"Rendering device has been lost"

This happened to me 2 games in a row and this is going to give me a xp penalty. How do I fix this? I’m on Windows 10 with intel graphics 530 :confused:

2 Likes

Can try this if you haven’t already.

This is the only recent blue response that I’ve found about it.

I switched to a rtx 2070 from a gtx 1080 recently and since then i have been getting this crash. nothing ive tried so far fixes it.

I’d recommend reporting it to Nvidia at the geforce forums if you’re having issues with Nvidia cards ( Specificity RTX cards). They have a post sticked at the top for the latest 417.22 Drivers. Blizzard says this is not a “trending” issue. So I’m guessing it’s not important enough for them to look into currently. I would keep making posts and opening support tickets till they see it is an issue.

I had this issue with ATI cards a lot and never found a fix, first I’ve heard it happen with nvidia and intel too tho :frowning: I went pretty deep into it using windows event viewer and trying to fix whatever it told me. It improved some, but that could’ve just been chance. The thing is it only happened with OW so it was really hard to try to fix. I wish you luck but it’s been around for a long time and idk what causes it :frowning: Some people report fixing it only to come back later and say it came back.

Thank you, Game Master Gauravv

The steps work! I been playing ~10 hours now with no crashing.
If your having issues I suggest following the step to the T.

What did you to fix the problem or who is game master Gauraw and where i can find him?

Built an entirely new PC on Jan 19 - went from 1050Ti to 2070. I now get these crashes.

1 Like

Same here. Built mine in November, just started playing Overwatch again. I streamed some overwatch and crashed 16 times in a total of 75 minutes of streaming.

Everyone,

This may or may not work for you but follow the below thread I created on the EU forums for more guidance.

Hope it helps.

• Kook