Remove separate MMR's for role que & DELETE Open Queue

Buddy I’ve clocked 4000 hours on old and new (top 500) accounts since release (not bragging) and I’m familiar with everybody in the scene
Don’t try to lecture me on being new to the community

And what are you on about? Who said anything about integrating the open que system?

“Since you can’t switch from Support to DPS mid game it also doesn’t really show your MMR of a rank but overall performance, which isn’t precise and well removes ladder integrity.” - What? You just contradicted yourself because overall performance doesn’t matter when you are playing 1 ROLE in a seperate MMR, since you are such a role que enthusiast

You are either…
A. Misunderstanding
B. A quick play player
C. Plat since release
D. Enjoying 10 minute ques in 2500 and 2 separate leaderboards (1 of which less than 500 people play) all whilst letting people play roles they dont play in comp (nor do they care about it because its a separate MMR they hardly touch)

Playtime doesn’t indicate how familiar you are with the community.

In-game conversations are much different from forum discussions.
If you’re counting discord conversations that’s certainly different, though that’s not something I can be aware of if you’re using a new account that is Gold to Diamond.

This account you’re using is a level 41 too, which well isn’t that old.

So I don’t see why you’re surprised if you’re trying to hide your identity like this, there would be no reason for you to talk under a different name unless something has happened or you don’t want to be judged by your opinion.
If at all, my assumption is your fault since you’ve provided me with false information.
I can’t confirm you’re actually top500 like this, nor can I assume you’re trying to better the game if you’re playing with an account that’s lower than your actual ranking.

It could indicate that you’re a smurf maybe, those harm the matchmaking quite a lot… the same applies to alternative accounts sadly enough.

So I really doubt you are trying to make a change here worth for the community.

Also, I think forum time really is important if you want to speak in the majority of the community. Because you’re coming to these forums and speaking for the members of these forums whilst you haven’t spent that much time on the forums.
You might speak for those that you have encountered in-game or on discord but that isn’t the majority.

Not going to say that this is the majority either on the forums, though you bring an idea here and you want to start a discussion. It’s important to properly use information since there is a big part of the community that still plays Open Queue, whilst you mentioned that nobody plays the gamemode.

Open Queue doesn’t have any separate MMR per role, it’s one whole MMR.
This is because you can play multiple roles in one game.

In Role Queue you have separate MMR for your roles because you can’t change your role mid-game.
Removing that separate MMR results in well it mimicking how it works in OQ, which well isn’t really designed for RQ.
Sure, that doesn’t mean we can’t remove separate MMR for the roles, though i personally think it’s better to match people per role.

Because if you do well on DPS and get your MMR up, that means you could get ranked in a high ranked match once you play Support.

What if your DPS is Diamond and your Support is Gold, yeah that could certainly ruin some matches.

I’m not misunderstanding anything, all I’m getting is false information from you so it’s hard to talk with you.

I’m not a quick play player, most of my hours are spent in Competitive.

I haven’t been a plat since release, i’ve been improving a lot… though do note that being a high ranked player doesn’t always mean you have the best knowledge.
You might be able to apply said knowledge in-game meaning you can become a higher rank, though there are players in Platinum with a better understanding of the game and its mechanics than a Masters player… they just can’t apply it in in-game scenarios.

I don’t enjoy long queue’s, though the solution you’re suggesting to fix queue times would lower the match quality. The entire reason why Role Queue was created was to increase match quality, player base barely took queue times into consideration when suggesting role queue. This was a major flaw that went unnoticed, resulting in well these issues with queue times nowadays.

Would you rather have fun and balanced matches or bad but fast matches?

Also you come to the forums to have a discussion, you’re not here to belittle or degrade me in any way.
We’re trying to look for a solution here not to find differences between each other.

8 Likes

Maybe i misunderstand but if we remove role separated MMR does that mean that if my DPS MMR sucks and i will climb with Tank currently then my DPS MMR will hold me back and i won’t be able to perform? Because if thats the case, then no thank you.

2 Likes

Smurfing does not harm matchmaking at all. Get good.
All the people who run Overwatch stated its fine, smurfs are out of the low ranks fast and it keeps the game alive.

I don’t need your confirmation

I have played for over 4 years and Im a no-name in the T2-T3 scene. It genuinely hurts me to see the slow decay of this game.

Im not here to do either of those. Im right either way

2 Likes

actually I did ask for it

2 Likes

This is a great thread. Overwatch players deserve a say in their terms of use for competitive play. More information about MMR, which is an algorithmic handicapping system:

Nice Max Mid Diamond Rank you got there =]

3 Likes

The whole definition of smurfing is when a player throws on a new account to stomp in lower rankings.
Once these users notice that their rank is increasing they’ll just throw again to bring their rank down.

You saying this already proves your lack of knowledge, players that aren’t in their proper ranking won’t give normal results.

Let’s say you have a thrower on your team, meaning your team won’t produce normal results.
If you get a Masters player in a Gold lobby then that would be extremely one-sided too.

Since there are so many smurfs the matchmaker can’t really assume what should be matched together, so yes it hurts the matchmaker.

You might not need mine, but if you want to speak for the majority of the community then you should be able to validate that you have engaged in enough conversations to prove that you know what the community wants.

If you’re going to give me false information or not enough information then i’m free to assume you don’t know enough. If you want to prove otherwise then you can, though then again you don’t need to reply with:

So yeah confirmation not required but no need to complain if i can’t confirm it.

Yes, I’ve played this game for that time somewhat too.
Ranking might be different, though the same thing applies to what i said previously about knowledge.
Not saying i know better than you, though I think it’s clear since you just previously mentioned smurfing does not hurt the community despite the community having a different stance on that.

This also proves you can’t speak for the majority of you get wrong what the majority actually has said.

What, you come to a public forum where everyone can reply to a post to just make a plain old statement?

There’s no use for you here if you’re just here to spout messages at the people and never do anything with it ever again.

You perfectly fit the category of a bad top500 player that hates the community.
You think what’s good for the community therefore anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Anything that disproves you (even if logically) is rendered false by your supreme say, correct?

Well, you’ve convinced me… you clearly are an idiot.
Every high ranked player that had a bad suggestion acted in the exact same way you did, you didn’t even try to speak properly just short sentences thrown at those who dare oppose these mighty high ranks. Maybe you’re the same person i’ve previously met, wouldn’t surprise me nonetheless.

This thread is related to splitting MMR from 3 roles to an overall MMR shared by the 3 roles.

It’s not related to Algorithmic Handicapping, which i completely understand you wanting to raise awareness for but i’m quite sure it’s off-topic.

If you wanted to explain what MMR is then maybe another thread would’ve fitted for that scenario, though then again we’re assuming people know what MMR is here. Hence why the discussion is about something more in-depth.

3 Likes

Smurfs aren’t a problem because Jeff once said it. SURE

Next you’re going to tell us that all low level accounts are just new players, right?

I have Cuthbert on ignore for this specific reason. They only ever talk about this one thing over and over again. It’s best not to engage with their inane ramblings.

BTW, Supra is a troll; arguing with them is gonna be pointless.

5 Likes

So much fail and false info here it isn’t even funny. I wanted role queue so please edit your post from No one to people did ask for it. Role queue is 3894527234 times worse. People will play tank for the passes and basically cost you the match because they don’t play tank. Also people will queue as heals and just do dps heals costing their team the match since they don’t want to wait in a dps queue.

Don’t like Open Queue then don’t use it. Obviously plenty of people play it since I am not sitting in queue for 15 mins.

4 Likes

With those kinds of numbers on Cree and doom?! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I smell boosted…

Homie is definitely only Diamond at best on his main role.

His profile reminds me of mine the first time I hit Diamond.

A “Supra” troll :joy:

This guy is not a T500 player. 100% Diamond at best…

2 Likes

Bro don’t speak for the majority of the forums. I think it’s fine if someone new wants to voice their opinion.

Do note that OP used

as an argument.

This would be invalid as the argument is false.
OP has said that they know enough about the game to know what’s proper, he also has engaged with enough of the community to know what they think.

With that information, I find it fine to assume he can give proper reasons to why changes should be made.

Also, he wouldn’t be voicing his opinion if he’s using the opinion of others to base his opinion on.

2 Likes

Bro if you’re on these forums as much as you say and don’t understand the concept of hyperbole idk what to tell you.

Do you seriously expect me to engage seriously with a troll?

Look i remember his name i’m just trying to play with him.

2 Likes

How would any of what you said help with (DPS) queue times, or make RQ less miserable?

2 Likes

:rofl: Overwatch is not an arena shooter… Quake waves hello

1 Like

The argument is false? Load up Overwatch > click competitive > leaderboards > open que leaderboards. Open your eyes, you cant hide from the truth

It takes more competitive matches to register for the leader board on Open Queue.

2 Likes

Technically Overwatch classifies as a “Hero Shooter” with an FPS/MOBA hybrid.

1 Like