Rendering device lost, closing application!

I tried to submit a ticket but it wasnt working, but I’ll try to resubmit when I can

I’m going to keep it short and simple for the forum post, but I wrote a whole paragraph on this issue for me, so let me know if you’d like to see it!
Since I started playing, Ive had the rendering device issue. Graphics card is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630. Tried everything I can find online except I can’t figure out how find Overclocking in the BIOS/EUFI menu so I can’t try that. I have tried everything in the blizzard help page for it.
It not only happens to me in a game, but it happens to me in the menus/shop. When I have my in-game settings showing (FPS, VRM, Temp, all of them) it shows the temp as 0 so i dont know if thats related. Temp is usually around 60C when playing i believe.
This really sucks because I cannot play competitive. Let me know if you have a solution and I will be happy to try it unless it requires spending money because I am a teenager and do not have a job.
Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Overwatch 2 does not officially support Intel integrated graphics. This issue has been around for years and has a variety of causes and was one of the reasons Blizzard dropped support for integrated graphics after Overwatch 2 launched.

You can try launching the game without using the launcher using the instructions in the post liked below which in my experience reduces or removes the rendering device lost error on some hardware but other hardware the error persists so your mileage may vary.

1 Like

In the supported Video Cards it says that the Intel UHD 600 series is supported though?

This solution, while it delayed the error, barely reduced it by much unfortunately.
I apologize for the trouble as I don’t understand this all very much
I just want a hard fix so I can start playing ranked.
Thank you for trying, however!

Supported Video Card graphics

Looks like Blizzard updated the supported video cards section. IIRC they pulled all mention of Intel integrated graphics at some point.

Often the rendering device error is caused by another process causing a resource conflict when accessing the GPU which is why not using the launcher sometimes reduces or outright removes the error for some users.

What other software (if any) do you have running in the background?

Web browsers using GPU acceleration can also cause the error.

I usually close everything except overwatch and the launcher and it still happens. with your method it can still happen a lot

i use opera as a web browser mostly but i close it when i play overwatch

UPDATE 5/22/23 :Today the game has crashed again after 2 hours of playing so I deleted my temporary “solution” to not mislead anyone that it works … nothing works for me for now…

aww. sorry to hear that, i wish us both luck because this crashing has been messing me up :sob:. thank you for trying though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a GPU GT710 2GB VRAM DDR3 and happens a strange thing like I get the last drives of this GPU and I’ll try to play and the error rendering device lost, then I take these current drives and put a very old drive and the game works without this error, kind of a GPU of this wheel the game to 60 frames with few drops in the fight and ticke of the guys so are Speaking of which it’s not supported, then why the hell does she put up with this game at 60 frames ???

I talked to my friend’s father and he said I needed to get a new graphics card, so I ordered a cheap one off of eBay. Wishing everyone the best, and I know I said I didn’t want to spend money on this issue, but sometimes that’s just how it is. :,) He also suggested something about reseting my windows, but I didn’t really understand that lol. Just thought I’d update whats happened so far so that I can let people know later when it comes in the mail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.