Remove sigmas shield

I could see his shield going away in exchange for cleaving primary fire, pushing him even more towards a brawler.

Or could do the opposite and nerf Grasp. Another thing to consider.

That’s the trick. Give AnchorTanks a close range weakness, and pump up the close range strength on other Tanks. Then it works just fine.

AnchorTank OtherTanks
Strength: Medium/Long Range Close Range
Weakness: Close Range Medium/Long Range
Firepower: Similar Similar

i do agree but sigma is already weak at close range, only orisa needs fortify nerfed in that regard imo. If you would consider them the 2 anchor tanks.

what about zarya, sym, mei… also his kinetic grasp, that is on a 10 second cooldown and when he uses it he is completely vulnerable to beam attacks and even attacks from behind and above. he can’t stun you cant put his barrier up, nothing of the sort.

the probably is closing the distance on him with those heroes if theyre playing a double shield comp. if sigma is playing as the ‘main tank’ he is fairly easy to take care of with lucio,rein,zarya comp

Way ahead of you on that.

been saying this for a year. sigma should have never gotten a barrier. at the very least make his barrier have like 400 hp and act like sym 2.0 shield

they should put his power into grasp and rock. let him fly with grasp and move 1.5x faster. do what op said and make his rock cast faster, or at least be able to charge its power

This made me laugh… sure, lose double jump on Genji we have a deal.

3 Likes

yes that could be another option making his shield low hp and mainly used for blocking cooldowns and burst damage (hog hook, earth shatter, dva bomb ect.)

Genjis is get nerfs on next patch, maybe after hew will be troll pick for another 2 years :wink:

Hardly. And he was always better than people wanted to give him credit for, most just couldn’t hit his skill floor.

you can include hog in the list of counters especially with how fast he can mow down his shield

1 Like

Realistically, with how Tanks are in OW, he’s going to be a major balance problem until they do. That, or they’d have to go the main tank route but that would require heavier changes.

Honestly though, it blows my mind how they were working with freaking gravity and all its vast possibilities and yet the best they could come up with was a boring barrier? They have zero creativity when it comes to Tanks and Supports.

1 Like

He used to be able to cancel KG using his Rock throw. They changed it, and nothing cancels KG now.

It kind of sucked, because not many knew this. Sometimes I would use KG and the enemies would stop shooting at me, giving me a perfect opportunity to cancel KG with rock throw.

1 Like

Whats KG? never seen that used before

kinetic grasp, his succy into shields ability

In my experience sigma red lights hog if they use there shield to block hooks and peel his flanks. not to mention he cancel heal and ult and eat ult.

i tend to save my hook for his rock and heal while hes using his hand hole thing

Or hog for that matter.

1 Like

SVB hosted a tank conversation and one idea that was thrown out was having to EARN your shield back.

If his shield had a long Regen cool down that essentially only recharged between fights, but kinetic grasp first recharged the barrier prior to providing over-shields, I think that would instantly help where he is at in the meta, and especially how he helps define double-shield.

Double-shield could be shut down by just not feeding his grasp. Beam and cleave/melee are prominent in other comps and would work well against him.

1 Like

And what woudl that mean for Rein, who’s literally a close range anchor tank.

And let’s not forget that Orisa isn’t an awesome tank at close range either, given that she’s partially balanced to be behind a barrier as much as possible.