Rendering device has been lost. Closing Application!

I know that this has been brought up many times already.

I am running:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
16GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 2070 RTX 8GB OC
240gb m.2 ssd
1TB mechanical drive

Overwatch is the only problem I have the “Render Device has been Lost. Closing Application”.

I have looked at many videos online and read may posts trying to fix this problem and it is still occurring. I have done fresh installs of graphic drives and checked all other drives and they are all up to date. All game video settings are on ultra.

I have not changed any settings all equipment in my build is factory. Please help!

Overwatch doesn’t officially support any overclocking (your card came OC’d from the factory):

You might be able to fix this issue by turning on the debug mode or underclocking your card.

Thanks

I found a possible fix after a couple of hours of searching. I created a ‘paging file’ on my larger hard drive allowing for extra “RAM” and found (so far) that i have not come across the “Render Device Lost” error while playing 10 matches (to remove the leaving early penalty that I couldnt avoid due to the fault)

Wow, that seems unrelated, but I’m glad it’s working for you.

Can you post more details on this fix? I’ve tried renaming overwatch.exe and clean driver installs with no luck. Also RTX 2070 here.

Hey I have been having this problem a lot lately. After a few reboots I noticed my screen flash red for a second. This made me think my graphics card wasn’t supporting multiple monitors, so I went into the bios under advanced/system agent configuration/graphics configuration and found it was disabled. After enabling it my game loaded up fine. Hope that helps.

Check this thread for more tips on how to prevent the crash: "Render Device Lost" Fix for RTX

And post there so they can keep all the info together.

is that stack normal under dxdiag report ?
Détecteur d’erreurs 1657316370483205372, type 5
Nom d’événement : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Réponse : Non disponible
ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :
P1 : Overwatch.exe
P2 : 1.35.0.57675
P3 : 10.0.17763.2.0.0
P4 :

Is there any fix at all for 10 series gtx cards from nvidia??? im getting the same issue, except when it happens my game just freezes, then after like 3 seconds, i get the rendering device has been lost error, i click ok (or whatever the button is) then the game just closes, its been happening a lot lately and to be honest im really getting irritated by it because its ruining a lot of good moments in the game for me. Please help?? my laptop (which i play on) uses a gtx 1070 by the way

It is almost always advised to start your own thread if you want to get help troubleshooting an issue.

In this new thread it is advised to supply a DXDiag which you can post inside a blockquote or you can post the DXDiag on pastebin and only share the hash code after the .com/ (this helps when you can’t post links).