Remove the penalty notification

If you don’t like the time then don’t do the crime…

simplest solution.

1 Like
  1. i wasnt being toxic people decided to report me for abusive chat for whatever reason 2) the fact that u cant talk is more than reminder enough anyway, this is just unnecessary and distracting

you really need to work on your definition of a question bud

2 Likes

I think he just doesn’t want the notification to stay on his screen. He knows he’s silenced

3 Likes

“Do not do the thing”

This dude is asking for something that has to do with the penalty. It shouldn’t take such a big part of the screen. At the same time, it is written is bigbold red letters so this is extremely distracting.

The penalty should not make his gameplay experience worse and should only silence him. The warning should dissapear like the rest of the warnings do.

1 Like

Because soooooo many people just decided to chime in to false report you, huh?

I bet if they removed it then plenty of silenced people will outcry that they can’t chat because they believed they were unsilenced with the notification being removed, there’s no trusting this community anymore.

On a side note, does it still persist if you hide the chat window altogether? That may as well be your only hope if you’re concerned about distractions.

finally a person who can read

1 Like

Shift + Ctrl + C
You’re welcome.

2 Likes

But wouldn’t not being silenced in the first place be a better solution to this problem than having a notification at all?

thats actually brilliant thanks mate

2 Likes

“Can you jump really high?”

“Can you remove the silence notification?”

Both questions. You asked. The other poster answered.

Silenced players should continue to see this notification until they are able to speak again. This is to remind them of their crime.

2 Likes
  1. this is a request not a question
  2. i did not ask about people’s opinion on whether or not it should be removed, i requested it to be removed
  3. you are not a dictator and u are in no position to decide what and what should not silenced players have on their screen, so if u have any further opinions on this matter you are free to make your own thread as this thread is not for you to stretch ur gray matter.
    thanks for coming
3 Likes

re·quest
rəˈkwest
noun
an act of asking politely or formally for something.

A request is sub-category of a question.

You are posting on a public forum which means that anyone can answer it. If you did not want it to be public or answered by anyone you should have sought a means of contact that was more private.

I am expressing my opinion in this thread because this is a public forum. Attempting to dissuade me from doing so is YOU being the dictator. Not me.

It’s pretty clear to see why you were reported for abusive chat, going on what i have seen in here.

You don’t have to be abusive to say you disagree with someones opinion.

In response to your request, i cannot see Blizzard removing the one reminder that your account has been punished.

That being said you can just hide your chat if it bothers you.

That would be false reporting and those who reported you would have been punished because blizzard has logs of the match chats so they can see what happened

I am explaining to you why I did not pose this as a question to the community rather a request, you can google search thesaurus definitions all you want, it doesn’t change what I obviously meant.

Exactly because I am posting on a public forum I have the freedom to explain to you, because you seem to have a hard time understanding it, that I did not ask a question.

What i left you was a suggestion because you seemed to be under the illusion that I will entertain this conversation as a form of debate on whether or not the notification should be removed, so i suggested if you want to carry on with this debate you should make your own thread.

And lastly I did not call you a dictator, I quite obviously said that you are in fact NOT a dictator, and the comparison that me suggesting to you that your opinion is unwarranted on a thread about a feature request is nothing short of laughable. I could carry on with this pointless conversation, but I have other things to do, so you’re free do some more wikipedia searching to Own me with some Logic™ all you want, it is a public forum after all.

I don’t remember precisely the keys that you have to press but you can hide the chat and so hide the notification, look it up on yt

This is directly from Blizzard.

“We welcome and encourage you to share your ideas through our community forums. While our developers may not reply to your ideas, they watch the forums for constructive feedback, player reactions, and popular topics.”

You can find the article:

These forums are not stricly designed to post something and expect no debate or discussion but a means of reviewing feedback and the reactions of the overall community to said posts.

Which means that you are in the wrong place if you expect no one to make replies with opposing view points. You can place feedback on these forums. However, they are open to discussion when placed whether you like it or not.

You get a fullscreen popup once you enter the game. Silence mode could be displayed by a simple small icon in the chat window, not a huge block of text on a red requester background. Being silenced IS the actual punishment. That red box is harassment.

Maybe YOU are that oblivious you would forget you have been silenced after 5 minutes of play, but the usual human being is capable of remembering this fact until he/she logs in next time and sees that fullscreen popup.

1 Like

Who says the punishment must be only 1 thing.

Simple answer is don’t get silenced.

By adding an element that distracts you from gameplay and makes the bottom line of chat unreadable? A bugged, flickering mess causing epilepsy when that “you have a leaver” popup also wants to show itself in the same space?

Wow.

1 Like