"Render Device Lost" Fix for RTX

Is this fix still working for you?

I tried the fix proposed above. It helped, but it eventually crashed again.

1 Like

have all guys here 2 Monitors on the RTX?
A Friends Crash History Driver Versions:
Crash:

No Crash:

Unfortunately, it is annoying that the power consumption in Multi Monitor mode was only fixed from 416.94. Maybe it has something to do with it?
When yes, nvidia must fix this.

Few days later, Windows 10 made an update.
The crash started happening again.

have all guys here 2 Monitors on the RTX?

Yes, I have 2 in use.

I try driver version 416.34 currently with one monitor.
I post my result if I have tested 1-2 days

i played with Driver Version 416.34 and 2 Monitors without any problems yesterday and today, i think its a nvidia driver problem with the newest driver version and 2 monitors.

Multi Monitor mode was only fixed from 416.94

after 3 days, error is here again :smiley: with 416.94 and 2 Monitors. with one monitor, its better.

So the error only happens with 2 monitors?
So it won’t happen with only one?

It happens with one monitor. I do not have 2.

What version of the driver do you have?

417.35, the latest at the moment

You might want to download driver version 416.34 because it’s the most stable one at the moment. Sometimes new drivers can have lots of issues.

I have a RTX 2080 STRIX. The card literally comes out the factory overclocked. The software provided has no option to stock clock it. I have not had ANY issues with games crashing except for Overwatch. My VRAM never gets capped and my GPU is ICE cold. This thread has 1.5k views. This is clearly a problem. I refuse to underclock a card designed to be overclocked because this game doesnt support it.

Again dont give me the excuse that its my card because this is the only game that crashes.

4 Likes

I’m also having this issue (Asus ROG Strix 2080). At the moment i’m playing with driver 416.34 and so far looking good but am still in doubt. With the latest driver it could happen within 2 matches or even 10 but eventually it crashed with this error message. It also costed me several bans and a massive SR points :(. Hower being on this old driver I cannot play newer games like bf5 so you can’t expect me or other to stay on this driver.

I don’t care who is to blame (blizz or nvidia). All i want is that they get in contact with eachother and fix this.

“Fix” didn’t work here, using a EVGA XC Gaming Ultra RTX 2070 with 417.35 drivers. The card was install like 4 days ago, Overwatch being the only game that keeps crashing.

These settings didn’t help with our 2070. Still crashes randomly. On the Dec 12 drivers with 2 monitors.

Mike

Hello, I just built my PC about a week ago and purchased OW yesterday. I have tried everything I can, download drivers, change memory frequency and all that stuff, but the game keeps crashing. I am extremely disappointed of this s*** as on Steam I am still banned for “fRaUdUlEnT aCtIvItY” because I bought a game 2 years ago… Uplay keeps telling me that the purchase failed and now for once that I am able to buy and download a game it seems like I wont be playing that either. Fantastic Christmas for me I suppose.

This needs to get a fix as this is now a common issue and it keeps getting ignored. I keep crashing about after 5-15 minutes of gameplay, sometimes I can get into a match and then the screen freezes and my HUD disappears. Now a message appears that I will get a penalty if I keep leaving matches early.

A setting that I notice has been SLIGHTLY affecting my playtime longevity is the “rendering scale” setting: GeForce experience recommended 200%, it crashed almost immediately, then I changed it to 150%, it slightly helped, and then the game has been changing the setting lower to 140, and now 122% (which keeps my FPS around 160-165 which is the highest refresh rate possible for my monitor).

I really hope this issue gets fixed ASAP.

My specs:
i7 9700k
16gb RAM
RTX 2080ti
Asus Strix z390-E,

Slugshott

ps. My GPU is the normal Asus Turbo one because my order got messed up so I will have my Strix gaming one.

Hey there.

I also wanted to adress this issue and found this post.
In October i built a brandnew machine with a ryzen 2700x, and an asus rtx 2080 strix. I was extremely happy with the performance of the machine even though overwatch is not that needy on resources.

I always manually update my Drivers. Since I have gone above 417.01 I have had several issues. At first the Windows 10 Game Bar and Game Mode crashed the game with no error message after it was activated. When I disabled it the Game crashed with the “Rendering Device Lost” Message.

I did a complete Reinstall of the Drivers to 416.34
Since 2 Days I have no Problems like I used to have.
I can confirm that temperatures got up by ca. 8 °C with drivers above 417.01.

I can’t tell who, but either the game or the driver let the card behave different in terms of rendering workload and power consumption.

Pls Blizzard. Fix this :slight_smile:

Hey again all,

Sorry for the silence on this thus far. I’ve been gathering some data in the background when I get some reports of this, but I’m not seeing anything particularly interesting in common with you all other than the RTX card. I’d like to get some information on how your PC is using its hardware when this happens. To do this, we’re going to download a utility called HWmonitor. Run this utility while playing until you experience a crash, then maximize the test and look over the “Max” column. Did your CPU/GPU temps get too high?

[[Edited: Removed old troubleshooting - this was confirmed to not work for this issue. See the latest blue post for updates.]]

I can swap my RTX 2070 with my GTX 1070 and I don’t have any issues. Same setup.

I’ve been monitoring temps on the RTX 2070 with EVGA X1 Precision software while playing different games (OW, WoW, BFV) and it peaks at 61-62 °C.

I don’t want to sound rude, but this thread was open 25 days ago and you guys are still at level 1 troubleshooting.

5 Likes