"Rendering Device Failure" message

I got a “your rendering device has stopped” window when I started a competitive game. The game thinks I quit, so I got suspended for 10 min. I am not even overclocking. The same thing happened to me last night. FIX YOUR GAME!

Did you update your Video Card Drivers recently? NVidia is a big culprit in the Video Device Failure/Crash issues. This is caused by 1 of 2 things. You installed the new video driver on top of the old one; and/or the video driver did not install correctly, which happens sometimes on either NVidia and AMD cards.

Best thing to do is go to GURU3D com. Then search do DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), Download the latest driver for your card, or a recent older one if you are more comfortable with that. Start DDU and follow the instructions for a CLEAN install. Process involves at least 1 PC restart, but makes sure all traces of the driver is completely removed to prevent any bad issues like the Driver Failure errors.

Rinse and Repeat every time you decide to update your driver.

I would honestly say maybe 5% of the time its a crash related directly to a game that causes that error.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I ended up switching from borderless window to fullscreen. The game does not crash anymore :smile: