Rendering Device Lost (GTX 1060)

Hey :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing Overwatch for over a year now without any issues, but today my game started crashing randomly when I load into / out of matches. This doesn’t seem to happen mid game.

"Rendering device lost! Application closing."

This has caused me to lose 100 SR, being literally 1 point from plat, so I am pretty pissed off right now.

I didn’t change anything with my drivers prior to this happening, it was totally random. Here are the things I have tried -

Updating / Reinstalling Geforce Drivers
Disabling fullscreen optimisation mode
Scan and repair Overwatch files
Updated all drivers
Ran SFC /scannow

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it’s probably either overheating or it’s not seated properly in your PC. I’d try making sure it’s free of dust, reseating it, and if you’re still having problems, provide a dxdiag.

DxDiag - www.dropbox. com/s/q9i2oe6k5r79cub/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

I’ve cleaned and dusted the GPU and CPU, but it doesn’t crash for any other games. I’ve just got myself an 8 hour fcking cooldown and dropped to 2380SR. For fcks sake I am so unbelievably tilted right now.

Any help?

1 Like

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: StartupRepairOnline
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 10.0.17134.1
P2: 10.0.17134.1
P3: Razer

I’m not sure if this error is triggered by some third-party software Razer included, or if it’s related to a peripheral device.

Fault bucket 1632703747258936549, type 5
Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Windows has attempted to install many updates, which have all failed, so I’d definitely take care of that before continuing the troubleshooting process. It might fix the Razer error, as well.

So I reinstalled Overwatch, uninstalled Geforce experience and am now running in fullscreen windowed. No problems so far, I’ll keep you updated whether it fixes it or not.

Thanks!

i still have gforce experience. Do you just go to their site for the drivers? and if so how many times a week/month? I may uninstall this next.

Did you mean to respond to the other thread? You get nVidia updates via the GeForce experience app. It has a button to check for updates. If you’re trying to uninstall, the directions can be found here: "Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost"

Does it work without doing fullscreen windowed?