag:

https:// pastebin . com / S2J4VPkY

I understand the other guy in this thread is frustrated, but I need to reiterate that this issue on my PC is 100% exclusive to OW. No other game has this, with or without OBS.

Anymore steps to try?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it’s still just showing your GPU timing out. It could be that OBS is causing some conflict with the game or trying to apply an overlay which Overwatch doesn’t like. Sometimes overlays trigger the anti-cheat code on the game.

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket rejected_by_rule, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 194b8873-ed6f-4ab5-b72c-6b4d1905cd07

Problem signature:
P1: 141

I also noticed your GPU drivers are from 2017. Surely there is something more current than that for them, especially a 980 Ti. If you uninstall the current ones with DDU and then get latest, it might fix the problem.

My mistake, I ran the DDU but didn’t upgrade. I’ve since done so, and played for a while, and the crash still happened. No OBS this time.

No overheating, nothing being overclocked, clean updated GPU drivers, Windows current. I’m at a loss. New DxDiag:

https:// pastebin .com/ hXWwWjcZ

Thank you for the help!

According to that report, you’re still being affected by the Razer issue.

Problem signature:
P1: GameManagerService.exe

I’d suggest turning off the Game Scanner service (may need to google the steps, as I don’t use their products). Beyond that, you may also need to hunt down/remove these files:

C:\Windows\System32\RzChromaSDK64.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzChromaSDK.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzAPIChromaSDK.dll

If you’re still having issues, open a ticket with the staff.

The scanner was actually already disabled, but I went ahead and removed the files. First game in, crash. New DxDiag - is it just the same error?

https:// pastebin . com / NuLBrTBi

EDIT: Just some extra info. I played for two hours after the crash outside of competitive mode, zero crashes. 4th game into comp after that, I got a crash again.

I’m just having a harder and harder time thinking that this isn’t something unique to OW.

I know you said Windows is current earlier, but your report (the latest one) shows you behind by several updates. There are also a lot of errors for the virtual audio cable, and the GPU errors are continuing in that report also. I think it’s important to check for those updates manually.

Additionally, how are you checking the temperatures? Are you just using a monitor tool or the in-game display? HWMonitor can observe heat spikes/voltage issues, which is why the staff normally recommends it (and it’s in their support docs).

Finally, if you do check the temps for spikes etc and find nothing, you could look at your memory dumps with software designed to read them (free to download, just Google it), and you’ll likely see plenty of errors leading up to the crash. If you’re not up for this, you can always open a ticket and they can look over your MSInfo (don’t post that here). Sometimes the issue is in that file, but sometimes it’s beyond what their support will address because they don’t offer PC technician services.

Looks like Windows initially told me I was up to date, but after checking again, there were a couple more, which I’ve since installed. Got another crash while viewing highlights after playing about 5 games total (played some earlier without issue). No OBS this time. Following your last paragraph may be the only option left at this point, but I figured I should post this one since I did a bunch of stuff in the interim to try and isolate the problem.

Things I’ve done since last post:

• Turned off Windows Game Mode, along with all recording overlay type stuff (all that Xbox stuff).
  • Windows fully updated, triple checked.
  • Max temp on GPU was 76C for this play session, around 65C during the crash. Using HWMonitor for temps.
  • Max temps on CPU were 72 (core 0), 76 (core 1), 73 (core 2), 68 (core 3), 75 (package - unsure what this is).
  • All virtual audio cables were removed or disabled (left one disabled).
  • Disabled additional Razer services (Scanner was already disabled when you suggested it). Though, I see the game manager thing in the DxDiag, but I don’t have optimization or any of that turned on.
  • GPU drivers up to date.
  • Made sure any Shadowplay-type stuff was also turned off.
  • Ran System File Checker and it said it completed successfully.

Things that might be of note:

• I’ve been unable to reproduce the crash outside of competitive, during a game. I have had crashes in the menu before. This is likely coincidence since I barely play anything other than comp, but thought I’d mention.
  • I need to reiterate that this is ONLY with Overwatch.
  • The last couple issues shows me a “117” Code, whereas this one is 141, which has happened before. Googling either still just suggests NVIDIA drivers.
  • Before the crash it was about 25 minutes just sitting in the menu watching YouTube on another monitor, then viewed 1 highlight fine, the second one crashed.
  • My main monitor isn’t LED, so I have a profile / .icm file thing applied to make it look better. I’d be surprised if that was the issue, but it was active during this crash.

Latest DxDiag:

https:// pastebin . com / agjeifdi

Side note - I really appreciate the help, trying to avoid a ban next season - seems I’m getting escalated up the suspension ladder. :frowning:

EDIT: I ran a memory check that returned zero problems, and reinstalled EVGA Precision to see about underclocking, but since doing these things Overwatch will not open. It starts to, then just closes. Other games will open. Even after returning the clocking to default and restarting, game will still not open.

EDIT 2: I’ve uninstalled EVGA Precision, scanned and repaired the game, still will not launch, even when trying to manually open as admin. Also, fully uninstalled both PTR and retail game, reinstalled, still won’t launch.

EDIT 3: Diablo 3 also will not launch. WoW is fine.

EDIT 4: Some random Razer module began preventing the games from launching. Unsure if unrelated to the crash, won’t be able to play-test again until later in the week. Please let me know if anything pops out in the latest DxDiag.

The Razer SDK maybe that I mentioned above? Try hunting down those files?

C:\Windows\System32\RzChromaSDK64.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzChromaSDK.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzAPIChromaSDK.dll

Otherwise, just more of the same with your GPU timing out. Submitting an MSInfo to the staff might be worth your while like I mentioned above, otherwise looking at the memory dumps usually finds the answer (I think it’s Razer related).

I had already deleted those files from your previous suggestion. That said, I submitted a ticket with the MSInfo. If I’m able to find a solution I will post it back here for others to see in case it’s needed.

I appreciate the help though!

hi im trying to help here.
try this
go to nvidia control panel or amd. > adjust desktop size and position > perform scaling on > DISPLAY
i used to get rendering device lost too. but not anymore